Just beat Singularity...

arkadysmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By arkadysmile

Finished it yesterday and I have to say that all and all it was a solid title. I really enjoyed the game overall and hope that it does well for Raven despite the fact that Activision kinda threw it out there. Worth a rental at least. One does wonder if they ever make another what ending will be considered canon? Guess I am trying to say that it is worth a rental or maybe even a purchase (but you may want to wait until the inevidable price drop). Peace... 

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tiwi

so... is three stars?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I agree. The game felt like they took Wolfenstein, Half Life 2, FEAR, Bioshock, and Cryostasis and mashed it all together into a great game. I actually beat it in one sitting on my day off, as I could not stop playing it since the game was so well paced.

For a potential sequel,

That ending seemed like the one that has the most leeway for a sequel.
arkadysmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By arkadysmile
@tiwi:
maybe three... and a half.
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By I_smell

From the Quick Look it looked like Bioshock, except everything was really obvious and cheap. 
Like instead of having the crazy addict splicer guys they just had big monsters, and the russian font was all over the place even when it wasn't necessary, and the retro videos were so obviously evil instead of bein a little bit mysterious. And the bit with the swat-radio goin HELLO? IS ANYONE THER-AAAAARRRGGHHH OH NO!  it just looks like all the games I've allready played, the QL really put me off :/
I might buy this if the time glove stuff's really good, so I'm gonna have to wait for reviews or somethin.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Feanor

The game is pretty fun, I'm actually liking it more than Bioshock game play wise.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@I_smell said:
" From the Quick Look it looked like Bioshock, except everything was really obvious and cheap.  Like instead of having the crazy addict splicer guys they just had big monsters, and the russian font was all over the place even when it wasn't necessary, and the retro videos were so obviously evil instead of bein a little bit mysterious. And the bit with the swat-radio goin HELLO? IS ANYONE THER-AAAAARRRGGHHH OH NO!  it just looks like all the games I've allready played, the QL really put me off :/I might buy this if the time glove stuff's really good, so I'm gonna have to wait for reviews or somethin. "
This is what I originally thought before I actually played the game. It looked like some lame ass mid summer release that was going to just be a rental. I decided to give it a go on PC since I didn't really have anything else to play. Turns out its a really good game! 

In your case I would just give it a rental since you can beat it in about 8 hours and if you don't like it you aren't out 50-60 bucks. Oh yeah and the multiplayer definitely brings a little change to your standard team death match rules.

Bottom line, it's a surprisingly well put together game.
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fjordson

I want to try this out. Not like there's an avalanche of stellar games coming out right now, and Raven has always done solid work.

How's the enemy variety? Is it mostly those weird monster things? Or are you fighting other people a lot?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It doesn't sound like the best game ever but it's still sounding like a pretty good game.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By yinstarrunner
It's like Bioshock with slightly less emphasis on atmosphere and very fun shooting mechanics.  I was hooked and beat it in two sittings.  The ending I got was pretty crazy and awesome.

@Fjordson:
About half the game is spent fighting various mutants, some of which can get pretty damn big.  The other half typically has you fighting soldiers, which is really awesome once you get the "seeker", a gun that lets you physically steer the bullet into your enemy's skull.  Never gets old.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By jkz
@Fjordson said:
" I want to try this out. Not like there's an avalanche of stellar games coming out right now, and Raven has always done solid work.  How's the enemy variety? Is it mostly those weird monster things? Or are you fighting other people a lot? "
The enemy variety was actually pretty good. They're not constantly sending new guys at you, but there's a good 3-4 types of enemy soldiers, and 5-6 types of mutants. The reason that that's alright is because pretty much every one requires a different approach if you want to kill it.
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fjordson
@jukezypoo: 

Ah, that's pretty cool then. As long as those tall looking dudes in the Quick Look weren't the only type of mutant then I'm happy.
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Hourai

I'm about 2 hours from completing it myself and I've been having a lot of fun with the game. It's no game of the year, but it's something everybody should at least check out. I love blowing people's faces off with the Seeker.