• 86 results
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Quacktastic

A WRPG would be cool I think.  Switch it up but keep it a long game with a story viewers can follow and dialogue options to choose.  Dragon Age comes out pretty soon and it's already easy to make jokes about.  Also, it's supposed to be like 100 hours?  It should even give them enough time for a break for a month after P4. 

Oh, and since it will be new there might not be a ton of people complaining about choices they make or spoiling things for everyone.

Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Partisan189
@Quacktastic said:
"  A WRPG would be cool I think.  Switch it up but keep it a long game with a story viewers can follow and dialogue options to choose.  Dragon Age comes out pretty soon and it's already easy to make jokes about.  Also, it's supposed to be like 100 hours?  It should even give them enough time for a break for a month after P4.  Oh, and since it will be new there might not be a ton of people complaining about choices they make or spoiling things for everyone. "
They are not going to play such a recent game for an ER, playing Dragon Age would spoil the story of a lot of people probably causing lower viewing numbers.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By crusader8463
@Partisan189: Not to mention a lawsuit.
Mikl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Mikl

The game has to be 
1. VERY long or else it wouldn't be much a an ENDURANCE run 
2.Good or else the viewers will lose intrest 
3. Something that both of them can be involved in wether fighting by comittee or playing co-op
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ryanwho
@pandamonium22 said:

" @ryanwho said:

" I would want something that would actually entertain them or wig them out. Like Professor Layton. Or Ace Attorney. I think they might get a kick out of the ridiculous revisionist history of Shadow Hearts 2. "
I can imagine all the people raging in the comments if they played either game. It'll be like the early days of P4 or the dungeon/boss battle episodes. "
How many games have as much none-interactive storytelling elements as Persona, though? Sure hearing their reactions to that stuff is the best part, but most games are nothing like the Persona series. Which is why I thought Ace Attorney could work. And yes its short, but string together the whole series and its a good 40 hours or so.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Brendan

ER was made around P4, not the other way around, so I can't see them just jumping into another game as soon as it ends.
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Quacktastic
@Partisan189 said:

" @Quacktastic said:

"  A WRPG would be cool I think.  Switch it up but keep it a long game with a story viewers can follow and dialogue options to choose.  Dragon Age comes out pretty soon and it's already easy to make jokes about.  Also, it's supposed to be like 100 hours?  It should even give them enough time for a break for a month after P4.  Oh, and since it will be new there might not be a ton of people complaining about choices they make or spoiling things for everyone. "
They are not going to play such a recent game for an ER, playing Dragon Age would spoil the story of a lot of people probably causing lower viewing numbers. "
I think I agree with you about it being too new, but they started P4 like 3 or 4 months after it came out? It's not even a year old.  DA was just a suggestion though, I'd still like to a see a WRPG.

Just checked: 2 months after it came out.
Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#58  Edited By Valkyr

Tales of Vesperia Ps3, full voice acting = Vinny goes bananas, that man is simply a genius

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By misterpope
@Babble said:
"Eve Online. "

HELL YES. MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!
CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CharlieTuna
@ververdan0226 said:
" MY PROPOSED RULE: You can only Endurance Run an MMO if it's shutting down (like Matrix Online). Otherwise, there's no end date and the daily monotonies of an MMO would become tedious and redundant for the viewer. "
This. A million times this. I can't think of anything more boring than this, even The Matrix Online stuff the guys did bored me pretty quickly. The funniest thing there was them making the dude and the end stuff where they held hands, everything in the middle kinda sucked (the dudes going after TonkaTruck was kinda funny though).

Persona was kinda the perfect game, it has the right amount of combat and the right amount of story so that it never really runs out of steam (plus it's long, it has to be for it to be "endurance"). Something like The Witcher would be awesome and just right I'd say. RPGs kinda work for this kind of thing. I'm not against old games either, they're is probably a ton of great PS2 stuff that could be given some attention.
forestofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By forestofdeath

OBLIVION! :D

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Ghostiet

That would require a lot of endurance, too. But there is a risk of commiting suicide when playing it, so I guess no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They should do The Witcher.

No Caption Provided
Lots of moments to laugh at and enjoy.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ghostiet
@Tru3_Blu3: Though I'm 100% for that, I'm kind anxious about it because of the quality of the English version. It's not even half as inspiring and funny as the Polish one. Still, I think it's the closest to what an Endurance Run would be as ever.
EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#65  Edited By EpicBenjamin
@Mikl said:
"The game has to be 1. VERY long or else it wouldn't be much a an ENDURANCE run 2.Good or else the viewers will lose intrest 3. Something that both of them can be involved in wether fighting by comittee or playing co-op "

Then Tales of Vesperia would be a great choice.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostiet said:
" @Tru3_Blu3: Though I'm 100% for that, I'm kind anxious about it because of the quality of the English version. It's not even half as inspiring and funny as the Polish one. Still, I think it's the closest to what an Endurance Run would be as ever. "
The Enhanced Edition makes the English dialogue outstanding. The areas that involve being drunk, and having conversations with Zoltan and Dandelion are some of the happiest and funniest. Some of the dialogue and animations are kind of goofy, making moments even funnier.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thecleric

Ryan and Vinny, infinite crisis, now

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ghostiet
@Tru3_Blu3: Yeah? Then, I am happy to hear that, although even if I come up on it, I'll probably still consider the Polish one superior. ;-)
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Speedtree or Fable II Pub Games.

