Is anyone playing Defiance?

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've hear this game is pretty cool and I've been thinking about playing it. Do you actually have to watch the T.V. show that coincides with it or can you just play the game? Does anyone like the show? Or just the game alone for that matter?

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've enjoyed the 50 hours I sank into it but now I'm just waiting for DLC to be released. I watched the first three episodes of the TV show and liked it. I'll watch it all once the whole season is out. You don't have to watch the TV show but there are missions every week that are related to it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I played the game for a bunch of time at a preview event and they also made us watch the premiere episode of the show. The show was pretty painful to my tastes, but the game seemed...alright. Not $60 alright, though. Maybe I'll give it a whirl at $20.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The show took about 10 episodes to actually get good...I'm not sure if it's the start of a new thing or if it was a fluke...but no I'm not paying money for that game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The show is alright, often better than the game. The first episode was awful but they have done a good job at characterization and expository stuff without being over bearing. I have found it interesting anyway- I am not completely sure it can sustain itself though.

The game is alright. I don't recommend it for 60$, but its not bad by any means, It's a bit like border lands- except (to me) the shooting feels better mostly. Like borderlands, though, its a lot about loot lust and not a lot of interesting lore (to me) to completely back it up.

The Arkfall events though are really awesome and the best part of the game. Much like Rifts- they are world events and a lot of fun. The rest of the game is your typical MMO only with real time shooting so... there's that. It doesn't have a monthly charge so I go back to it from time to time. It's not bad, and its not amazing. It's alright. I really hope they add more strategy to it, that would liven it up a great deal imo. Right now there is not much to the strategy of any fight really in this. You just shoot until stuff dies.

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't stand the show, and the game quickly proved to be a complete waste of money.

Not only is the game excruciatingly easy, but it also spawns you ten feet away without any penalty at all if you do manage to do something so monumentally stupid that you somehow die. There is little to no progression and the combat gets repetitive very quickly.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The game is quite a lot of fun though aside from art design the tie-ins to the show are relatively paper thin; it's still neat seeing an environment design in the show and then seeing it in the game and vice versa. The show is good for Sci Fi, which if you like Sci Fi means you'll like it a lot.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rorie said:

I played the game for a bunch of time at a preview event and they also made us watch the premiere episode of the show. The show was pretty painful to my tastes, but the game seemed...alright. Not $60 alright, though. Maybe I'll give it a whirl at $20.

Can't believe they made ya watch the TV showhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/brick-lol.gif

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us? I've heard that has a really good storyline. True?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoOzak

I watch the show purely because these kind of goofy alien based sci-fi shows dont seem to exist anymore. And I kind of enjoy the melodrama, subpar special FX and dumb plot. Then again I seem to find enjoyment in a lot of bad games aswell, so maby I just have poor taste.

I would play the game if it were purely F2P (as in I dont have to even buy the game). i'm currently playing DC Universe online on PS3 and enjoying it. That might be because it's been a long time since i've played an MMO, and playing one with a controller makes it different enough that it doesnt feel soul crushing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no.i am not.