• 63 results
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Don't get me wrong, I think LBP looks neat.  However, that being said, it is mainly just a level editor with basic platforming.  Yea, it can be fun still (as evidenced by braid) but in reality, that's all it is, a user generated game, for the most part.

I think it'll be good, but I don't think it'll blow anyone away.  Mainly, it's because of, well just try to imagine which looks like it'll be better (imagine actually playing it here)

caption
caption

Little Big Planet almost reminds me of the appeal of mods.  Yea, it sounds great, but when you play it, you realize that it's just a mod.

* My main point: How fun could Little Big Planet really be in reality? 
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I think it isnt hyped enough.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't have a PS3 but the game loooks very intriguing to me. I don't think it's overhyped but we don't really know if the game will justify the hype until it comes out.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I don't think so, not at all.

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chazer127

I think over hype kills games, You get all worked up then it apears to be rubish and you think "why did I spend that *insert cost of item here* on this?"

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cube

Dude, if anything, it isn't hyped enough. We need people to support these games.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

for some reason Im having trouble editing:
what I really mean is that this is the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_05RAvUbTiI&feature=related
is that really awesome?  Yea, it has a great level creator, but so what?  You're creating these levels.  Is it that fun to play?

Looks solid.  But Im not saying AAA, looks very AAish.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

for some reason Im having trouble editing:
what I really mean is that this is the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_05RAvUbTiI&feature=related
is that really awesome?  Yea, it has a great level creator, but so what?  You're creating these levels.  Is it that fun to play?

Looks solid.  But Im not saying AAA, looks very AAish.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By xxNBxx

SO OVER HYPED!  I don't know about you but i buy games to play them not to make the content for them.  For those saying its not hyped enough, how much hype you need?  Almost every game related site/program  go on and on about this game.   Sony even used the game to go over their marketing at E3.  Would a giant billboard in space be enough hype for you?  Hmmm hell i might start to beleave the hype if they did that...  lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don;t think it's even hyped enough, really. You have no idea until you actually get the game into your hands, even if its for a few minutes, seriously you will fall in love.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cube
xxNBxx said:
"SO OVER HYPED!  I don't know about you but i buy games to play them not to make the content for them.  For those saying its not hyped enough, how much hype you need?  Almost every game related site/program  go on and on about this game.   Sony even used the game to go over their marketing at E3.  Would a giant billboard in space be enough hype for you?  Hmmm hell i might start to beleave the hype if they did that...  lol"
Yeah? Almost every publication was nuts over Zack & Wiki but it sold like shit. That's what I mean, we need to get the word out to casuals.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

i can't see what special about it. it's user created content... big deal

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"I don;t think it's even hyped enough, really. You have no idea until you actually get the game into your hands, even if its for a few minutes, seriously you will fall in love."

You don't have any idea until you get the game in your hands yet you know you will fall in love with it?  sure...

I just feel as though LBP is riding on the success of possibility, not game mechanics.   Itll be solid, but I doubt it'll be the endless awesome end all game.  It just seems like a buy, but not a game that everyone should have.
Almost like how I feel about gears (although for different reasons).  Great game, but it's not a must have-granted people will disagreee with me completely on gears- i personally didnt like it all that much in comparison to most.  My favorite genres are jrpgs, then platformers, then wrpgs, and then the rest are fine but it doesn't get a + automatically.   Sort of dislike racers, sports and fighters.  they get a - automatically, typically.  Subconciously usually.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xxNBxx

Zack & Wiki didn't get nearly the same amount of hype as this game.   Did nintendo even talk about that game?  Sony has been talking about LBP like it was the second coming.

O, I have a good idea what this game is about.  The only thing I don't know is if it has a story mode.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive

Its not being hyped. there isn't any hype, there is a LOT of buzz though. Theres a difference, because they're not hyping it and shoving it down our throats like haze or something. its the people and the critics going wild over it. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"I don;t think it's even hyped enough, really. You have no idea until you actually get the game into your hands, even if its for a few minutes, seriously you will fall in love."

You don't have any idea until you get the game in your hands yet you know you will fall in love with it?  sure...

I just feel as though LBP is riding on the success of possibility, not game mechanics.   Itll be solid, but I doubt it'll be the endless awesome end all game.  It just seems like a buy, but not a game that everyone should have.
Almost like how I feel about gears (although for different reasons).  Great game, but it's not a must have-granted people will disagreee with me completely on gears- i personally didnt like it all that much in comparison to most.  My favorite genres are jrpgs, then platformers, then wrpgs, and then the rest are fine but it doesn't get a + automatically.   Sort of dislike racers, sports and fighters.  they get a - automatically, typically.  Subconciously usually."
You have no idea bro, you think it will be good and then old after a month? Lol... Just look at games such as N+ on the PC, user generated content was amazing for that. Or stuff for the program called Phun, that went booming as well. This has amazing potential and I really understand how you might think 'oh ok, looks cool, next', but really you have no idea how deep this could get with the level making, its pretty amazing, really limitless.

