Is Konami trying to be horribly dumb... or what!?

• 68 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

People... if you have any reading comprehension. Read this statement on why the 360 version of Silent Hill HD collection is NOT going to get a patch.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118958-No-Patch-for-360-Silent-Hill-HD-Collection

For the statement, read this!

"Understanding the issues some users are experiencing, Konami issued a title update forSilent Hill HD Collection (PS3), which fixed frame rate issues as well as audio-synching and other reported issues. KONAMI apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the Xbox 360 sku. Silent Hill HD Collection is available at retail stores nationwide."

Um... what... They went from saying sorry about how buggy their game is to pleading to people in order to buy it!?

I... don't know how to react to such stupidity. Which they have honestly been starting to do in SPADES since this gen began. How they are still in business compared to companies like Pandemic I will never fucking know. MGS cannot save them now.

Not only have all their new Silent Hill properties FAIL... HORRIBLY on a near constant basis, but they have basically tarnished the name as much as humanly possible!

The next MGS is named REVENGANCE!!! That in itself is horrible. The game looks good IMO but overall the name is a level of dumb that I cannot believe exists.

Their next Silent Hill game is a fucking top down arcade dungeon crawler shooter... I am not joking.

DDR is dead in the ground and most if not all their games have been levels of low that I wouldn't even buy them for free.

It is like... they honestly want to die so they are trying their very best to look as dumb as humanly possible just so people stop believing in them enough that they crash. If I was a investor I would be bailing right now. I am dead serious.

Speaking of Konami. I honestly recommend. At this point. That the fans of Silent Hill should stop hoping for a good silent hill game and should just make one of their own. I don't care if the majority are crap. One out of a thousand would be amazing at least! I would rather trust a fan with the franchise than... any dev to have their hands in the franchise that is this broken now.

Now then...

What do you think of Konami? I honestly have ONE picture that can only scratch the surface in terms of how I think, on how dumb they are.

No Caption Provided

Yeah. that level of how I think of Konami at this point. What do you guys think of this company now? Personally, even though they are morons. At least they aren't fucking jackasses like Capcom. At least Konami TRIES.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

You do realize it's because of severe technical issues exclusive to the 360, right? Hell, it's not like this the first time that's happened; Fatal Frame IV is Japan only because Nintendo saw a buggy game, realized even more bugs would inevitably crop up during localization (because that's what happens when you fuck around with text from another alphabet system entirely), and said "Hell no!".

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

You don't own that game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Wow, you're still here? I legitimately thought you were going to be outright banned after the kerfuffle with your last blog.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dungbootle

The canceling of the 360 patch is unfortunate.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

You do realize it's because of severe technical issues exclusive to the 360, right?

Yet these are the same people that also complain about the PS3 being hard to program for... it is like they are trying to dodge a wall shot at them. No matter how they try to get away from it, we literally have a 100% chance of crushing any plan to avoid us.

No offense to the team that tried to do it, I am putting full blame on Konami itself, not the employees, for how glitched the games are. I blame the publisher on this one completely. I think we can all agree with this.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

You do realize it's because of severe technical issues exclusive to the 360, right?

Yet these are the same people that also complain about the PS3 being hard to program for..

I imagine it's easier to make games for it when the games you're making are based off.....OK, this is getting clunky, so let me explain: as far as I know, the Silent Hill games in question were designed initially for the PS2 and then ported over to the Xbox. This means that Konami likely programmed those games with the PS2 in mind. Why's that relevant? Well, the PS3 is backwards compatible with the PS2, so I'm guessing it runs somewhat similarly to the PS2. Combine this with the fact that they only had pre-release code for these games, and it suddenly looks a lot easier to make the game for the PS3 than the 360, meaning that it would also be easier to fix any problems that arise on that platform. I know it's an incredibly wordy explanation, but there's something to this line of thinking.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dungbootle

I think it's been known for awhile that, in general, the PS3 is indeed hard to program for.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jay444111

@Yummylee said:

Wow, you're still here? I legitimately thought you were going to be outright banned after the kerfuffle with your last blog.

Dude, I admitted a mistake and all that. Let's move on please. Pretend that didn't happen.

@dungbootle said:

The canceling of the 360 patch is unfortunate.

