Last night's South Park was focused on free-to-play games

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By development

There's probably nothing in it that users of Giant Bomb aren't privy to, but I think it's great for them to showcase this stuff to a gigantic audience. It might seem insignificant, but this is how you spread awareness to tons of young people.

It even goes into "whales" and how they are exploited by the makers of these games.

Watch the episode here.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

edit: and the way this post is formatted, it looks like spam. I assure you I am not a spammer. But my friend's aunt's daughter's deceased cousin made $300 working from home.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really appreciated that they got beyond mocking the surface-level ripoffs that permeate mobile free-to-play and covered the shitty undercurrent of psychological manipulation that goes into many of these games' construction. Also, the parroting of lines you'll hear from in-house economists about how "people wouldn't be paying if they didn't enjoy the experience."

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It was fucking beautiful. Essential viewing if you're a gamer or a South Park fan.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZolRoyce

Saw it, thought it was great (one of the few good episodes this season thus far in my opinion)

It didn't show me anything new, but it presented what I already knew wonderfully, was a funny episode (I loved the dump trucks with the square wheels) and hopefully showed people who didn't know about free to play, how scummy it can be and mostly is.

My dad kept seeing a commercial for a free to play game (forget which one, the commercial is generally light hearted with skeletons and a wizard with an afro, usually says something about 'you and this army') and he questioned me on how it could be free and a I gave a basic explanation but this really outdid me and good for them.
Also as a Canadian I just love the episodes that come to Canada and are just so absurd with it and the way they use Canada to mock the British. "This is a sad day for Canada, therefore, the world."

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Yeah I thought that dump truck was hilarious. I love dumb shit like that.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

man, I always fall off of South Park like every 3 years and then come back to go "this is still good."

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The clarity of the explanation of how freemium works was great.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It's good to know that South Park is still alright. That alcohol ad was amazing.