I think that Pirates of Dark Water would make a superb video game

fknryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By fknryn

For starters, I never played the SNES or Genesis games, but was a big fan of the cartoon (so far as to buy a burned dvd full of 23 episodes that made up the unfinished series off of eBay). I had been toying around with the idea in my head for a while now, and after seeing someone post their idea of a great zombie game, I've decided to take a stab at it myself.

'The series followed a group of adventurers on a quest to collect the Thirteen Treasures of Rule, which possessed the combined power to stop an evil substance known as "Dark Water" from consuming the alien world of Mer.', taken directly from wikipedia, this is an awesome set up. It's got treasure, evil and alien all wrapped into one. The whole thing could play out like Mass Effect, except on a ship. I'd hate to see the orginal characters come back, due to voicework and already created story lines. Instead, I'd like to see all new friends and enemies to flesh out the experience. Ren (prince) teamed up with Niddler (flying monkey), Tula (ecomancer) and Ioz (rogue pirate) to find hidden treasures across a vast ocean with multiple islands while trying to escape Bloth (evil pirate) and dark water, which was consuming the entire planet.

All in all, this game could contain gun and swordplay, magic, squad based battles, sailing, flying and puzzle solving. As I said, I'd like to see new faces (maybe ancestors) to inhabit the game, but still in the same vein as the characters that I grew to love. I don't know how many other people remember this show, but I know that I would definitely be the first one to preorder it.

fknryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fknryn

For starters, I never played the SNES or Genesis games, but was a big fan of the cartoon (so far as to buy a burned dvd full of 23 episodes that made up the unfinished series off of eBay). I had been toying around with the idea in my head for a while now, and after seeing someone post their idea of a great zombie game, I've decided to take a stab at it myself.

'The series followed a group of adventurers on a quest to collect the Thirteen Treasures of Rule, which possessed the combined power to stop an evil substance known as "Dark Water" from consuming the alien world of Mer.', taken directly from wikipedia, this is an awesome set up. It's got treasure, evil and alien all wrapped into one. The whole thing could play out like Mass Effect, except on a ship. I'd hate to see the orginal characters come back, due to voicework and already created story lines. Instead, I'd like to see all new friends and enemies to flesh out the experience. Ren (prince) teamed up with Niddler (flying monkey), Tula (ecomancer) and Ioz (rogue pirate) to find hidden treasures across a vast ocean with multiple islands while trying to escape Bloth (evil pirate) and dark water, which was consuming the entire planet.

All in all, this game could contain gun and swordplay, magic, squad based battles, sailing, flying and puzzle solving. As I said, I'd like to see new faces (maybe ancestors) to inhabit the game, but still in the same vein as the characters that I grew to love. I don't know how many other people remember this show, but I know that I would definitely be the first one to preorder it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

i dont even remember this.  Was this a cartoon from that time or something during the time or earlier?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Nasar7

The SNES game kicked all kinds off ass, if you are a fan of old school beat-em-ups you should find it online and play it wih a buddy, you will not regret it. 

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

Oh man. Pirates of Dark Water was the bombest shit. I can't believe how fresh that entire world was. Where are cartoons like that these days?!