I agree, I mean. You might as well patch both the versions so people can have some sembalance of a game. I wonder how much money they actually did put into making the patches? I mean, if Scott Pilgrim can get a patch even now. I would think a big company like Konami would have some money for one of their older franchises.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

So wait...what happened on his last blog?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Demoskinos said:

Politics.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yet these are the same people that also complain about the PS3 being hard to program for..

I imagine it's easier to make games for it when the games you're making are based off.....OK, this is getting clunky, so let me explain: as far as I know, the Silent Hill games in question were designed initially for the PS2 and then ported over to the Xbox. This means that Konami likely programmed those games with the PS2 in mind. Why's that relevant? Well, the PS3 is backwards compatible with the PS2, so I'm guessing it runs somewhat similarly to the PS2. Combine this with the fact that they only had pre-release code for these games, and it suddenly looks a lot easier to make the game for the PS3 than the 360, meaning that it would also be easier to fix any problems that arise on that platform. I know it's an incredibly wordy explanation, but there's something to this line of thinking.

I can understand that. But here is the thing, the PS3 is so damn hard to program that at this point. People in the future who wish to emulate it HAVE to buy a PS3. It is literally that bad with programming. Comparing the PS2 and PS3 is also something because I remember there actually being a SHITTON of games released for it, for the sane fact that it was easy to make games for. While the PS3 continues to struggle due to their terrible system of programming.

I would honestly think it would have been easier to program a PS2 game into a 360 than a PS3... IMO anyway.

Can we get a technobabble guy in here? I just want to make sure we are talking about the right stuff.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Video_Game_King said:

@Demoskinos said:

Politics.

Pfft, that's a nice way to put it.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Demoskinos said:

Politics.

...things that will never be discussed again... moving on.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

I can understand that. But here is the thing, the PS3 is so damn hard to program that at this point.

You'd think that five years after it was released, most developers would be OK with it, especially a company like Konami.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Jay444111 said:

I... don't know how to react to such stupidity. Which they have honestly been starting to do in SPADES since this gen began. How they are still in business compared to companies like Pandemic I will never fucking know. MGS cannot save them now.

Not only have all their new Silent Hill properties FAIL... HORRIBLY on a near constant basis, but they have basically tarnished the name as much as humanly possible!

The next MGS is named REVENGANCE!!! That in itself is horrible. The game looks good IMO but overall the name is a level of dumb that I cannot believe exists.

DDR is dead in the ground and most if not all their games have been levels of low that I wouldn't even buy them for free.

Well the last Silent Hill game that was good was Shattered Memories and before Downpour that was the last Silent Hill game.

Your MGS argument makes no sense. Revengeance is a crazy name and from looking at what is out for that game it looks fucking crazy. So I think calling it Revengeance actually fits with what that game is. Apparently Revengeance is actually a word too and it means vengeance. Here's some trivia for you too: it's Metal Gear Rising not Metal Gear Solid.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

I can understand that. But here is the thing, the PS3 is so damn hard to program that at this point.

You'd think that five years after it was released, most developers would be OK with it, especially a company like Konami.

I agree. But even now you can find people from many gaming companies not even touch the PS3 due to it's programming stuff... I think that says a lot even 5 years after it's release.

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Demoskinos said:

Politics.

Pfft, that's a nice way to put it.

I apologize and I am sorry! I fully admit I was wrong and I was a dickhole... can we move on Cloudenvy? Please...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

@Video_Game_King said:

@Demoskinos said:

Politics.

Oh...right right... I remember that. Apparently didn't stick around long enough for the fallout but....I can imagine it was uh...colorful.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pw2566ch

For the first time, I actually understand why a company isn't releasing a patch for the game. Maybe they're running into way too many issues for it to be patched or maybe it's the $40k price tag to patch the game on the Xbox 360. Maybe this is why Microsoft will finally be making a new console. You also have to understand that there are limitations to what you can do with the Xbox 360 console. Maybe Konami has hit that limitation.

Also, just because they decided not to release a patch doesn't mean that they're a sorry excuse for a company. At this point, you're just coming up with excuses to hate on the company. "The next MGS is named REVENGANCE!!! That in itself is horrible. The game looks good IMO but overall the name is a level of dumb that I cannot believe exists." So all of a sudden, the game is horrible because of the sub-name for the game. You understand that they've always had sub-names like this for their games, right? MGS 2: Substance and MGS 3: Subsistence. Do those ring a bell?

