• 54 results
ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ShadyPingu

I imagine there are technical, logistical and quality-of-life reasons that most GB livestreams tend to fall near the end of their work day.

I'm curious, for duders outside of North America, what times would be ideal for you that are also achievable for the GB crew?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RonGalaxy

You'd, basically, be asking them to stay up 24 hours to accommodate every time zone, which is ridiculous. They live in California and they don't want to work crazy hours so they work a normal work day. Its a bummer if their schedule doesn't line up with your time zone, but there really isn't anything that can change that.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Years of staying up literally all night and watching the sun rise behind me during the E3 conferences and live shows have put the relatively civil hours of the other live shows into perspective.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By btrdeadthanred

So they should start a stream at 2am to convenience people in a different time zone? Be realistic.

I'm on Australian Central Standard time and I understand. If GB was hosted in england I'd say the same thing. Its unfortunate, but bad luck.

They stream when its convenient for their schedule, and if they want to serve beer and have a party they'll be streaming at a time appropriate for that.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Rebel_Scum

I think its a ridiculous request to make in the first place. There are so many different time zones so which time is convenient? And as others said before do you expect them to work at 4am or start work at 9pm just for a 2-4 hour show? Not to mention the extra hours for prep.

That being said I'm in the same boat as the OP, the shows are usually never on when I can see them live due to the time zone but idk, for me its not the end of the world.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csl316 said:

Bombin' the AM was probably the biggest departure from regular times that they would take. They work a regular work day, so their content will hit during that time.

Later in the day makes sense because people are getting home from work and school. I'm right in the middle of the US, although it's rare for me to catch stuff live. But I can deal with that with the speedy uploads.

Yeah, it would actually be kinda cool if Vinny and Alex resurrected Bombin' the AM, and did a live morning podcast, because that morning EST stream was probably the most friendly to those in Europe and Asia who otherwise can't watch much of the afternoon PST streams that GB West does.

I think that was part of their reasoning, as well. Try to shift up the time for other regions.

They're aware of the problem, but the structure and staffing of GB makes it difficult to appease everyone.

Still, when I really wanted to watch live Starcraft matches, I'd occasionally stay up til 2 or 3 am to do so (granted, I was unemployed at the time!)