#1 Posted by Xshinobi (357 posts) -

Hey all, Double Fine is doing something really interesting with their Amnesia Fortnight on Humble Bundle. More info can be found here (http://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine).

Brad Muir the man behind Iron Brigade is pitching his new idea for a prototype called KAIJU PILEDRIVER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmI1equbKE&feature=share&list=ULxxmI1equbKE).

More info on KAIJU:

In KAIJU PILEDRIVER, players take the role of giant rubber-suited monsters and wreck the shit out of randomized corporate cities! Players choose from several Godzilla-inspired monsters to battle evil mayors and their gigantic corporate henchman. Eat people and other delicious things to keep your stomach full so that you can continue rampaging through the city. Choose new Mutations like radiation breath and eye lasers as your monster levels up. Randomized city layouts, mutations, and enemies make KAIJU PILEDRIVER a deep, replayable experience!

I think we can all agree that the world needs this to become a reality! So vote for KAIJU PILEDRIVER. Not only will you be supporting a good cause but you can help my Godzilla fantasies become real....EFFING GODZILLA!

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3629 posts) -

I'm fully behind this. Already donated and voted.
C'MON GUYS SUPPORT #TEAMBRAD

#3 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

And if you don't Brad Muirs sad face will haunt you!

#4 Posted by Andorski (5111 posts) -

I thought the concept was kinda lame. Rather have Muir and his small team do more work on that BRAZEN prototype.

#5 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

I thought you were talking about those shitty AMD CPUs.

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

@Andorski said:

I thought the concept was kinda lame. Rather have Muir and his small team do more work on that BRAZEN prototype.

Wow mister no-fun.

Is it cause they directly call out Monster Hunter in Brazen's description so it sounds more interesting to you? Brazen is Brad Muir's game too. Amnesia Fortnight is a complete separate thing where they stop work on major projects and do these silly little games that might become something like Brazen.

#7 Posted by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

I found the 30 sec pitch video less appealing than the short description in the main video, which makes me think this is something that just sounds cool but would get stale quickly. I found the concept of the The Flock to be way more intruiging, although that's never gonna happen =(

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Help Brad Muir! :D!

#9 Posted by Andorski (5111 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@Andorski said:

Wow mister no-fun.

Is it cause they directly call out Monster Hunter in Brazen's description so it sounds more interesting to you? Brazen is Brad Muir's game too. Amnesia Fortnight is a complete separate thing where they stop work on major projects and do these silly little games that might become something like Brazen.

It's because Brad Muir and his group (not sure if they stick to dedicated teams in DF though) have shown an aptitude for CO-OP with Iron Brigade. And be honest... how much of KAIJU PILEDRIVER's popularity in the HIB is due to just Brad Muir being a likable and entertaining guy being wacky with a T-Rex hat in the pitch video.

#10 Posted by crusader8463 (14318 posts) -

No thanks. My vote is going for the space station simulator. It has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to get to play a game that lets you design and run a space station. Imagine a Tycoon game mixed with Evil Genius and DeepSpace 9. I will not pass up on my chance to see some version of it come to reality.

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

No thanks. My vote is going for the space station simulator. It has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to get to play a game that lets you design and run a space station. Imagine a Tycoon game mixed with Evil Genius and DeepSpace 9. I will not pass up on my chance to see some version of it come to reality.

You can vote for more than one game.

#12 Posted by Lukeweizer (2509 posts) -

For Brad!

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14318 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I don't want to risk giving a vote to something else bumping that one off. I know one vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but that one's the only one that I care about. Plus I don't recall none of the other ones really doing much for me. Will give them a look over again when I get home from work tonight.

#14 Posted by HarlechQuinn (438 posts) -

I did my part I voted for it and gifted another "Amnesia Fortnight" bundle to a friend and "forced" him to vote for "KAIJU PILEDRIVER" as well (although he seems to like "Brazen" more and is really disappointed that there might never be a complete version of it)...

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I don't want to risk giving a vote to something else bumping that one off. I know one vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but that one's the only one that I care about. Plus I don't recall none of the other ones really doing much for me. Will give them a look over again when I get home from work tonight.

I get that. But Kaiju Piledriver is in 6th place, and there is no way that or any of the other games will knock off Spacebase.

#16 Posted by chilibean_3 (1581 posts) -

@Meltac said:

Brad is never not :D

#17 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Sounds like some kind of cocktail that involves Saki.

#18 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

@chilibean_3 said:

@Meltac said:

Brad is never not :D

That's true.. then you will be haunted by an infinite amount of :D

#19 Posted by nickux (1378 posts) -

I wonder what Kaiju Piledriver's second name will be.

#20 Posted by Hells (68 posts) -

@nickux: Super Kaiju Piledriver ;)

For Brad's game to make it to the top 4 it needs roughly 600 votes to beat out Autonomous... a little over 3 days left. C'mon guys!

#21 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (708 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/startopia might be what you want.

#22 Posted by crusader8463 (14318 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

@crusader8463 said:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/startopia might be what you want.

Holy hell. I did not know someone actually made a game like that. It doesn't look exactly like what I want out of that kind of game in my minds eye, but it certainly looks neat. Thanks!

#23 Posted by Eujin (1293 posts) -

I really, really, really want to play Kaiju Piledriver. Regardless of the Miur happiness additives. I love roguelikes and Godzilla. I also find wrestling hilarious. So with those 3 things combined, what's not to like?

#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (7566 posts) -

Vote for Kaiju and Autonomous. I want to play both of those games.

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (7566 posts) -
@Xshinobi You may want to put actual working hyperlinks in the OP. Trying to copy/paste that shit is super annoying from a phone. If I hadn't already voted I probably would have just skimmed your post and moved on.
#26 Posted by BisonHero (5674 posts) -

I went and removed my vote from all of the stuff above Kaiju Piledriver, since originally I had voted for like 8 games. I figure the stuff above Kaiju Piledriver really doesn't need my help, and this way my vote for Kaiju Piledriver actually brings it slightly closer to passing the games above it.

#27 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

Meh. Kaiju Piledriver just seems like Rampage. Far more interesting games got pitched.