Just went to store.giantbomb.com

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

And the same two shirts are still there.

I wanna support them and all and I am not trying to complain but why in gods name don't they have more.

Jeff said himself that they turned an amazing profits and we would all kill for more gb merch, so where is the disconnect here?

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

If I remember right they were doing some kind of shirt a while ago but the people they were working with screwed them over.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I know they had some problems with the people printing up their last batch of shirts, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TheAdmin

I agree... I want a giant bomb (logo) t-shirt and/or hoodie... plus I'd want a mouse pad... maybe a luchadeer blanket...  
I'm ready to be a customer... 

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By landon

I like how they have their shirts marked down from $2000.

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Kahoona

I want a Giant Bomb lunchbox and thermos.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Jeff said recently (in the article where he talks about the incoming advertising on the site) that the whole t-shirt business was something they did because they thought it would be cool for people to have some giantbomb apparel, not as a moneymaking device. That's why there have only been limited batches of shirts and other gear available. 

Here's the quote from Jeff: 

"  We've sold a few T-shirts in the past, but to be honest, those happened because we thought they'd be cool, not because we ever expected to make a huge profit on them.  "

However i'm sure sooner or later there will be a new set released. There are some pretty awesome Deadly Premonition designs circulating the forums right now. 

(hint)
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Burns098356GX

They should have a contest. Design a shirt, win some free shit.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, there was an incident where the company printing their shirts didn't follow through with their end of the deal. They haven't looked back since, which is too bad. However, Giantbomb isn't going away any time soon, so there's hope for the future.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper
@Landon said:
" I like how they have their shirts marked down from $2000. "
That's just the Steam sale. In 3 hours, 41 mins and 7secs they'll be back to being $2000 again. So buy now! You're practically loosing money if you don't buy!
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It would be cool to see some more Giant Bomb t-shirts but I understand that these are video game journalists, not t-shirt manufacturers.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

Belt buckles.  Am I the only person who still wears them?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Bollard

Where's my Lincoln Force shirt then?  

Also, they could really do with putting a store link on the bar at the top cause quite frankly I didn't know one existed till now. And they best deliver to the UK. But I can imagine it'd cost a (giant) bomb if they did. 

@Burns098356GX said: 

" They should have a contest. Design a shirt, win some free shit. "

Design a shirt, win a free shirt!
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By weltal

Earlier this year Giant Bomb was selling Oscar Mike T-shirts but shit went bad and money was stolen. My guess is they wait till they are sure they can distribute safely again.

"
At this point we have to proceed and assume the worst--all of the up-front capital we provided, as well as the shipping costs that we paid for, are gone, and our international customers will not receive the shirts they paid for. We're already in contact with the appropriate authorities to determine our vendor's whereabouts and to try and recover at least some portion of the not-insignificant amount of money we've invested in this ill-fated venture. Regardless of how that is resolved, though, we will be refunding the full purchase price, including shipping, to all our international customers.
"
[article]

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By Lies

They had a t-shirt contest waaaaaaay back when but nothing ever came of it. Asked users to create shirts based off of the NEVER meme from last E3, but they just kind of abandoned it and no shirt was ever produced.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think a lot of this stuff has been scrapped since the Oscar Mike t-shirt incident, which is a real shame. I'd like to see more stuff in the future.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Toxin066
@99X said:
" I agree... I want a giant bomb (logo) t-shirt and/or hoodie... plus I'd want a mouse pad... maybe a luchadeer blanket...  I'm ready to be a customer...  "
OH SHIT SON. A luchadeer blanket would be amazing.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

After the Oscar Mike incident, I'm sure they're understandably cautious about doing stuff like this again. However, I'm also sure that they're very aware of the demand for stuff like this, and as the business grows more doors will surely open up for possible deals to provide this sort of stuff.

And also, I want a luchadeer snuggie!!!!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN GIANT BOMB!!!!!!

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By alternate

Rather than take it on themselves most sites just licence out the merch business to a company with a proven record - kinda like they are doing with ad sales.  I can understand them not wanting to do tacky GB mouse mats and the like but if there is a demand they should take the extra income.  As well as standard run of the mill logo merch they could do limited runs with original designs like they originally sold.  I would bet the guy who does all their cool portrait art etc (Toaster?) would jump at the exposure/royalties.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By EpicSteve

More shirts! I demand it.

x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By x_XJules
@MattyFTM said:

"And also, I want a luchadeer snuggie!!!!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN GIANT BOMB!!!!!! "

My thoughts exactly. 

edit: Also, snacks. I'd like some snacks.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PufferFiz

If they need stuff printed, one of my good friends owns a clothing company and a print shop. But he is out on warped tour so I don't think  he could do anything right now.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By demontium

In regards to the people screwing them over: they still turned a profit. 

Look, everyone wants something, from luchasnuggies to... snacks? Anyways, giantbomb would make money, we would be happy, win win.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By matthew
@alternate said:
"  I would bet the guy who does all their cool portrait art etc (Toaster?) would jump at the exposure/royalties. "
I know he would, but I'm not thinking it's Toaster/Kat who does that.  The dude who designed the GB logo is the same guy who did the portrait art for the scores they gave their reviews.  I wanna say he lives back east... 

Kat, as far as I know, is simply in charge of the Quest art...although she could be responsible for more as far as I know.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By ravensword

I want a shirt of Peter Molenux telling me how great his balls are.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other people have Giant Bomb apparel and I don't.  This is comparable to the Holocaust in terms of tragedy.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demontium
@Brodehouse said:
" Other people have Giant Bomb apparel and I don't.  This is comparable to the Holocaust in terms of tragedy. "
Exactl- wait... no its not.
alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By alternate
@Matthew said:
" @alternate said:
"  I would bet the guy who does all their cool portrait art etc (Toaster?) would jump at the exposure/royalties. "
I know he would, but I'm not thinking it's Toaster/Kat who does that.  The dude who designed the GB logo is the same guy who did the portrait art for the scores they gave their reviews.  I wanna say he lives back east...  Kat, as far as I know, is simply in charge of the Quest art...although she could be responsible for more as far as I know. "
ah okay, thx for the info.  Both pretty good artists though, I would buy a shirt from either.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Burns098356GX said:
They don't need a contest for new shirts. Heck buzz_clik already made like 10 shirts that are awesome and having meaning to the site.
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By TheAdmin
@Burns098356GX said:
They did have a "contest" of sorts for a NEVER! shirt... but nothing ever happened with it. Tons of design ideas were sent in...