Is Konami trying to be horribly dumb... or what!?

• 68 results
Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mixwizzard

I'll be honest, a Silent Hill themed top-down shooter sounds cool.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By tallTuck94

At this point the only worthwhile part of Konami is Kojima right? I wish he would leave MGS alone and create a new Snatcher! I love mgs but he needs to let it die.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By living4theday258

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

You do realize it's because of severe technical issues exclusive to the 360, right?

Yet these are the same people that also complain about the PS3 being hard to program for... it is like they are trying to dodge a wall shot at them. No matter how they try to get away from it, we literally have a 100% chance of crushing any plan to avoid us.

No offense to the team that tried to do it, I am putting full blame on Konami itself, not the employees, for how glitched the games are. I blame the publisher on this one completely. I think we can all agree with this.

Soooo your hating on Konami because they wont patch the 360 version? If it bothers you THAT much then don't play the game.

Also if a team tried to do it then why are you bitching? They tried and couldn't for technical reasons. (most likely)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Video_Game_King

@QuistisTrepe said:

Oh, and I see Atlus was able to patch Persona 4 Arena a day after launch. I guess some developers are just better than others.

Or maybe the problems weren't as severe. Or maybe they had access to more recent code of the game, making it easier to fix those problems.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Dagbiker

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

You do realize it's because of severe technical issues exclusive to the 360, right?

Yet these are the same people that also complain about the PS3 being hard to program for..

I imagine it's easier to make games for it when the games you're making are based off.....OK, this is getting clunky, so let me explain: as far as I know, the Silent Hill games in question were designed initially for the PS2 and then ported over to the Xbox. This means that Konami likely programmed those games with the PS2 in mind. Why's that relevant? Well, the PS3 is backwards compatible with the PS2, so I'm guessing it runs somewhat similarly to the PS2. Combine this with the fact that they only had pre-release code for these games, and it suddenly looks a lot easier to make the game for the PS3 than the 360, meaning that it would also be easier to fix any problems that arise on that platform. I know it's an incredibly wordy explanation, but there's something to this line of thinking.

I can understand that. But here is the thing, the PS3 is so damn hard to program that at this point. People in the future who wish to emulate it HAVE to buy a PS3...

I would honestly think it would have been easier to program a PS2 game into a 360 than a PS3... IMO anyway.

What you just suggested is not emulation.

Also just because one system is easier then the other current systems to program for, and another system is easier then the other current systems to program for dose not mean that it will be easy to port between the two.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@Video_Game_King said:

@QuistisTrepe said:

Oh, and I see Atlus was able to patch Persona 4 Arena a day after launch. I guess some developers are just better than others.

Or maybe the problems weren't as severe. Or maybe they had access to more recent code of the game, making it easier to fix those problems.

Again, sounds like a problem on Konami's end. If SH HD was a glitchy shitpile to start with, maybe they shouldn't have released it as is. I'm quite sure they had time to fire it up on a X360 game console to experience it for themselves.

A large developer like Konami shouldn't be given excuses. I'm actually pretty surprised by your comment.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#57  Edited By Video_Game_King

@QuistisTrepe said:

A large developer like Konami shouldn't be given excuses. I'm actually pretty surprised by your comment.

Situations can differ, can they not? In this case, they inevitably have to.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Video_Game_King said:

@QuistisTrepe said:

Or maybe that actually gave a shit about their game. Or maybe they think maintaining a viable scene is of the utmost importance.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By fattony12000

Konami doesn't even have to try any more, they can just be walking down the street whilst crapping out terrible shit, they barely even notice

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pw2566ch

@QuistisTrepe said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@QuistisTrepe said:

Again, sounds like a problem on Konami's end. If SH HD was a glitchy shitpile to start with, maybe they shouldn't have released it as is. I'm quite sure they had time to fire it up on a X360 game console to experience it for themselves.

You have to understand that those dev consoles that every developer has isn't exactly like our consoles. So there could be a chance that the developers never ran into the same issues we had. I'm not saying Konami is allowed to get away with releasing with a glitchy game. They should have tested the game on a real console and not on a dev console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jay I think you just need to calm down in general. Stop making long winded weirdly emotional rants every single day. You don't need to fucking lose your shit and flip out on every single thing that happens in this medium.

Yeah Konami has been fucked for the last six or seven years. But this level of irrational outrage is ... Like, is it forced? Are you trying to do like the Dennis Leary rant guy thing, because that shit wears out fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, for the record I think the SH Collection was made on a shoestring budget. And the sales have been shit on Silent Hill for a long time so maybe I don't blame them. Despite a lot of people seemingly caring a lot for Silent Hill, it never returns investment.

Judging by the achievement data on Giant Bomb, there are more users who are outraged that they aren't patching the game than there are people who actually fucking bought it.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By FilipHolm

You're actually complaining over the name "Revengence"? That name is all kinds of awesome, and it's hilarious.

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Generiko

They haven't released a cool Yu Gi Oh Motorcycle adventure game, hell yeah I'm pissed.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jerseyscum

It's almost entertaining to see a major publisher's shit basically becoming unglued before our very eyes. I thought that Bioware and EA were embarrassing themselves this year....but goddamn!

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bio595

There are some very good reasons for them no to do a patch for the 360. It still sucks for us though of course.

The PS2, PS3, and the 360 all have different processor types, it's well known that Sony invented the Cell Processor just for the PS3.

The original PS3 actually had a PS2 processor (and probably other related hardware) alongside to handle compatibility. The 360 (as well as the Wii and the Wii U) uses a PowerPC processor, while the PS2 (and the PSP) used a MIPS based processor.

Next generation, I wouldn't be surprised if both Microsoft and Sony both have gone for x86_64. That would make porting much easier, and the console's services will be the main features.

Making a team transfer from programming on one processor architecture to another can be expensive , and with the patch costs that Microsoft supposedly has, its not surprising they wont be patching the 360 version. It is surprising that they ported to the 360 at all, though that was probably based on the fact that enough people would buy it regardless of the quality.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mrpandaman

@Brodehouse said:

Are you trying to do like the Dennis Leary rant guy thing, because that shit wears out fast.

Oh my god, that's what it is. He's doing a Dennis Leary.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AuthenticM

@mrpandaman said:

@Brodehouse said:

Are you trying to do like the Dennis Leary rant guy thing, because that shit wears out fast.

Oh my god, that's what it is. He's doing a Dennis Leary.

Explain. For non-americans.