This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by christopherson329 (198 posts) 3 months, 15 days ago

Joel vs Nathan Drake (73 votes)

Joel (Troy Baker) 70%
Nathan Drake (Nolan North) 30%
#1 Edited by TheBarrylad (44 posts) -

With what criteria?

I'd say Joel's a better character but probably isn't a barrel of laughs down the pub.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4371 posts) -

Me and Nate go way back, man.

#4 Posted by christopherson329 (198 posts) -

to the death

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

Joel by me preferring Troy Baker to Nolan. Both fantastic but Troy did Kanji, KANJI! Huge points in my book.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9738 posts) -

I know Joel's a role that probably required more serious/dramatic acting, but come on. I can't go against my buddy Nathan Drake. There's something to be said about loyalty.

#7 Posted by TheMasterDS (1867 posts) -

Joel is less ethical and more nuanced as a character. The Last Of Us is one of the best games of the generation, Uncharted isn't in my book.

#8 Edited by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

@christopherson329 said:

@thebarrylad: In a fight

You should've been more specific in the title then and less referential to the voice actors.

Joel is the winner here, barely even a contest. Drake would get murdered.

#9 Edited by believer258 (11039 posts) -
@christopherson329 said:

The mods will probably lock this, they don't too much like versus threads.

For the record, both are protagonists of games that range from "not great" to "fairly bad", but at least The Last of Us is worth playing for its story, characters, atmosphere, environment, and a lot of little touches that go a long way.

#11 Edited by Yummylee (20561 posts) -

@believer258: Call it a hunch, but I have my suspicions you don't like the Uncharted games very much. Just one of those gut feelings!

Anywhoo this thread is the dumbest.

#12 Edited by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@yummylee said:

@believer258: Call it a hunch, but I have my suspicions you don't like the Uncharted games very much. Just one of those gut feelings!

What on Earth gave you that idea? It's not like I wrote a terribly-worded blog about the third game or something.

#13 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

O Snap...

#14 Edited by jimmyfenix (3680 posts) -

We all know Sully is the true winner.

#15 Posted by narujoe93 (2429 posts) -

Joel dies in 3 hits and moves like a tank. Drake is a bullet sponge that can do squirrel ass acrobat shit. Drakes nice guy image is all a facade for his incredible quench to kill in the name of swashbuckling adventure/treasure plundering. Joel is a cute little bunny in comparison

#16 Edited by marc (431 posts) -

As far as depth and being interesting goes, Joel for sure. As far as being an all around fun character, it's Drake. Overall it is difficult for me to pick one over the other, they are both fantastic for very different reasons.

#17 Posted by Emoney244 (151 posts) -

How is it not Drake? He's a bullet sponge. I mean Joel was defeated by a piece of rebar and had to be carried by a little girl, ha!

#18 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

@christopherson329 said:

You should've been more specific in the title then and less referential to the voice actors.

Lol Joel doesn't even have a rocket launcher or a reliable sniper rifle. He'd get stomped.

#19 Edited by barfqueen (39 posts) -

I misread this post as asking if John T Drake beats Nathan Drake, to which the answer is unequivocally YES.

At any rate fucking neither of these scrubs are worth further thought.

#20 Posted by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

@gabriel said:

@tsutohiro said:

@christopherson329 said:

Lol Joel doesn't even have a rocket launcher or a reliable sniper rifle. He'd get stomped.

I fear you are underestimating the sneakiness Sir.

#21 Posted by mems1224 (135 posts) -

Joel and Troy Baker are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better Nathan and Nolan North. Drake is a far more likable character

#22 Posted by AlKusanagi (851 posts) -

Drake murders people like it's going out of style. Joel doesn't stand a chance.

#23 Posted by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

Joel would find Nate sooooooooooooooooo annoying if they had to work together he'd probably kill him.

#24 Posted by ozzdog12 (846 posts) -

Me and Nate go way back, man.

I love Joel, but Nate is my homeboy. We've been on some crazy adventures together. Its been rad

#25 Posted by Chaser324 (5966 posts) -

Yeah, "battle" threads don't really fly here.

Moderator Online