Actually, I'll have to agree with Tru3_Blu3. The Witcher is a fantastic game.

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MiserableGerm

Chrono Trigger SNES?

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CharlieTuna

Yes they should play the polish version. :-p

Like I said in my last post, The Witcher would be perfect, that game is so badass and so few people played it. It's hard though at times, they may get killed a lot.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Daryl

Whose Vinney?

And I think I'd rather see something that isn't a JRPG *yawn

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kohe321

I'm sure they will find a good game to replace p4.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#74  Edited By Floppypants

Some interesting ideas gentlemen, but it's time to open the envelope and see the correct answer.  Drum roll please.
The winner is Borderlands!  The game Giant Bomb can't quit drooling over will be the next game in the incredibly popular endurance run series!  If you guessed Borderlands, you've won!  Please see our gift agent offstage to claim your prize.  Thanks everyone for playing!

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CharlieTuna

I wouldn't mind Borderlands at all. But they might finish persona before it's out.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ghostiet
@CharlieTuna said:
" Yes they should play the polish version. :-p "

We've got more curses in Polish. That could take the Bombcast and video features to a whole new level. :-p
Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#77  Edited By Valkyr

A lot of people played some Tales of Versperia and are not willing to get into the new edition themselves, so Vinny and Jeff can definitly help them experience the new content and the newcomers will enjoy it aswell.
The Witcher it's too serious, I played like 50 hours and abandoned it I think at the 4th chapter because my gamer pc video card died and that was when I said "No more pc gaming" and I came back to my roots, consoles,  the point is that I never laughed during that long journey, the voice acting was brilliant, the game is a masterpiece, but it's not for a Giant Bomb Endurance Run.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By thecleric
@Floppypants said:
" Some interesting ideas gentlemen, but it's time to open the envelope and see the correct answer.  Drum roll please. ... ... ... ... ... The winner is Borderlands!  The game Giant Bomb can't quit drooling over will be the next game in the incredibly popular endurance run series!  If you guessed Borderlands, you've won!  Please see our gift agent offstage to claim your prize.  Thanks everyone for playing! "

Needs to be all 4 then. Or if ones not feeling up to it, replace em with Dave.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ryanwho

I like the Witcher option because it could also stir public interest, and what with me not having a PC strong enough for it, maybe they'd rethink porting it to consoles on account of the extra attention.

watkinzez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vesperia might be good for co-op, but the only decent in-game dialogue are the skits, which don't require you to scroll through them. I can't see the commentary working as well as it did for P4.
An adventure game would be a good fit. One of Telltale's series, perhaps.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Floppypants said:
" Some interesting ideas gentlemen, but it's time to open the envelope and see the correct answer.  Drum roll please. ... ... ... ... ... The winner is Borderlands!  The game Giant Bomb can't quit drooling over will be the next game in the incredibly popular endurance run series!  If you guessed Borderlands, you've won!  Please see our gift agent offstage to claim your prize.  Thanks everyone for playing! "
Borderlands is a game a lot of the Giant Bomb community will play.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#82  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@m1k3 said:

" valkyria chronicles could be a good one. like a battle a day or something. it wouldn't be as long, but it'd be nice to give a really good game some due since sega didn't do very well "

I like this suggestion. Plus, I really wanted to play that game, but I don't own a PS3. This would give me a chance to see it in its entirety.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Ghostiet
@ryanwho said:
" I like the Witcher option because it could also stir public interest, and what with me not having a PC strong enough for it, maybe they'd rethink porting it to consoles on account of the extra attention. "

There was a console port in plans, quite far in development, with moar content and a revamped fighting system based on combos, but they needed to scrap it becasue of financial problems so they are focused on doing The Witcher 2.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ryanwho

I'm sure renewed interest could sway their publisher to reconsider, though. Not to say I would want them to sop working on Witcher 2, but another competent dev could finish porting the game.

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By Doubt

Dark Cloud

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ghostiet

Still, it's out of the question for a while. The port was "The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf" and it was, as far as I read, 70% done and was ment to land on shelves by Fall 2009, but problems concerning the developer and cash forced them to scrap it at least for a time.

I find it extremely ironic that The Witcher landed a lot of prizes, everyone (except the morons from Eurogamer) called it one of the best RPGs of the last few years, people on the Internets were talking about its great quality, damn, it turned into a huge campaign in Poland - the game premiere was in the evening news, but the game still didn't sell so awesome (although CDProjekt's boss said that they weren't expecting that it'd sell at all outside Poland).

@Valkyr: I think it's more about the translation. The original is hilarious, even though I hate Sapkowski's work.

Tachikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Tachikoma

Right here.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/policenauts-fantrans-on-the-moon-12pm-edt-82309/258751/#2

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AuthenticM
@VelvetLore04 said:
" Tales of Vesperia. It WAS on their 'Best Game We Never Played' list and it'd be interesting to get their take on the characters, which is probably one of the games stronger suits. "
This. Now is the time as the game is going to be on the PS3 soon with a shitload of new and revised content.