14thzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 14thzone

Hey,

Been thinking of treating myself and getting a new pc and wanted to know if the one I have found is any good for gaming , which is what I really want my pc for.

Here are the specs of the pc.

CPU - AMD FX-4100 Black Edition 3.6GHz

Memory - 4GB Ram DDR3

Storage- 500GB Hard drive

Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 7750

Power supply - 700W

Yeah so if you could just let me know if this is a good choice and tell me the Pro's and Con's it would be really helpful , Thanks.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Will that play pretty much every modern day game? Yes. Will that play pretty much every modern day game on the highest settings, at 60 frames per second, and at 1080p? No. In fact, in order to achieve a consistent 60 frames, you'll probably play most modern games at medium settings and at 720p, and some of the heavier ones like BF3 and Metro 2033 will probably need to be bumped down even further. I also don't think it would play next year's heaviest (in terms of requirements) games at console quality settings. EDIT: Maybe I'm being a little overcautious on that estimate, but don't expect it to play games for a whole lot longer than a year or two. /EDIT.

That rig is very much entry level and if you're just wanting to get your feet wet with PC's, then I guess it would be all right. But I would at least get an Intel processor, a better power supply, and a better graphics card. You should also give us more details on the parts you've picked out, and what motherboard are you getting?

14thzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 14thzone
Computer CaseBlack ATX Tower Case
CPUAMD FX 4100 (4 x 3.6 GHZ) (Free Shogun 2 Game)
CPU HeatsinkAMD Heatsink & Fan
Memory4GB PC3-10666 1333MHz (1x4GB) DDR3
Graphics CardATI Radeon HD 7750 - 1 GB - (PCI-E)
MotherboardGigabyte 970A-DS3 (AMD 970)
Sound CardMotherboard Integrated HD Sound
NetworkingMotherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply700W PSU
CPU CompoundStandard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink
Hard Drive #1500 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB (FREE UPGRADE TO 750GB BEFORE 11:59 PM ON 30-09-12)
Optical Drive #1Samsung 22x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black - (SATA)
Operating System #1Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)
Backup SoftwareFREE - Windows 7 Backup
GamesFREE - September Game Bundle #1 (Included/Not Installed) (FREE FOR ORDERS PLACED BEFORE 30/09/12)
DVD/CD Burning SoftwareFREE - Nero V10 Essentials Suite 2
DVD Playback SoftwareFREE - CyberLink PowerDVD 9
Free GiftFREE - WebCam - Headphones & Microphone
Monitor Cables & AdaptersFREE - DVI Port to VGA Monitor Port Adapter

This is everything i picked out for it , and i know it wont be the best but im sort of using it as a stepping stone to get me started then adding parts to it and upgrading as I go along and get more money , i know my way around computers quite well so I know what im doing with the components and such.