I wish the Discs were indestructable :'( need help!!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

So i was loving Street fighter 4 - You may have noticed the use of a past tense Prefix there - because until this morning i wsa loving it to bits- until ironically enough -the 

'indestructable' game - destroyed itself.

I am not aware as to how this happened, but all over a quarter of the disc surface is a series of little pock marks and smudges in a trapezoid shape.

Last night when i last played the game i took it out of the ps3 and put it into its case - nothing was spilled, nothing  was dropped - nothing touched it at all, however this morning upon taking it out of the case and putting it in the ps3 - the disc waas not read - upon taking the disc out of the ps3 and checking it -i found the marsk mentioned above.

So i took it to my local gamestation and said can you use your clean/repair machine, they said blu rays are protected differently and unable to be used in machines but the disc looks fine and should work (Though they politely declined when i asked them to try it out on their store ps3.)

So i went to work and fumed about it all day, when i got home i tried the disc again for good measure  - SUCCESS!!! The disc was read, however once i got to the arcade mode character select, and chose sakura -the ps3 froze up on me, forcing a hard reset, this occured every time i chose a character

Next time i booted the disc up and left the titles running it froze again - leading me to believe its the FMv part of the disc that is fucked (seeing as the training mode works fine)

So now im left with £50 game that doesnt work, play.com are out of stock (the only place that sells the game cheap) and i can not get a refund.

Picking up Killzone 2 . The mega drive collection and surround sound this month is leaving me with little cash as it is- and as awesome as SF4 is - i'd feel mugged having to buy it again.

My girlfriend has offered to buy me it as a gift but i'd feel terrible letting her do so, and i feel she is only offering to do it because i spent ll day sulking and wouldnt talk cos i was in a bad mood.

Opinions? Help? suggestions? or just similar stories?

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hdfisise

As I posted in the irc try another Gamestation but say it came damaged. They might refund/exchange it or they might send you to the original store but it is probably worth trying.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

So the shop you bought it from wouldnt test it to see if it worked properly. Did they say why they wouldnt refund it for a working copy? Is the "it should work but we wont try it" defense meant to be how they get out of selling dodgy copies to people.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

are you sure you can't get a replacement/refund?