Damn. It's like when people were arguing Final Fantasy XIII's linear gameplay when Final Fantasy X had the same thing. Make some sense, people.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

I agree. But even now you can find people from many gaming companies not even touch the PS3 due to it's programming stuff... I think that says a lot even 5 years after it's release.

Do you have any evidence of this? Besides, as hard as it might be to program for the PS3, I imagine it's much harder to switch to something as foreign as the Xbox 360. It'd be like trying to translate a Dreamcast game to the PS2; yes, the PS2 is easy to program for, but I can't imagine it being easy to make that transition when the systems are as different as they are.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scarace360

Hold on how is DDR dead?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

Do you have any evidence of this? Besides, as hard as it might be to program for the PS3, I imagine it's much harder to switch to something as foreign as the Xbox 360. It'd be like trying to translate a Dreamcast game to the PS2; yes, the PS2 is easy to program for, but I can't imagine it being easy to make that transition when the systems are as different as they are.

A lot of Konami games are lead on PS3 no? Like Lords of Shadow or something. I don't know.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

@SethPhotopoulos:

Although that supports my case, in this situation, I imagine it would be irrelevant, since these games were (mostly) pre-made in the first place.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Video_Game_King said:

@SethPhotopoulos:

Although that supports my case, in this situation, I imagine it would be irrelevant, since these games were (mostly) pre-made in the first place.

I know little of game development.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@SethPhotopoulos:

As do I; I'm just using provided information and shady logic to arrive at these conclusions.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By villainy

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

The PS3 had backwards compatibility back when it first came out because it basically had the PS2 CPU and GPU inside the box along with the PS3 hardware. That is no longer the case and PS2 backwards compatibility is long gone.

My understanding is that the PS3's Cell architecture had a significantly sharper learning curve than the 360's design which is part of the reason it had a slower start. The 360 was still fairly unique but much closer to writing for existing PC architectures. It's not unlike the PS2 where devs moaned and groaned about difficulty programming for the platform at first but in the end were able to squeeze out really impressive performance and extended the life of the platform by quite a bit.

Edit: Oh right there was a topic here wasn't there. It's bad enough for a company the size of Konami (ie. not small) to drop the ball on a release like this, but to come out in the same statement and suggest people should continue to buy their broken software is downright sleazy. Shame on them and I'm not surprised I can't remember the last time I bought a Konami product.

Amaru25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Amaru25

Not really surprising. Konami's been awful for quite some time now.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Bocam

Now you got me curious about his last blog.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@Bocam said:

Me, too.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By OllyOxenFree

HEY, JAY, WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT LAST  BLOG

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Bocam

He talked about stuff he had no business talking about. That's all.

On topic, this may get locked because Tricky Scoopz already made a story about it but I'll make my opinion known. This just sounds like laziness on Konamis part. They aren't even going to use their free update provided by Microsoft. Glad I held off on buying it.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

@villainy:

Aw shit, really? Is Konami running the games on a PS2 emulator for the PS3 (I imagine Sony would have to have one available, given that PS2 games are still playable on the system through PSN, and it's not hard to imagine them licensing it out to third party developers in these situations)? Although that might make things even more confusing for the Xbox 360, from both a programming and possibly legal perspective.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bocam

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Bocam

That doesn't make any sense.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Justin258

@ahgunsillyo said:

@Bocam said:

Me, too.

@OllyOxenFree said:

HEY, JAY, WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT LAST BLOG

Racism and drug addiction as discussed by Jay444111. The bottom fell out in spectacular fashion; unfortunately, it was all deleted instead of locked as the mods are wont to do these days. Kind of wish they hadn't.

However, I do believe it's time to move on.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EXTomar

As we all know, a poster on a message board who thinks porting and maintenance on legacy software is as easy typing up angry posts on said message boards is absolutely correct. That said, Konami was probably against a hard deadline where they had to release it on the 360 with all of the problems or never release it at all.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@EXTomar said:

As we all know, a poster on a message board who thinks porting and maintenance on legacy software is as easy is absolutely correct. That said, Konami was probably against a hard deadline where they had to release it on the 360 with all of the problems or never release it at all.

