#1 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

If you have not guessed from the title, I am looking for a group of people who would be up for starting a games/pop-culture podcast.

I used to be part of a weekly podcast that was made up of tested/giantbomb followers and we had a lot of fun discussing various topics on a weekly basis. Unfortunately we had to stop due to life commitments.

So I am looking for anyone that can jump on Skype, be charismatic on a mic and have a good conversation.

So a little about me. I am a 27 year old dude, from London UK, who loves games and all things geeky. I have an Xbox One, PC and PS3, but also love board/card games.

I often see people that are interested in doing a podcast, so if you are send me a message on here, comment below or hit me up on twitter @vivekrughani.

#2 Edited by Fattony12000 (7269 posts) -

@vivek:

1. I am a Human Man.
  2. I live in The England.
  3. I want An Pod Cast.
#3 Edited by MarkJW (118 posts) -

Skype's neat, but Mumble lets 'ya record every speaker on their own track (Skype downmixes audio to 2 channel, in and out).

I'd be up for doing this podcast though. Here's my current podcast production, if you'd like some proof of non-insanity:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-archeage-report/id635126372?mt=2

:D

#4 Posted by President_Barackbar (3448 posts) -

I'm TOTALLY interested in this, I used to do a college radio show about video games and I've missed it ever since I graduated.

#5 Posted by Fattony12000 (7269 posts) -

Yes, defo use Mumble. So much better audio quality and flexibility/reliability for editing.

#6 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

@vivek: I would be super interested, I'm a australian game design student and pop-culture nerd who loves podcasts and has unsuccessfully tried to start some in the past.

#7 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

Hey All thanks for the replies. Message me your Skype/Mumble ID's and I will set up a call for a time appropriate for people this week.

#8 Edited by johncallahan (555 posts) -

Sounds like a pretty full crew already, but if you are in need of someone else I've spent many hours of my life talking into microphones about video games.

#9 Posted by Vasta_Narada (441 posts) -

Sounds like a pretty full crew already, but if you are in need of someone else I've spent many hours of my life talking into microphones about video games.

Ditto. I do Let's Plays when time allows, so I'm used to talking into mics (tangentially) about videogames. If you need me, my Skype is reki_wylls. Don't yet have Mumble.

#10 Edited by Bloodlines (172 posts) -

If you need anymore folk, even if it looks full already. I'm up for it, love podcasts and videogames. Don't have mumble at the moment, but here's my skype: indianaiv

#11 Posted by Narx (173 posts) -

I currently run myself a french video games blog all the way in Quebec City! My english is pretty good tough so send me a PM if your looking for a canadian correspondant!

#12 Posted by JuggertrainUK (200 posts) -

I'm in!

#13 Posted by Bipa (82 posts) -

Shot you a message before but if you still need people my skype is mark.bipa.

#14 Posted by hunterzolomon (182 posts) -

i record both podcasts i do multiverse 5 that covers comics, movies, tv, video games and prowrestling, and the tiny tights show which is a all wrestling podcast using google hangouts. it records everything then i just dl the mp4 and rip the audio using audacity and clean it up add a little post and publish

#15 Posted by Azurath (294 posts) -

I don't mean to hi-jack, but if you already have enough people, I have been thinking about doing something like a podcast. If people are interested, and you didn't make the deadline for this thread, you could DM and we could talk.

If you still have room though OP, I guess I will throw my hat in the ring. I'm a dude, 18, and from USA! USA! USA! so I don't know how well I would mesh with a 27 year old (who knows maybe it would be great).

#16 Edited by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

With everyone being so interested, the thing that kind of makes you unique could be having people that watch while you live stream and you invite to join in, like callers, to voice their opinions and keeps the conversation going. So if you can get a live stream with a way for people to request call-ins, that'd be something very community driven.

#17 Posted by ultraspacemobile (63 posts) -

Curious--I tried doing a video game podcast once, but never could figure out how to market it. Do you already have an audience in mind?

#18 Posted by MarkJW (118 posts) -
@vivek said:

Hey All thanks for the replies. Message me your Skype/Mumble ID's and I will set up a call for a time appropriate for people this week.

Mumble doesn't have IDs. You just set up a server and people come to it, like TS or Vent (but better). :D

#19 Edited by Vivek (517 posts) -

@ultraspacemobile: @hurricaneivan29: @azurath: @hunterzolomon: @hunterzolomon: @narx: @johncallahan: @lydian_sel: @president_barackbar: @fattony12000: @markjw:

Ok dudes. There looks like a good amount of interest. Hit me up on Skype, that way we can have a chat a figure out everyones strengths and try and put together a crew. I totally agree about mumble and had a play with it yesterday, but may require some of your expertise for production use.

My Skype is: vivekrughani

Just state that your from Giantbomb in the add.

#20 Posted by Rejizzle (286 posts) -

@Vivek: This seems really cool. I've only done a couple Let's Plays but if you ever need a 1, 2, an eleventh chair let me know. Skype's rejean_lagasse.

#21 Posted by ottoman673 (498 posts) -

I've been PMing back and forth with another user about this same idea, you could definitely throw myself into this hat. In the past, I've helped start a podcast that has been running for three years now, which I no longer host due to obligations and scheduling issues getting weird at the time. But I've got more time now, and would love to sit down behind a mic once more! I'll drop you a PM later

#22 Posted by Crembaw (353 posts) -

I am a normal man. Being on a podcast is my life dream.

I have very low aspirations in life. Plus also I messaged you on Skype. I doubt you need anybody else judging by the thread responses, but still, my dumb voice is here if you need it.

#23 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

@crembaw said:

I am a normal man. Being on a podcast is my life dream.

I have very low aspirations in life. Plus also I messaged you on Skype. I doubt you need anybody else judging by the thread responses, but still, my dumb voice is here if you need it.

Every podcast needs a "realist" ;)

#24 Posted by bemusedchunk (681 posts) -

Can Vinny edit your podcast?

#25 Edited by MarkJW (118 posts) -

Sent you a request on skype, from k4iser.wilhelm. ;)

#26 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

If you're still interested a month or two down the line, I would love to give it a shot. I just purchased a Blue Yeti Pro, but my main computer malfunctioned and I'm building a new one. I hope to have it relatively soon!

#27 Posted by Aristotled (31 posts) -

Hmmm, could be interesting to see how it works out. If there's enough interest maybe even rotate people in. Get some different perspectives, unless you just strike gold with a certain group

#28 Posted by ultraspacemobile (63 posts) -

When I searched for you on Skype, two different names came up, both in the UK. Is that normal? Do you answer to both?

#29 Posted by sccdemir (83 posts) -

Turkish correspondent here, if you ever, for some reason, need to know what's going on in the ever-changing exciting world of Turkish video games.

#30 Edited by PolyesterKyle (137 posts) -

It's definitely something I enjoy doing (a lot actually), but as it turns out, I'm not British enough or cool enough. Only half British and half cool and it just don't cut it anymore. I sit in on a few shows here and there but I'm not really a regular anywhere but my own YouTube channel. Anyway, if by some streak of horrible luck nobody else in the world is able to fulfill your "calling all duders", I'd be more than happy to lend a helping voice. Either way, best of luck to you guys!

Also if anyone feels like skyping just for shits and gigs sometime that would be totally okay too. Welcomed even!