I feel like i'm listening/watching the GOTY content wrong

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

So since the birth of GB I still feel like I have been listening / watching the GOTY content wrong. So what is the best way to watch the videos and listen to the GOTY podcasts in terms of not spoiling any of it.

I normally ignore all the videos that come out on the website and when I go back to work in January I listen to all the podcasts in order. Then go back and watch the end of day videos, it just seems like i'm doing it wrong. Is there a better way of doing it? Have the staff said which is the way they recommend.

Any suggestions please, just no spoilers ;) I look forward to the GB GOTY content.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch them however you want. There's no right or wrong way.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xanadu

I do the same thing you do and have wondered the same thing. But my thought process is the videos are much shorter than the audio podcasts and I feel like already knowing the winners by watching the videos first takes away from the debates that occur on the podcast as you already know the outcomes.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Day 1 content releases! I listen to the deliberations podcast and then watch the video and read the article.

I repeat that for each day!

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

I do the same thing you do and have wondered the same thing. But my thought process is the videos are much shorter than the audio podcasts and I feel like already knowing the winners by watching the videos first takes away from the debates that occur on the podcast as you already know the outcomes.

Thats the way I originally saw it. I think maybe it might be the correct way.

@flstyle said:

Day 1 content releases! I listen to the deliberations podcast and then watch the video and read the article.

I repeat that for each day!

I would do that if I could, but some days at work I could have 5-8 hours free where I can listen to the podcasts but not able to watch the videos. So I tend to binge and listen to them all then go back and watch the videos when I can.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Watch all of the videos as soon as possible because the content is amazing. Listen to the podcasts whenever you have something really monotonous to do for several hours in the next few years.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've put a bit of thought into this myself. But over the last couple of years I've just taken my time with it and listen to the podcasts first. After each podcast I watch the video and read the article to recap it.

Doing the videos first and then the podcasts wouldn't be as good IMO, because then I'd be listening to these 2+ hour podcasts already knowing what the outcome will be. Wouldn't be as fun IMO.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Hunter5024

One time I accidentally clicked the recap post before listening to the podcast and I felt like I got spoiled.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lists -> Videos -> Article -> Podcast

That's how I usually go about it.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twisted said:

I've put a bit of thought into this myself. But over the last couple of years I've just taken my time with it and listen to the podcasts first. After each podcast I watch the video and read the article to recap it.

Doing the videos first and then the podcasts wouldn't be as good IMO, because then I'd be listening to these 2+ hour podcasts already knowing what the outcome will be. Wouldn't be as fun IMO.

Yeah definitely podcast first then video.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I watch the video's first and the listen to the podcasts quite a while after everything has been announced.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Video. Avoid everything else.

GOTY is dumb anyways. At least the sketch-comedy is fantastic.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Bocam
@theht said:

What kind of monster are you? Don't you know you're spoiling the podcast Brad put his body and soul into kinda editing? rabble rabble rabble

Sarcasm on the internet is hard

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to the podcast's first, then I watch the videos. There's tons of things I do while listening, so it's not like I decide to take time out of my day to listen to them.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:
@theht said:

What kind of monster are you? Don't you know you're spoiling the podcast Brad put his body and soul into kinda editing? rabble rabble rabble

Sarcasm on the internet is hard

Hah, you've got my sympathies there.

But yeah, about the whole "GotY spoilers" thing: I go to the podcasts for the discussions, not to find out who won what.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For me it's easier to follow the logic if I know what they ended up on.

It's interesting to listen and to analyse, they talking some great things about game X, so what made them pick game Y in the end?

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I read the article to find out who the winners are, then watch the video because it probably took a minute to load, then I listen to the parts of the bombcast that seem like they'll be interesting based on the article/what game won. I don't want to listen to them have a debate about a bunch of games I don't care about, after all.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cram everything into my brain as fast as possible. The creamy center is the arguments on the podcast, therefore I watch the video to warm up and follow it with the day's podcast. And check out the lists while listening.

As Patrick says, the interesting fun part is seeing how they got to that point. Like seeing Guilty Gear on there and thinking "Weird.. I did not expect that.." and hearing what created that result.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do kinda wish they would list the games discussed in the podcast so I know what to avoid in fear of spoilers. But please @drewbert don't be that guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always podcast first, it's the best and meatiest part. The videos are called recaps for a reason. I usually look at the lists while listening.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcasts first, and then videos. Anyway you go about it as long as the specific podcast comes before the video content for the same specific awards.

Sprinkle in the individual GOTY lists and you can play yourself a nice game of 'Guess Who Goty' while listening.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sterling

I like listening to the podcasts first because I like hearing the entire processes of determining the winner, as well as not knowing who the winner is before starting. I feel like watching the videos or reading the articles first somewhat ruins the podcasts as you know how it ends up before hand, and that has less impact on the debates for me. And I usually don't even bother with the articles as its just a rehash of the podcast/videos. However I use them to refer back to look at past winners, so its nice they exist. I do however watch all the videos after I have listened to the corresponding podcast for that day.

Also I love that they put it out in all three formats. That way everyone can experience the content however they want. Using any of the formats. Its why they are the best. Also this years videos started out amazing.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcacts first then the video. I can't imagine doing it the other way around. That's basically like reading spoilers first and then going back to watch the movie/show.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcacts first then the video. I can't imagine doing it the other way around. That's basically like reading spoilers first and then going back to watch the movie/show.

I don't really give a shit about who actually wins. I love seeing the videos they make, so I always watch that stuff first. I will read the articles if I want more info, but I usually pass on them. Then when I am playing a game that allows it or if I have a drive ahead of me I'll listen to the podcast. Seeing who wins isn't the interesting part, it's seeing how they get to their decision.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Listen to the day's podcast and then watch the day's video. It's what I've always done.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I always do podcast and then video. Then the article later on in the day, not really as important as the first two.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I usually watch the videos in the morning, then since it's my holiday break I do huge house chores while listening to the podcast. Today for instance I pressured washed my path's around my house and trimmed some trees, will probably do the gutters while listening to tomorrows.

I'm in my 30's as fuck.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What is wrong with you people. Podcasts above all else.