Just play the game before you judge it so harshly. Everyone in the media has and they have nothing but good things to say. That alone tells you its something.
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Major
Sentry said:
You act like you've played it before.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:

Almost like how I feel about gears (although for different reasons).  Great game, but it's not a must have-granted people will disagreee with me completely on gears- i personally didnt like it all that much in comparison to most.  My favorite genres are jrpgs, then platformers, then wrpgs, and then the rest are fine but it doesn't get a + automatically.   Sort of dislike racers, sports and fighters.  they get a - automatically, typically.  Subconciously usually."
You have no idea bro, you think it will be good and then old after a month? Lol... Just look at games such as N+ on the PC, user generated content was amazing for that. Or stuff for the program called Phun, that went booming as well. This has amazing potential and I really understand how you might think 'oh ok, looks cool, next', but really you have no idea how deep this could get with the level making, its pretty amazing, really limitless.

Just play the game before you judge it so harshly. Everyone in the media has and they have nothing but good things to say. That alone tells you its something."
just play the game before you woship it so readily?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:

Just play the game before you judge it so harshly. Everyone in the media has and they have nothing but good things to say. That alone tells you its something."
err.. I'll skip the N+ example (i thought it was meh really) and media buzz isn't always great- remember killzone 1?  Yea...

anyway, I don't mean to bash LBP, it's just I don't think it'll be awesome.  I don't know how else to say it, but to me games either "click" at a point or they dont.  They can still be great games and never "click"- as were Dead Rising, Gears, etc. to me, but only certain games tend to click.  For me, this gen, only Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Blue Dragon, and suprisingly (despite not being such a fan of the first) ninja gaiden 2 (never followed it- bought it on impulse for $45). 

I hope Im wrong, but I doubt it'll "click".   

I want it to be good, but I dont see how, at it's core, a game based soley on user generated content will be awesome.  Yea, it'd be awesome if it were a PSN game, but it's a full retail release competing with Banjo 3, Fable 2,  Infinite Undiscovery, and Fallout 3 come this holiday.

For the record:  Expected "clicks": Banjo 3, Final Fantasy 13, Star Ocean 4, Fable 2.  (yea, not gears 2, not fallout 3, etc- fallout 3 is a day 1 purchase though, gears 2 maybe--- if you think abstractly you may understand)
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xxNBxx

Have another sip of the Sony coolaid Sentry. lol   "really limitless"  There are limits to every editor.  I am not saying there won't be good stuff made for this game, I am just saying when this game gets close to coming out it will make the hype for haze look small time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Major said:
"Sentry said:
You act like you've played it before."
I have, few months ago actually.

SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:

err.. I'll skip the N+ example (i thought it was meh really) and media buzz isn't always great- remember killzone 1?  Yea...

anyway, I don't mean to bash LBP, it's just I don't think it'll be awesome.  I don't know how else to say it, but to me games either "click" at a point or they dont.  They can still be great games and never "click"- as were Dead Rising, Gears, etc. to me, but only certain games tend to click.  For me, this gen, only Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Blue Dragon, and suprisingly (despite not being such a fan of the first) ninja gaiden 2 (never followed it- bought it on impulse for $45). 

"

Lol, alright that's fine, I could care less if you don't think it will "click", but trust me, it will be huge, just play it deeply before judging like you have. Seriously there is a lot you probably don't know/pass judgment on.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"Major said:
"Sentry said:
You act like you've played it before."
I have, few months ago actually.

SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:

"

Lol, alright that's fine, I could care less if you don't think it will "click", but trust me, it will be huge, just play it deeply before judging like you have. Seriously there is a lot you probably don't know/pass judgment on."
right back at you man. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive

HYPE =\= BUZZ

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Aarny91

Ofcourse not :P

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xxNBxx

LOL  its funny to see all the Sony Fanboys flip out about what that guy said.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cube
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

those saying AAAA just based on good previews yes that is overhyped AAA for right now is ok but if this game fails with the good previews its getting I would be suprised it is just a matter of how long users can make content like Halo 3 forge mode sounded awesome before we had it but it lasted a good 2 months of forge fun.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/epic-fail-games-that-will-probably-suck/?page=2

gamedaily seems to think so."
Too bad A) GameDaily sucks, there was even a thread here on Giant Bomb about how everyone hates them, and B) Everyone else thinks the exact opposite so thats pretty pointless."

gamedaily is fine, they just tend to make strong statements in their things like this.   They have editorials that actually give the opinion of a person, not the more socially correct way.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

So far in response to the game daily link here are the common feeling.

Im a sonyfanboy and therefor if they think its gonna be bad then they are bad and they suck.
Opinions that do not mesh with my own suck.
People that have opinions that are opiset of mine should not be allowed opinions.

Thats some really sad feelings there.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xxNBxx

Hmm I don't know if i would say the 360 is best console ever but i can see ppl making a argument for it to be.  I mean it has good games, it has a great market place,  It is very ez to play online.  I think the main thing that holds it back is the hardwear itself.  If it didn't breakdown as much as a PS2 i think that would give it a stronger case.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cube
WilliamRLBaker said:
"So far in response to the game daily link here are the common feeling.

