Just published my first game, could I get some feedback?

Daikonqueroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daikonqueroar

It's for android (sorry iOS users, we'll get to you eventually!), free, and uses augmented reality. Essentially, it's just asteroids right now, but my team and I are planning to add in power-ups, enemy ships, and more to vary the gameplay as we release more levels. Right now we're most concerned about making sure we knock out the bugs and find any compatibility issues (we've already found out that Galaxy S4s don't like Unity) so that we can address them before moving on. Any feedback would be appreciated, even suggestions for what you'd like to see in later builds/levels.

Get it here:

There's a QR code in the video, pause to scan it and get the app, start it up, and point your device at the screen--then watch it happen. Hope you enjoy. :)

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Looks pretty sweet duder. Came to the wrong site for comments though I think, no one ever responds to stuff like this here for some reason.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

"Date joined:2010-12-07"

First thing I check when I see this kinda stuff here: Your join date. Sometimes people make accounts just to hawk their wares on our forums. Since you're legit, let the peaceful and helpful commenting commence!

Alright, I have no idea what this looks like since I don't have an android device, however, it seems totalllly rad. I hope someone can check it out and lemme know what the heck is happening on screen. AR stuff is really cool. I'd love to read some bloggy type stuff about designing/programming/whatever you had your hand in on this game. There's a lot of game makers in this community and I'm sure they'd like it too. Pretty curious what programming AR stuff is like.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fang273

I tried to get the QR code on my droid charge, but the youtube video is too bright. Even after turning my monitor's brightness all the way down, it wouldn't recognize it. For reference, the QR codes in Fez worked with the same monitor and phone no problem.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fang273 said:

I tried to get the QR code on my droid charge, but the youtube video is too bright. Even after turning my monitor's brightness all the way down, it wouldn't recognize it. For reference, the QR codes in Fez worked with the same monitor and phone no problem.

On my monitor with Galaxy Note 2 the QR worked just fine.

It's for android... **blahblahblah, lots of text**

Quite neat idea you got there. I found two things that slightly bugged me. Firstly the control is too sensitive, trying to make small adjustments takes too much effort. Secondly having steering and shooting on same control is mildly annoying if you want to turn and shoot.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sinusoidal

I downloaded it, but no amount of pointing my phone at the screen would make it go for more than a couple seconds at a time. I'm using an LG Optimus G Pro. The few seconds that I did get it working for looked pretty cool.

Also, I'm not sure if it's on your end, or just because the G Pro is a 1080p screen in five inches, but the joystick was really small. Especially for a big handed person like me. Some size options, or scaling it up a bit more would be good.