Idea for content: MMO Endurance Run/series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bc497650e6
deactivated-5e5bc497650e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know they had the Matrix streams but I'm talking a long-term thing here. Start from level 1 and try to reach the level cap. Seems like a good idea to me. I remember one of the reasons for the Persona 4 ER was to see how long Jeff and Vinny would play before quitting. An MMO would suit that premise down to the ground. I'd find it interesting anyway. Yay or nay?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Reaching the cap might be... reaching. But I do like the idea of this. However, I fear since we're talking MMO's it would be rather boring to watch after an episode or two. MMO's still largely consist of fetch quests and busy work. Very fun and relaxing when you are playing it, but boring to watch.

I think something like this would be better to apply to actual RPG's. With a narrative, fleshed out characters and at least somewhat interesting quests. I'd totally be down for doing this on The Witcher 3 for instance. Something like Wildstar, not so much.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is little content in playing a modern day themepark MMO. Player interaction is all but non-existent. You move from quest hub to quest hub and mix in the random dungeon where no one talks to each other.

A sandbox MMO would have the opposite problem. Anyone streaming will get sniped constantly. This was kind of made apparent when Brad was streaming Demon's Souls.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sadsadsad

Might work if they run it in a 800x600 window and watch a show/movie at the same time.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

They're simply too busy for this or any other kind of endurance run.

That feature was a thing of the past, and they've basically expressed as much to the community.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By GaspoweR

Jeff should probably have done this with his Marvel Heroes campaign.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Might work if they run it in a 800x600 window and watch a show/movie at the same time.

Sadly that is so true.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@giantstalker: New staff and new studios makes the feature viable again. The fact is, it's a damn popular piece of the site, so we'll definitely see one again.

Any time soon? Who knows.