killzone and resistance...

marshall006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey im interested in buying killzone 3 and resistance 3, but have a few questions. how the gamplay feel? is it heavy and slow like battlefield and medal of honor or fast paced like halo cod and gears. Also whats the online player count for killzone 3 and resistance 3 if the games even tell you how many people are currently playing online. Thanks for your help.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone is more like Battlefield, and Resistance is pretty similar to Halo. There are probably still a good number of people playing Killzone 3, but Killzone 2 seems to be preferred by most. I doubt there are many people at all playing Resistance 3 online anymore.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

If you're able, I'm sure there are demos available on PSN for both games. Why not try them out and see how they feel for you?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like Resistance 3 more than Killzone. I've only played K2. And, its a damn wasteland in R3. I still love that seaside-cliff mp level.

And yea, Resistance is more like Halo, so that's probably why I like it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Resistance 3 is actually best compared to Half-Life 2. It's fairly fast paced, but unlike Halo you can hold all of the guns and you have a health bar. Its online still has some players but nowhere near Gears or CoD or Battlefield numbers.

Killzone 3 feels pretty slow and meaty, like you're playing as a dude in a lot of armor. Which you are.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Levius

Didn't Killzone 3 multiplayer go free to play or something like that, if so that's probably the best place to start.

Sidewalkchalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Resistance 3's SP campaign was actually really fun. I like the guns and the way they all have a unique secondary function. Killzone never really did it for me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I'm more into Killzone. I loved the campaign in 2 and the MP in 3. Killzone feels a lot weightier, especially 2, but 3 is a lot snappier with the movement without losing the weight. Resistance feels a bit Halo-y I thought the first game was ok, the second was bad and the third is almost brilliant. I liked it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Last time I loaded up Killzone 3 about six months ago there were still people playing, I never tried the online side of Resistance 3 after a pretty miserable time with the beta.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Didn't Killzone 3 multiplayer go free to play or something like that, if so that's probably the best place to start.

Yes, you can play up to a certain level then you have to buy either buy the multiplayer portion or the full game.

If you are going to buy either of them i suggest getting the collections Sony put out for them. They have all 3 games for cheap, and i think all of the DLC for them also. And as people have said Killzone is more slow paced and has a heavy feel to it, and Resistance feels more like Halo.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

Side question: Who actually owns the Resistance IP now? Does Insomniac or Sony? I seem to remember other studios making the PSP/Vita games, could Sony theoretically make another Resistance for the PS4? (not that it'd probably want to...)

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Killzone 3 is not as heavy as killzone 2 similar to battlefield 3. Plus Killzone 3 still has a multiplayer community, i doubt resistance 3 will have one

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

I would not consider Halo and Gears fast-paced.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not consider Halo and Gears fast-paced.

You have yet to play FFA in Halo sir

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Side question: Who actually owns the Resistance IP now? Does Insomniac or Sony? I seem to remember other studios making the PSP/Vita games, could Sony theoretically make another Resistance for the PS4? (not that it'd probably want to...)

I seem to remember a PR statement about Insomniac saying that Resistance 3 would be "their" last game in the series. I assume that means it's in Sony's hands. I'd love to see a new Resistance game pop up on next gen consoles, but honestly, if the series isn't to come back, Resistance 3 was a pretty good way of ending things. I would be shocked if Sony doesn't try to pursue some kind of alternative to it - they still want that Halo money - but I don't know if the Resistance brand is strong enough to bring back or if they'll create a new IP. My money is on an entirely new shooter IP this coming generation, though probably not at launch.

As to the OP, Resistance 2 and 3's single player campaigns have enough cool moments that I'd definitely check them out. They won't age particularly well, but at this point in time, I think they're plenty of fun for the now-discounted prices. Resistance 2 focuses in more on big cinematic moments than its sequel, but Resistance 3 has the stronger plot and a terrific overall atmosphere. Both play pretty much like sci-fi Call of Duty games, though the weapons are definitely inspired by stuff like Halo.

I never got into Killzone, so I can't help you there. The baddies in it were too hard for me to really spot, so it was never really an option. Sure looks pretty, though.