• 46 results
#1 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

Now, I've played Alpha Protocol something like 7 times but each playthrough only takes, what, 8 hours? 8-10? that's not a big deal. However, if you play a longer, more dense RPG twice it's a little bit more impressive.

tbh I don't really count new vegas because I beat that game really quickly the first time, something like 10-12 hours... or skyrim or whatever. You can beat those games in under 3 hours if you want to. Not to say you can't count them ofc.

anyway, for me it's probably either Persona 4 (2 times, total time like 150 or something) or Final Fantasy 12 (which I'm replaying now and doing all the side content, so that may turn out to be longer)

#2 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas. I played it shortly after release and completed all of the main quests and a majority of the side quests...85-90 hours. Then, after a little break from gaming, I picked it up with all the DLC and sunk another 100+ hours into it. I don't regret it in the least and taking 4 breaks from the Mojave Wasteland on my way to Hoover Dam was nice. (Also, the story the 4 DLC's tell is pretty amazing..)

#3 Posted by Milkman (16540 posts) -

I'm not someone who replays games but I played through Dragon Age: Origins about 2 and a half times, doing all the side stuff.

That game is real good.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14414 posts) -

Probably City of Heroes. Played that game for months on end from when it came out to when it ended. I would literally get up in the morning and not log off until midnight for weeks at a time. Would have loved to see my time played on my account just to put it in perspective.

If we are not counting MMO's, probably Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 or Command and Conquer: Renegade. I would spend days messing with the rules.ini files in Red Alert 2 to remake the game how I pleased. And Renegade was the first shooter that got me hooked. Makes me sad to see that no one has really copied the gameplay from that game as it was so much fun. The RTS element of defending bases, attacking enemies, and taking out certain buildings affecting the tide of battles was so much fun. It made every map different and fun and allowed you to just keep replaying the same maps over and over because it was never the same.

#5 Posted by Nodima (1110 posts) -

I mean...when I was a kid, I beat FF8 about 15 times (I had a full memory card dedicated to FF8 saves) and a good third of those were probably 100 hour campaigns, with most clocking 50-70 hours.

So, I mean...kid life. I can't even imagine that now, and the weird thing is most of my childhood memories are set outside of a house!

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36062 posts) -

Does Kingdom Hearts count if I've played it a shitload of times?

#7 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -
#8 Posted by super2j (1654 posts) -

Right before i was old enough to just buy/rent all the games I wanted I replayed Kingdom heart 2 multiple times. And as soon as that was over it never happened again except for MGS3, which is special to me and therefore kinda doens't count in my mind.

#10 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Well i played a crapload of skyrim, though i've beaten the game twice, but that meants almost nothing really.

I beat dragon age origins 3 times. I beat fallout 2 like over a dozen times. MAN fallout 2.....

Oh and i beat the witcher 2 twice in like a two week span, that was crazy.

#12 Posted by afabs515 (1013 posts) -

Persona 4, without a doubt. I had like 75 hours on my first playthrough. One of my saves has 450 hours listed.

#13 Edited by armaan8014 (5333 posts) -

The Witcher 1! About 100 hrs both time. Loved that game twice and still remains an all - time favorite of mine.

#14 Posted by Killroycantkill (1385 posts) -

I've played Final Fantasy XII two or three times. All the time trying to get that stupid Zodiac Spear, but it never happened. T_T

Should be noted that it is my favourite Final Fantasy, so that's why.

#15 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@killroycantkill said:

I've played

Final Fantasy XII

two or three times. All the time trying to get that stupid Zodiac Spear, but it never happened. T_T

Should be noted that it is my favourite Final Fantasy, so that's why.

I got zodiac spear my first time through, I decided not to this run because it was a little broken

(also it's my favorite too what up)

#16 Posted by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -

Played through FFT 3 times, each playthrough around 180 hours IIRC.

#17 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

It would have to be the first Mass Effect game. I think I played about 6 times. Some play-through I chose different dialogues options the rest I just did the same as my first run. Every run I talked to everyone I could....I just couldn't get enough of the story.

