Just played The Passing...thoughts?

CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CowboyBebopper

I just completed a round of the campaign and versus on The Passing DLC. Overall I enjoyed it much more than the Crash Course campaign on L4D1. Definitely had more personality and a more distinct identity with the creepy catacomb type feel to it. And was sad to see who didn't make it from L4D1. Haven't tried out any of the Mutations yet because not many people were on.

Anyone else play it? Thoughts?

P.S. Did anyone else catch the blatant Dead Rising reference? Gives me hope for Frank West yet...

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By floodiastus

Im still waiting for the PC version to hit, any minute now I keep telling myself.  

My hair will have turned frosty white when its out im sure.

CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CowboyBebopper

Not sure why this got filed into Gen. Discussion cause I started it in L4D2's forums but whatever. Is it up on Steam yet?

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kishan6

ya it is now.... 
i was dissapointed by the death of my good friend and the character i played in the first game but the atmosphere was so much better than other l4d2 campaigns 
i hope they keep going in that direction

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Really liked it. I plan to keep playing the hell out of it. Very interested in what Mutation modes they come up with.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AlKusanagi
masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By masterherocard

I heard of the dead rising reference, but didn't see it in there. 

And it was a nice addition to left 4 dead 2. I'll be playing it again soon, in fact.
KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Played through on co-op a couple of times (on Advanced...the finale on Expert would be fucking ridiculous). I was also sad to see who didn't make it from the original survivors.  Really enjoyed it, though. Excellent level design and a good atmosphere that was missing from the original L4D2 campaigns.  The M60 is a beast, too, especially with explosive ammo. It just shreds everything into ground meat. Mutations seems like a cool idea, though. This DLC might just get me back into the game, since I hadn't really played it for a few months before today.

@CowboyBebopper said:

P.S. Did anyone else catch the blatant Dead Rising reference? Gives me hope for Frank West yet... "

I did see that the second time through. Not only that, but in the same room is a 28 Days Later reference and a possible Shaun of the Dead reference. Thought those were pretty neat. I think all of the writing in that bar is easily the best out of the whole series so far. The stuff in the bathroom alone is hilarious.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn
@AlKusanagi said:
" I enjoyed it. I wonder if it's always the same L4D1 survivor that is (un)dead in it, or does it change. When I played it today it was
"
Seriously, i only own L4D 1, but that makes me really sad.