I would guess so too. Limited budget probably prevented necessary delays and look what happened.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Geralt

No comment on programming difficulty on both platforms or Silent Hill franchise in general.

But Konami has Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven) franchise and for those of you in the States, football (not soccer) is a huge deal.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King

@EXTomar:

OK, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Frickin' Poe's Law.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Bocam

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Bocam

That doesn't make any sense.

It's pretty easy to grasp. He said things he shouldn't have about sensitive subjects (such as racism and addiction) and it offended people, causing the blog to implode in on itself in a fit of rage.
villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By villainy

@Video_Game_King: I've wondered about the PSN releases myself. I know they pulled the PS2 CPU first (when the PS3 lost it's Emotion... sorry) leaving the GPU behind. At that point they still retained some BC so they had to be doing some sort of software emulation. I assume they've refined it to a point that all those PSN releases are playable, they haven't really put out anything from the PS2's later life have they?

If the SH collection is indeed being emulated on the PS3 with some touchups then the excuse of difficulty in porting to 360 makes sense. I doubt that though and think it was a straight up port job for both platforms. I have nothing to base this on but when it comes to porting I don't think it's significantly easier porting PS2 games either way.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sooty

@darpa said:

But Konami has Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven) franchise and for those of you in the States, football (not soccer) is a huge deal.

That doesn't mean anything anymore because Konami done goofed and lost the football crown to FIFA.

I think PES 2006 (or maybe 2007) was the last one anyone cared about.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By bybeach

Konami's real sin is releasing on the 360 at all. It should have known either the 360's limits and/or Kanamii's own. But they feel defeated to the point they take it to a level that just seems piss poor.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Geralt

@Sooty said:

@darpa said:

That doesn't mean anything anymore because Konami done goofed and lost the football crown to FIFA.

I think PES 2006 (or maybe 2007) was the last one anyone cared about.

: 0 I was shocked! I guess we're the only country left in the world that rather play PES. Wow, how the world has changed.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iam3green

well that sucks. i just think that if your going to patch a multiplatform you should patch them all.

kind of think that it's a change from microsoft getting everything first.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Jay444111 said:

How they are still in business compared to companies like Pandemic I will never fucking know.

I hope you're being facetious. If not...wow.

Also, people hoping for a good Silent Hill are the most pathetic people on the planet. That ship has sailed. Get the fuck over it. Konami doesn't have a team anymore to do it. They care so little for it that they farm out future installments to shitty Western developers. Then, what should be the ultimate show of respect for a a series, the Criterion Collection if you will, they release this shoddy money grab to prey on their dumb fans' nostalgia boners.

I can sense someone chiming in to say Downpour "wasn't that bad" in 3......2.......1.......

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to chime in and say that Konami is probably going to be fine what with their little side business in trading cards...

inb4snarkyresponse

inb4logicalresponse

inb4noresponse

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By nightriff

maybe ps3 version sold a lot more than the 360, therefore it doesn't make sense to release a patch for it when not enough people are effected, ie Fez.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Jay444111: Man fuck you, Revengence is an EXCELLENT TITLE, thank you very much.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@MordeaniisChaos

@Jay444111: Man fuck you, Revengence is an EXCELLENT TITLE, thank you very much.

It's not like Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action has been lacking in weird titles in its history. One more awesome one can't hurt.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@pw2566ch said:

For the first time, I actually understand why a company isn't releasing a patch for the game. Maybe they're running into way too many issues for it to be patched or maybe it's the $40k price tag to patch the game on the Xbox 360. Maybe this is why Microsoft will finally be making a new console. You also have to understand that there are limitations to what you can do with the Xbox 360 console. Maybe Konami has hit that limitation.

I can see smaller developers making that excuse, but Konami? I call bullshit on that. If the X360 is supposedly such a developer's graveyard, then why bother releasing anything for it in the first place? Microsoft is just a convenient punching bag for people, "it's the console manufacturer's fault!"

Funny, I don't hear other developer's whining about this. You know, developers could try extensive testing before going live with their games, just sayin'.

Oh, and I see Atlus was able to patch Persona 4 Arena a day after launch. I guess some developers are just better than others.