bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By bwooduhs

http://kotaku.com/5229129/konami-pulls-controversial-iraqi-war-game

Kinda disappointed to be honest. I was a little intrigued to see if they could pull it off. Hopefully it will get a new publisher.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

It was always going to happen. If the game looked stunning, and less like a churned out generic war shooter, I don't think gamers would have kicked up a fuss to anywhere near the degree that they did. 

Konami should quit with these BS attempts at trying to attain more success in the west. if they want that, give us fricking Contra!

http://kotaku.com/5229129/konami-pulls-controversial-iraqi-war-game

NAKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NAKent

Konami couldn't take the pressure.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Uh. It looked like it was going to be incredible. I am disappointed.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

I'm glad to see the game dropped and I hope noone else picks it up.  Not because I was offended, but because the game would be like dozens of others, others which were and will be done better.  Could the game have held up to Modern Warfare 1 or 2?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say NO CHANCE IN HELL.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Endogene
Diamond said:
but because the game would be like dozens of others,
If the cover system works as they say it does then it would be quite different from other 3rd person shooters. I really would like to experience how that game plays.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
Endogene said:
"Diamond said:
If the cover system works as they say it does then it would be quite different from other 3rd person shooters. I really would like to experience how that game plays. "

How did it differ from others?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

They didn't pull it because of the media, they pulled it because of its quality. Pleasing the few sensitive groups that were up in arms about it (which were ridiculous imo) is a side dish for Konami. Anyway, some other publisher will probably pick up the project, saving Atomic Games in your eyes and earning your support, and you can all be happy playing another mediocre war game. It will never deliver on their promises.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene
Linkyshinks said:
"Endogene said:
"Diamond said:
If the cover system works as they say it does then it would be quite different from other 3rd person shooters. I really would like to experience how that game plays. "
How did it differ from others?"
All the cover is supposed to be "realistically" destructible so you would have to move and look for new cover all the time at least that is how i understood it to be.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, Bad Company +Realism++
Meh.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
Endogene said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Endogene said:
"Diamond said:
How did it differ from others?"
All the cover is supposed to be "realistically" destructible so you would have to move and look for new cover all the time at least that is how i understood it to be. "

That has been seen before in a third person shooters, John Woo's Stranglehold comes to mind instantly.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Endogene
Al3xand3r said:
"So, Bad Company +Realism++Meh."
One of the bombcast talked about that in particular actually, they played an early demo of it. Remember them saying that is was not like bad company.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Saying it is far from being so. Still, that oh so awesome realism and seeing it from both sides, and being a survival horror game and not just another shooter, sure was forgotten pretty fast. As soon as the first early previews hit the web, it was NEVER mentioned again and you simply read and saw the same exact things you'd see for any random shooter.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422
Al3xand3r said:
Bad Company had no destruction at all. Smoke and mirrors for the 'destruction', and you couldn't even destroy nearly everything, or certain areas at all. Regardless, it doesn't matter what anyone thought of this game since it doesn't seem to be happening. I kinda don't think it will get picked up, but I wouldn't mind seeing it do so, just to be able to see how it really is. We've played games that have cover in them that is able to be destroyed and force you to move to other spots, I wonder if this would of been any different at all.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NukeGoBoom
pause422 said:
"Al3xand3r said:
Bad Company had no destruction at all. Smoke and mirrors for the 'destruction', and you couldn't even destroy nearly everything, or certain areas at all. Regardless, it doesn't matter what anyone thought of this game since it doesn't seem to be happening. I kinda don't think it will get picked up, but I wouldn't mind seeing it do so, just to be able to see how it really is. We've played games that have cover in them that is able to be destroyed and force you to move to other spots, I wonder if this would of been any different at all."
Then what is real destruction?Red Faction Guerilla?
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Illmatic
Al3xand3r said:
"They didn't pull it because of the media, they pulled it because of its quality. Pleasing the few sensitive groups that were up in arms about it (which were ridiculous imo) is a side dish for Konami. Anyway, some other publisher will probably pick up the project, saving Atomic Games in your eyes and earning your support, and you can all be happy playing another mediocre war game. It will never deliver on their promises."
"After seeing the reaction to the videogame in the United States and hearing opinions sent through phone calls and e-mail, we decided several days ago not to sell it" a Konami spokesperson told Japanese news site Asahi.