I just logged in 10 hours of Dragon Age:Origins straight :O

hardcorebunnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hardcorebunnni

I'm at the capital of Ferelden, in a house that's filled with mercenaries, archers and mages and I died for the first time. I popped up the reload screen(fortunately I had auto-save on, so my last save was when I entered that very house) and I realized I had been playing for 10 hours.  
I woke up at 9:00ish, opened my presents until I found Dragon Age, installed it and began playing as a Human Noble, trying to be a good guy(altough in this game that's easier said than done) and it's now 20:00 (GMT is my time zone). Has this happened to any of you guys? Last game I've played so compulsively was Mass Effect on the 360.

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SammydesinasNL

First of all, if you're playing on x360, congrats on not get RROD. 
I've often played for stretches that long in the past when I had some friends over (about a day once). It's very fun to do yes.  

Merry Christmas.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I often do that because I have nothing better to do.  I think the longest I've played a game was something like 12 hours on Persona 4.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995

Isn't that what we ALL have done this christmas?

bobber205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bobber205
@hardcorebunnni: That encounter is a bitch and was the first one I had significant trouble with.
me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By me3639

Just completed another 6hrs on the PC. I cant even imagine how it play on a console, but who cares it is a great game.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I don't know if I ever did a 10 hour stretch, but when I got MGS4, a friend and I played it all night until the sun came up.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Raven

You spent your whole Christmas day sitting in your room by yourself playing Dragon Age? Lucky bastard, I spent mine trying to get the damn game to install!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

I did the same with Mass Effect, haha

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aeterna

Nope, didn't do that. I tend to play for 1-3hour stretches with some breaks in between. 

The only game I remember playing for.. well, near 24-hours is WoW...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

Meh, I played Mass Effect for about the same (on and off through the day) yesterday as well.  I tend to play for long stretches of time when I do play.  Kind of like "binge drinking".  I won't play for days and days then put in 8-10 hours on a Saturday.  Still, it's not as bad as when I was playing World of Warcraft.  I can recall doing 16+ hour sittings then. 

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Titl

this is the kind of game that'll do that...i played for 6 hours straight..usually i don't have sittings that long, i tend to play for 2 hours..

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Robiin

I definitley like this game, but I find myself sort of bored after a while. Am I really the only person to experience this?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jimbo

Is that the building where three doors lead into the same room and there are three Blood Mages (plus about a billion other guys) inside?  That was probably the toughest fight in the whole game for me - I eventually fluked it on about the third try because last man standing Alistair hit a level up right before he went down.  Everything else was cake after that.

Last game I played solid like that was Shenmue 2.  I can't really game like that anymore, I start to lose interest.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By nanikore

Well, one time I raided in World of Warcraft for almost 10 hours. That's about what I can remember. Console games I usually play in 1-2 hour bursts.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By galiant
@Robiin said:
" I definitley like this game, but I find myself sort of bored after a while. Am I really the only person to experience this? "
Maybe take a break and come back to it later? =) I'm sure you'll start missing it after a while.

I'm on my fifth playthrough, (first playthrough took me 47 hours) and I'm still loving it. Every time I think I've seen it all, I discover something new. It's definitely my game of the year, and something I'll come back to many times in the future! I think the longest session I had was some day after my exam, I played for 16 hours from morning to midnight. It wasn't an entirely uninterrupted session though, the entire morning I had to take five/ten minute breaks as I was doing the laundry at the same time, and I had dinner in the evening (forgot about lunch though, hehe!).
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By maxszy
@hardcorebunnni: And that's why its such a great game! :-) I don't think I started with 6 hours straight, but I did quite a few straight. I haven't done REALLY long stretches since my WoW days...*cringes* those were bad.
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By raidingkvatch
@Galiant: 5th is pretty good going. I burned out half way through my third and am taking a little break from Dragon Age to play games I got cheap on Steam
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@dbz1995 said:
" Isn't that what we ALL have done this christmas? "
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By skrutop
@Jimbo said:

" Is that the building where three doors lead into the same room and there are three Blood Mages (plus about a billion other guys) inside?  That was probably the toughest fight in the whole game for me - I eventually fluked it on about the third try because last man standing Alistair hit a level up right before he went down.  Everything else was cake after that.   Last game I played solid like that was Shenmue 2.  I can't really game like that anymore, I start to lose interest. "

That was an incredibly difficult fight, for sure.  Right up there with the final boss in the Orzammar quest-line and the spider queen.  After dying about four times to the mages, I just started spamming acid flasks.