#18 Posted by elko84 (1046 posts) -

Mass Effect 1

#19 Edited by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

I am usually not one to replay games but I have gone through inFamous 2 like 5 times, Jak and Daxter a lot (like 5 too I think?), Uncharted 2 like 4 or 5 times, Heavy Rain like 3 or 4 times all the way through, and Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2 a bunch of times on PS2 (enough times to completely buy and upgrade all the weapons except the gold one). That is about it. Whichever one of those is longest.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

If MMOs don't count, I would have to say either Persona 4, Dragon Age: Origins or The Witcher 2.

If MMOs do count, I got 15 characters to max level by the time I quit WoW. That's over the course of nearly 8 years.

#21 Edited by Elwoodan (766 posts) -

I've played through Tales of Symphonia 1+2, Graces, and Xillia twice each and probably will again with Xillia 2 and the rerelease of Symphonia (if it makes it to the states)

#22 Posted by BisonHero (6219 posts) -

I replayed Skies of Arcadia, and I replayed Knights of the Old Republic once. My playthroughs are very thorough, but I'm not sure which of those shakes out as the longer game.

#23 Edited by Viking_Funeral (1738 posts) -

Dragon Age: Origins. I've beat it twice, including all the additional content. Three times if we're only counting the main game. Main was, what... 40+ hours? About 60-70 with the additional content.

I can't think of many RPGs I've finished more than once that are longer. Mmmmmaybe the full Baldur's Gate trilogy, but I don't know if I'd count that as one game.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

You can optimize your path through a lot of lengthy games on subsequent playthroughs. At this point, I can probably get through any given Fire Emblem game in less than 10 hours and the same goes for a lot of the RPGs that I hold dear. If we're counting open-ended games that don't technically "end", it's Oblivion because I made quite a few characters for that game in various states of completion and in. If we're talking more traditional fare, I guess maybe Baldur's Gate or Final Fantasy V? If I were to theoretically finish this PC Dragon Age Origins playthrough, that would be the answer because that game is massive.

If the question was "What game have you replayed the most?" the answer would probably be Might and Magic VII or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

Persona 3 I've played 3 times. That's probably the longest. I've also beat every Final Fantasy between 4-13 at least twice, also Tactics. I've done Dragon Age: Origins about 5 times. Fire Emblem's 7 8 9 and 10 all got at least 2 playthroughs apiece too.

#26 Edited by BeachThunder (11711 posts) -

>_> Does getting Golden God in Binding of Isaac, resetting my game and then getting Platinum God count? No, okay, nevermind then :(

#27 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Fallout 2, 3 and New Vegas. Latter two few times and the first... I don't even know 5?

#28 Posted by Flappy (2139 posts) -

Ah, yes. The RPG whose second disk revolves around a chair, a spotlight, and a moody character. I have fond memories of that game, but that second disk is a real bummer.

I think the game that I spent the most time with is P4. Between the original and Golden, I have like 200 hours in Inaba. After that, it might be Final Fantasy VII or quite possibly Pokemon Red/Silver. I can't begin to tell you how many times I started over my Red Version, pick a different starter, beat the game, then do it all over again with a different Pokemon.

I was fuckin' insane as a kid.

#29 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1463 posts) -

Well, I've played each Mass Effect game like 7 times, but those are only like 30-40 hours if you do everything. I guess Dragon Age Origins would be the longest game I've played twice, though my second playthrough was only 60 hours compared to 85 in my first (including Awakening and the DLC). I also put like 75 hours into a second character in Oblivion several years after I finished up playing on my main character (which was about 175 hours).

EDIT: Forgot to mention Ocarina of Time, which I've completed like 15 times (no exaggeration). The first playthrough in that game probably takes 30+ hours, but I can complete that game in like 10 very easily.

#30 Posted by eatatwhiteys (65 posts) -

Replayed the original mass effect about 6 times to get all the achievements. Was no chore though, still one of my all time favourite games, even with the stiff combat mechanics and whatnot.

#31 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I've played through Persona 3 three times. I love it.

