KAIJU PILEDRIVER we need to make this happen!

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By xshinobi

Hey all, Double Fine is doing something really interesting with their Amnesia Fortnight on Humble Bundle. More info can be found here (http://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine).

Brad Muir the man behind Iron Brigade is pitching his new idea for a prototype called KAIJU PILEDRIVER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmI1equbKE&feature=share&list=ULxxmI1equbKE).

More info on KAIJU:

In KAIJU PILEDRIVER, players take the role of giant rubber-suited monsters and wreck the shit out of randomized corporate cities! Players choose from several Godzilla-inspired monsters to battle evil mayors and their gigantic corporate henchman. Eat people and other delicious things to keep your stomach full so that you can continue rampaging through the city. Choose new Mutations like radiation breath and eye lasers as your monster levels up. Randomized city layouts, mutations, and enemies make KAIJU PILEDRIVER a deep, replayable experience!

I think we can all agree that the world needs this to become a reality! So vote for KAIJU PILEDRIVER. Not only will you be supporting a good cause but you can help my Godzilla fantasies become real....EFFING GODZILLA!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I'm fully behind this. Already donated and voted.
C'MON GUYS SUPPORT #TEAMBRAD

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Meltac

And if you don't Brad Muirs sad face will haunt you!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

I thought the concept was kinda lame. Rather have Muir and his small team do more work on that BRAZEN prototype.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Alexandru

I thought you were talking about those shitty AMD CPUs.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Andorski said:

I thought the concept was kinda lame. Rather have Muir and his small team do more work on that BRAZEN prototype.

Wow mister no-fun.

Is it cause they directly call out Monster Hunter in Brazen's description so it sounds more interesting to you? Brazen is Brad Muir's game too. Amnesia Fortnight is a complete separate thing where they stop work on major projects and do these silly little games that might become something like Brazen.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

I found the 30 sec pitch video less appealing than the short description in the main video, which makes me think this is something that just sounds cool but would get stale quickly. I found the concept of the The Flock to be way more intruiging, although that's never gonna happen =(

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

Help Brad Muir! :D!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andorski

@Doctorchimp said:

@Andorski said:

Wow mister no-fun.

Is it cause they directly call out Monster Hunter in Brazen's description so it sounds more interesting to you? Brazen is Brad Muir's game too. Amnesia Fortnight is a complete separate thing where they stop work on major projects and do these silly little games that might become something like Brazen.

It's because Brad Muir and his group (not sure if they stick to dedicated teams in DF though) have shown an aptitude for CO-OP with Iron Brigade. And be honest... how much of KAIJU PILEDRIVER's popularity in the HIB is due to just Brad Muir being a likable and entertaining guy being wacky with a T-Rex hat in the pitch video.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

No thanks. My vote is going for the space station simulator. It has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to get to play a game that lets you design and run a space station. Imagine a Tycoon game mixed with Evil Genius and DeepSpace 9. I will not pass up on my chance to see some version of it come to reality.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy

@crusader8463 said:

No thanks. My vote is going for the space station simulator. It has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to get to play a game that lets you design and run a space station. Imagine a Tycoon game mixed with Evil Genius and DeepSpace 9. I will not pass up on my chance to see some version of it come to reality.

You can vote for more than one game.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Lukeweizer

For Brad!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crusader8463

@Redbullet685 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I don't want to risk giving a vote to something else bumping that one off. I know one vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but that one's the only one that I care about. Plus I don't recall none of the other ones really doing much for me. Will give them a look over again when I get home from work tonight.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HarlechQuinn

I did my part I voted for it and gifted another "Amnesia Fortnight" bundle to a friend and "forced" him to vote for "KAIJU PILEDRIVER" as well (although he seems to like "Brazen" more and is really disappointed that there might never be a complete version of it)...

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Sooperspy

@crusader8463 said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I don't want to risk giving a vote to something else bumping that one off. I know one vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but that one's the only one that I care about. Plus I don't recall none of the other ones really doing much for me. Will give them a look over again when I get home from work tonight.

I get that. But Kaiju Piledriver is in 6th place, and there is no way that or any of the other games will knock off Spacebase.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chilibean_3

@Meltac said:

Brad is never not :D

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Sounds like some kind of cocktail that involves Saki.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Meltac

@chilibean_3 said:

@Meltac said:

Brad is never not :D

That's true.. then you will be haunted by an infinite amount of :D

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By nickux

I wonder what Kaiju Piledriver's second name will be.

Hells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hells

@nickux: Super Kaiju Piledriver ;)

For Brad's game to make it to the top 4 it needs roughly 600 votes to beat out Autonomous... a little over 3 days left. C'mon guys!

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@crusader8463 said:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/startopia might be what you want.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crusader8463

@dekkadekkadekka said:

@crusader8463 said:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/startopia might be what you want.

Holy hell. I did not know someone actually made a game like that. It doesn't look exactly like what I want out of that kind of game in my minds eye, but it certainly looks neat. Thanks!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver-Streak

I really, really, really want to play Kaiju Piledriver. Regardless of the Miur happiness additives. I love roguelikes and Godzilla. I also find wrestling hilarious. So with those 3 things combined, what's not to like?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#24  Edited By StarvingGamer

Vote for Kaiju and Autonomous. I want to play both of those games.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#25  Edited By StarvingGamer
@Xshinobi You may want to put actual working hyperlinks in the OP. Trying to copy/paste that shit is super annoying from a phone. If I hadn't already voted I probably would have just skimmed your post and moved on.
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BisonHero

I went and removed my vote from all of the stuff above Kaiju Piledriver, since originally I had voted for like 8 games. I figure the stuff above Kaiju Piledriver really doesn't need my help, and this way my vote for Kaiju Piledriver actually brings it slightly closer to passing the games above it.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EVO

Meh. Kaiju Piledriver just seems like Rampage. Far more interesting games got pitched.