Ken Levine penning Logan's Run remake. Thoughts?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElvishPresley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

According to /Film, Ken Levine has been tapped to write the screenplay for the long-in-gestation Logan's Run remake. I haven't seen the original since I was a little kid, but it makes sense that they would want someone who excels at creating complete worlds with sci-fi underpinnings. However, this is still an unexpected choice for Hollywood, even if Levine started out as a screenwriter. It does bring up a few questions though.

1. What does this mean for the future of video game movies? Will we ever see Bioshock the Motion Picture? Personally, I have always been less interested in adapting games to film and vice versa, but very excited to see the pioneers of each medium to branch out and bring their unique perspectives into a different art form. Spielberg got his toes wet with Bloom Blox, but not enough for my taste.

2. Was Ken Levine approached by Warner Bros. or was it the other way around? How do you think this came to be? (Speculation and facts welcome)

2. What does this mean for the future of Irrational? Ken says he will remain as Creative Director, but maybe someone else will have to pick up the slack? Could this delay whatever their next project it is?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19