#32 Edited by SubwayD (477 posts) -

Not sure how or why, but I played the GTA4 story to completion 3 times. That is a long-ass game. D:

Also, pretty sure I've gone through the first Mass Effect at least three times times and Fallout 3 twice.

#33 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2460 posts) -

All RPGs where it makes a difference with the exception of Dragon Age Origins. My initial play-through was so memorable and satisfying that I simply don't feel the need to play it again.

#34 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

SO:TTEOT

That game is long as balls, especially if you consider I got all of the battle trophies 3 times.

#36 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

My replay-count for FFX is currently in double figures. But other than that, I rarely replay other games. Although, my play-time for most games is usually way above most other players as I like to play games slowly, and meticulously decide my every move mechanically; while enriching myself in the art, world, music and lore of the game (if I see a person I can talk to, I will talk to them even if all they will say is tutorial messages). This amounted to my first (an only) playthrough of Dark Souls being over 300 hours. And it even happens in much more linear games such as Bioshock Infinite with took me 18 hours to finish which most people say is an 8-12 hour game. (I got almost every voxophone without a walkthrough)

#37 Posted by Marokai (2811 posts) -

Persona 3 I've played through to completion twice, and recently started a third playthrough of it. That game is outrageously long.

#38 Posted by mosespippy (4044 posts) -

I replay a lot of games.

• I just started my 4th play through of Persona 4 (2 on PS2, 2 on Vita) and each of those tends to take me 125 hours.
  • I've beaten Valkyria Chronicles 6 or 7 times
  • I've beaten Borderlands 8 or 9 times
  • I've 100% completed Vice City 9 times
  • I've beaten Valkyria Chronicles 2 and it's end game content in Japanese (300 hours) and English (200 hours)
  • I've beaten Dark Souls twice and am half way through with 3 other characters.
  • My game clock for FFXII once I beat it and completed every side quest and objective was 299:56. Then I watched my girlfriend play it.
#39 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

Probably Persona 3 which I have completed about 4 times.

#40 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

Probably Persona 3 which I have completed about 4 times.

#41 Posted by Fattony12000 (7073 posts) -
#42 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -
  • Arkham Asylum - 4 times
  • Arkham City - 4 times
  • Mass Effect - 4 times
  • Uncharted 2 - 4 or 5
  • Call of Duty 4 - 7 or 8
  • Pokemon Gen 1 and 2 - Countless
#43 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

I've beaten Baldur's Gate 2 at least a dozen times, generally doing all of the side content too depending on character alignment and party make up.

That's many hundreds of hours I'd say.

#44 Posted by Rebel_Scum (640 posts) -

I must've played Final Fantasy VII through to the end at least 8 times.

Also Mass Effect 1 I've clocked 5 times. Easily the best in the series imo.

#45 Posted by me3639 (1728 posts) -

@oginor said:

Fallout: New Vegas. I played it shortly after release and completed all of the main quests and a majority of the side quests...85-90 hours. Then, after a little break from gaming, I picked it up with all the DLC and sunk another 100+ hours into it. I don't regret it in the least and taking 4 breaks from the Mojave Wasteland on my way to Hoover Dam was nice. (Also, the story the 4 DLC's tell is pretty amazing..)

Im actually going through it again, missed all the DLC first time, with about 6 amazing mods attached. Completely different and better experience IMO. Damn, its good.

#47 Posted by altairre (1130 posts) -

Dragon Age: Origins is probably the longest game I've replayed. I spend more time replaying Mass Effect games though. Played the first one three times, the second one five times and the thrid one three times. They're pretty good.

#48 Posted by Christoffer (1759 posts) -

I have a hard time coming up with games I actually played through multiple times. But I think Diablo 3 is one of the longer ones. I usually intend to play games more than once but I always lose interest in the second run through and quit.

#49 Posted by UngratefulDead (68 posts) -

Persona 4 easily, though Mass Effect is also pretty high on the list of long games I've replayed several times.

#50 Posted by HermanBloom (94 posts) -

I think Suikoden 2 is the only game I have re-played more then once. So that. Guess that would probably total close to 100 hours.