Im a sonyfanboy and therefor if they think its gonna be bad then they are bad and they suck.
Opinions that do not mesh with my own suck.
People that have opinions that are opiset of mine should not be allowed opinions."
I'm actually not like that at all...

I just feel they lost credibility after the whole 360 thing.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Cube said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/epic-fail-games-that-will-probably-suck/?page=2

You know you're slipping into convenient delusion when you cite GameDaily as a source. Those are the same people who put Xbox 360 as the best console of all time."
Actually, to be honest, the xbox 360 is one of my favorite consoles.  Granted, I never owned a dreamcast or actually any sega system, but when people call the dreamcast the best console of all time, I just dont see why.  It had a couple of great games, but died in like 2 years.  The 360 is definatewly on pace to outdue the ps1. 
For me:(out of what ive owned): Xbox 360>  Ps1 > SNES > Ps2 > N64 >PS3>  Xbox > NES > Wii
The ps3, 360, and wii positions are assuming from what is out and whats we see, will stay on the same pace.
Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dan

Have you ever played a game called Garry's Mod?

Case in point.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cube
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Cube said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

You know you're slipping into convenient delusion when you cite GameDaily as a source. Those are the same people who put Xbox 360 as the best console of all time."
Actually, to be honest, the xbox 360 is one of my favorite consoles.  Granted, I never owned a dreamcast or actually any sega system, but when people call the dreamcast the best console of all time, I just dont see why.  It had a couple of great games, but died in like 2 years.  The 360 is definatewly on pace to outdue the ps1. 
For me:(out of what ive owned): Xbox 360>  Ps1 > SNES > Ps2 > N64 >PS3>  Xbox > NES > Wii"
This should be in the "You Laugh, You lose" thread. I just lol'd so hard.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Patchinko

Most people don't even know anything about it and haven't heard of it. The only group that seems to be hyping it is the online game fanatics (like us).

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Psytek

Who knows? none of us schmucks have played it...

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xxNBxx
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cube
xxNBxx said:
"

Wait ppl thing the dreamcast was the best system every?  When did this happen? LOL  i think to have a best system you have to last more then 3 years.   I look at it this way,  Best system has to fulfill 3 things

1) System Game quality
2) System longevity (aka how long the system is out on the market)
3) System stability  (aka it don't break down)

I say these 3 cause systems of old didn't have online stuf... heck some systems now still don't have real online stuff.  =P

"
PS2 is still supported after 8 years and sure it broke down a lot but it still has the most games and was a beast. 140 million units? Holy shit man.

360's been out for not even 3 years, breaks down, and isn't exactly the best ever. Factually it's delusional.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By dj

With the amount of hype it has going in it seems like it will be really hard for LBP to live up now.

Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Carlos

People say Dreamcast was best console at the time vs the ps1 and n64 graphic-wise plus you could play burned games without modding the console :P
On another note, I think LBP is a bit overhyped, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the quality of the content created by users its enough to keep the game fresh or if it will only be good for a few days.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Carlos said:
"People say Dreamcast was best console at the time vs the ps1 and n64 graphic-wise plus you could play burned games without modding the console :P
On another note, I think LBP is a bit overhyped, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the quality of the content created by users its enough to keep the game fresh or if it will only be good for a few days."

the dreamcast actually would more so be against the xbox/ps2.  Yea, I didn't know that at first either. 
Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Carlos
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Carlos said:
"People say Dreamcast was best console at the time vs the ps1 and n64 graphic-wise plus you could play burned games without modding the console :P
On another note, I think LBP is a bit overhyped, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the quality of the content created by users its enough to keep the game fresh or if it will only be good for a few days."

the dreamcast actually would more so be against the xbox/ps2.  Yea, I didn't know that at first either. "
Yeah xbox/ps2, my mistake. :P
CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CyborgNinja

LBP is basically gonna pull a RPG maker, ether you extremely love it or your gonna extremely hate it and prolly never mention it again.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xxNBxx

amount sold shouldn't be a factor in how good a system is due to the fact that gaming has incresed in popularity after NES.   For me SNES was the best system, it had games, it never had a problem (if you took care of it), it lasted for just about 6 years.  PS1 and 2 may have lasted on the market longer but they just broke down to much for them to overtake SNES in my mind.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cube
xxNBxx said:
"

amount sold shouldn't be a factor in how good a system is due to the fact that gaming has incresed in popularity after NES.   For me SNES was the best system, it had games, it never had a problem (if you took care of it), it lasted for just about 6 years.  PS1 and 2 may have lasted on the market longer but they just broke down to much for them to overtake SNES in my mind.

"
I'm not comparing the PS2 to those consoles, just the 360.
Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jordan23

I'm glad that a game like Little Big Planet is over hype, they're too many big name games always taking most of the glory. Maybe if LBP is hype up enough, it'll capture a lot of gamers interest into buying it.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ieatlions

its like 4 people who baught halo and hated forge or 4 those who hate garys mod either you hate it or u love it.
personaly i just want a decent platform where i can put llitle stickers on it :)