Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By napalm
@Brendan said:
I'm not into it.
I'll just piggyback Brendan's statement for a quick second. 

It's a gimmick and it won't last. It strains my eyes, makes me slightly nauseous and makes me feel like I should have just seen the damn movie in 2D instead.
Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Recostar
@Grumbel said:

@Sin4profit said:

I'm not into 3D because, science... When they can make a 3D TV that can detect the convergence of my eyes then we'll talk. 

Exactly, the problem with 3D isn't that it is bad by itself, but that the current implementations are so damn primitive and they have been for 15 years as shutter glasses are nothing new. They give you some sense of depth, but not actually an realistic reproduction of the real experience. If they would couple 3D TV with some Kinect head tracking to shift the viewing angle depending at how you look at the scene, they still wouldn't be able to fix the convergence issues, but at least that way they could give you an actually 3D experience instead of just sterosopic stuff. My dream setup of course would be a VR helmet along with head and eye tracking, done right it could give you an incredible experience, but hardly anybody seems to actually develop the technology for that, thus the resolution from 3D glasses still suck rather badly.  Another issues is also simply the games, slapping 3D onto them afterwards never really works, things like cross hairs or the weapon always feel off, some texturing tricks that look fine in 2D look tend to look worse in 3D, as it becomes much more obvious that 3D structure in a texture is just painted on and not actually 3D.  At this point 3D is still simply to immature to be really worth it, maybe that will change in the future, but given how long it has been around (longer then 100 years if you count early experiments) and given that it still suffers from all the basic problems, I wouldn't hold my breath. The best part of 3D is probably that the TVs and monitors will all be able to display 120Hz or more instead of being maxed out at 60Hz, which can benefit good old 2D gaming.

I think for the most part there is a ton more room for 3D to evolve, in fact I even think head tracking may be implemented into the PS4.   I found a video I thought you might be interested in seeing.  I know that this engineer doesn't work for a big corporation (although I can't really say for sure ) but It's an indication of how easy it would be to make it work. You probably have already seen this, It's an older video made about 3 years ago that focuses on head tracking tech .  I think that if the PS4 is really going to take 3D to the next level it will probably implement something similar .     Update - It seems that he does work for a big company

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Vinny_Says

HD improved picture quality. 3D does not.

gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By gamedismantler

I own a 3DS and a 55" 3D TV (that I have yet to experience because of my lack of 3D glasses). I like 3D a lot. Actually I really wish the cameras on the 3DS were at least 4 or 5 megapixels because this .3 shit is horrible. But I still go around and take a picture with my camera and my 3DS. I like having both. For me it's almost won me over. Now I just need some damn fine content (and cheaper glasses, I mean c'mon)

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Slaker117

The use of 3D has never had a positive effect on my viewing or playing experience. If they can develop the technology into something meaningful and enjoyable to me, great, but until then I really don't care.

Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Recostar
@gamedismantler said:

I own a 3DS and a 55" 3D TV (that I have yet to experience because of my lack of 3D glasses). I like 3D a lot. Actually I really wish the cameras on the 3DS were at least 4 or 5 megapixels because this .3 shit is horrible. But I still go around and take a picture with my camera and my 3DS. I like having both. For me it's almost won me over. Now I just need some damn fine content (and cheaper glasses, I mean c'mon)

Come June, Say between the 9 -  12  , you might hear about a new feature where your able to watch 3D Youtube videos on your 3DS.  This is going to be huge for guys like me that are creating 3D videos, Of course this is all jut hear say ,and nothing is confirmed.
gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By gamedismantler
@Recostar said:
Come June, Say between the 9 -  12  , you might hear about a new feature where your able to watch 3D Youtube videos on your 3DS.  This is going to be huge for guys like me that are creating 3D videos, Of course this is all jut hear say ,and nothing is confirmed.
Thats exciting! I already have youtube on my 3D tv. So I'm sure that won't take much to update either. I heard about youtube 3D but didn't know it was coming to the 3DS as well. I'd really love netflix to do the same thing as well once it becomes a more common thing.  

I know the tech is new but I think the future of 3D would benefit the most from being a part of the iPhone. I wrote a while ago how Nintendo had won not because they got to this handheld generation first or even the 3D. But because I was willing to bring it along with me even though i already owned an iPhone. If apple had some but minimum amount of physical buttons and a 3D screen (although I'm sure the touch part would make it hard to focus) with a nice 3D video camera. 3D content would explode. I've already have been uploading some of my 3DS pictures to 3Dporch.com and I'm getting even better at making them interesting. But I'd love to make my own videos for relatively cheap. ($600 3D camcorders are not cheap enough for mainstream)
Recostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Recostar
@gamedismantler said:

@Recostar said:

Thats exciting! I already have youtube on my 3D tv. So I'm sure that won't take much to update either. I heard about youtube 3D but didn't know it was coming to the 3DS as well. I'd really love netflix to do the same thing as well once it becomes a more common thing.  

I know the tech is new but I think the future of 3D would benefit the most from being a part of the iPhone. I wrote a while ago how Nintendo had won not because they got to this handheld generation first or even the 3D. But because I was willing to bring it along with me even though i already owned an iPhone. If apple had some but minimum amount of physical buttons and a 3D screen (although I'm sure the touch part would make it hard to focus) with a nice 3D video camera. 3D content would explode. I've already have been uploading some of my 3DS pictures to 3Dporch.com and I'm getting even better at making them interesting. But I'd love to make my own videos for relatively cheap. ($600 3D camcorders are not cheap enough for mainstream)
Are you able to watch my 3D game review videos in 3D on your TV ? I wasn't 100% sure that was possible .. here the link to my Youtube channel S3DGamerZONE , would be great to know if your able to. 
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Aetheldod

I dont hate 3D  , yet I dont pursue it

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PillClinton

still don't want to buy a new tv

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By jkuc316

I can't really understand 3D, but I applaud you for standing for some you believe in