Is it better?

manurok1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manurok1901

I have been a guitar hero fan ever since guitar hero 2, however, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in setlist quality, and I am hoping to change to The Beatles: Rock band, however, is guitar hero equipment compatible? If so is the setlist better? (By better I mean is there more rock / classic rock songs?)

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
@manurok1901 said:
" I have been a guitar hero fan ever since guitar hero 2, however, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in setlist quality, and I am hoping to change to The Beatles: Rock band, however, is guitar hero equipment compatible? If so is the setlist better? (By better I mean is there more rock / classic rock songs?) "
I will leave aside my distain for guitar hero and its painful success, and tell you that the setlist is all beatles. 

idk about peripherals.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DystopiaX

no. the beatles rock band is only beatles songs...lol. If you're talking about RB2, then I'd say GH3/world tour had more classic rock, since RB tends to lean towards songs that are equally difficult for everyone, while GH is still pretty guitar focused. it's really up to you in terms of music taste however. I do think that in terms of DLC RB has a better selection/does a better job of adding songs to their catalogue.
to my knowledge they aren't compatible, but RB equipment is with GH stuff.

manurok1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By manurok1901
@DystopiaX: Why are Beatle songs bad?
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
@manurok1901: I didn't say they were bad, you just said that you asked if they had a lot of rock/classic rock, and I thought you meant of the kind frequently found in GH, of which there is not since it's all beatles. 
I happen to be a huge beatles fan.
manurok1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By manurok1901
@DystopiaX: I would count them as classic rock.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX
@manurok1901 said:
" @DystopiaX: I would count them as classic rock. "
again, not of the GH variety, which is what you seemed to be asking. Also, the title Beatles rock band should have clued you in to what the music was, lol. Just saying.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By landon

Guitar Hero 3 equipment and up is compatible with all Rock Band games. But Rock Band equipment is compatible with Guitar Hero: World Tour games and up.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By 234r2we232

I've been playing RB for a year now, and could never imagine going back to GH (well, anything outside of the drum quickplay on GH:Metallica anyways).

And 'classic rock' isn't really a genre :/. If it's rock, it's rock. But, for the sake of this topic, RB/RB2 has plenty of classic rock. Unless you have an urge to play just Beatles song, I recommend starting by buying RB2 and investing in some DLC. They have a in-game music store, which allows you to sort songs by decade/artist/genre, that kind of thing. Lots of good stuff to choose from, you really can't go wrong. The GH guitars will work with RB, but the drums won't. I personally find RB much more approachable than GH, charts for songs feel like they're trying to be fun and satisfying instead of 'over-charting' them so they can be difficult for the sake of difficult - but this is just my opinion. With this said, Beatles Rock Band is a good game, I just think RB2 would hold more long term value. Hope that helps.