Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bossthecall

Yeah! Turning 19 by very soon!

How does this happened? No idea!

I Used to be ultra-big fan of Action FPS Games, Battlefield, COD, Crysis.. But i was poor was not able to afford BIG Gaming PC, just played games with low-end patches and on lowest possible but still enjoyed em Fully! i will say it was my hobby!.. Since 3 Months i have no interest in gaming at all where i used to play 3-6 hour straight games, now i cant even play for more for more then 15-20 minutes, i just just get boored.. i always had dream to get an amazing PC.. This fullfilled few months back, Sadly i had lost all the intrest of gaming before it... This Month Got GTA V enjoyed somewhat completed one heist feelt Utter Boored. Deleted.., Feeling Odd, does it happen to any of you?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've had that. With me it's just if I've had too much free time and played too many. Like suddenly there's no time to play a game and any moment you get to play that game that you've had you're eye on is way too short. And then finally you get the time to binge that game and your backlog games and then you're replaying shit for the 10th time and are just complete burned, even on new stuff, because now you've had too much time. I guess it happens. You think maybe you're just burned out? Could be a good time to take a break, save what you're not enjoying now for when you think you can enjoy it.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It happens but I don't stop to think about it, I just do whatever else I feel like doing at that moment. I've had others ask me why I suddenly stopped doing a thing they know I enjoyed and I never have a good answer, I really don't think about it. Just do whatever feels right for that moment, seems simple to me.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah it happens to me all of the time. I try not to force myself to play anything if I don't want to. And then a few weeks or a month later I'll finish like two or three games in a week. Just play when you want to play and don't when you don't. Don't be a slave to your hobby.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It happened to me for about 6 or 7 years, then circumstances changed again and I got back on the horse.

Life happens. :)

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rebel_Scum

I went off gaming for years in my early twenties. Pretty much skipped most of the PS2/GameCube era and the early part of last gen. In saying that I still played 8 bit and 16 bit games during that time but very rarely.

How do I fell about it? Felt good man.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I often go 1-2 months at a time with minimal interest in actually playing games although I continue to enjoy all of GB's content. Then all of a sudden one day I'll get the urge to play again and find myself marathoning through several games in quick succession. No point forcing yourself to play if you don't feel like it.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Zereta

Same here. It happened for a bit and then Witcher 3 entered my life, with Arkham Knight after. Back to having no interest.

Mind you, no interest in my case means I just don't feel like playing games. Video game content, news, videos still excite me, interest me.

Can't wait till this holiday. Halo 5, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Battlefront, Nathan Drake Collection. Gonna be good.

serius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really fell out of it in my early 20's as well. Got into partying and various other stuff and the games fell to the side. Eventually my life settled down and with that came the hunger again. It happens a fair bit from what I have seen so don't worry. I actually think it happens more these days because of stuff like GB because you can still get tonnes of great gaming content without having to play anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's a point with all entertainment media where just nothing presented is exciting anymore. Given how many similar things the big games go for these days, it's actually a really beneficial thing to take an extended break from time to time, both for your future gaming enjoyment and your personal life. I'd rather have long periods of no games so I can appreciate them down the road. Also, it's important to live your life. There can be a lot more out there than games.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It happens. Then it comes back.

Don't force yourself to play stuff if you're in a down phase.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Never completely but my interest comes and goes sometimes.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped the entire ps2 generation because I couldn't stand gaming for a while.

Came back in 2009 with renewed enthusiasm and had an amazing backlog to go through.

Stopping for a while can be a blessing in disguise.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're growing up

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

When I was younger I felt the need to keep up with everything and it resulted in a lot of fatigue from binge playing. Now I play one game at a time and it can take me over a month to finish it. Since that switch I have found my interest is pretty constant.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Nope, that's never happened to me

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try not to overthink it too much. Just do whatever sounds good. If that happens to not be video games, so be it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The passion comes and goes and repeats again

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have lost all interest before too. I've just been playing/watching Life Is Strange for about 5 hours or something every two months, and recently I have been playing FFX once or twice a week. Although I no longer allow myself games on my computer (I fear I'll rage-smash it), I think games like Minecraft and Counterstrike are great because they provide a satisfactory experience which can be enjoyed for as long as you want to play and then you can neglect them for any amount of time, be it hours, months, or even years; and then you can go back and continue enjoying them (unless they close your account from inactivity...).

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go on a roadtrip.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Sometimes you just move on for a bit. In a few months or a year or so, you'll probably find some games you wanna play. Or, you might not. In the meantime, you can find some other fun things to do. Heck, maybe read a darn book or two.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CByrne

@bossthecall: The more important question is, does anything else in life give you the same joy as games once did? If so, that's fine. You've found a new hobby and you should focus on that. However, if everything else has become boring and you just in general don't want to do anything, that's a sign depression. That's okay to, just be honest with yourself and ask questions. Just figure out what's going on and try to focus on what enthralls you.

As said, it cycles. I was heavy in the PS2 era and kind of skipped early to late-mid 360 and ps3 because life and depression got in the way. I have the new consoles and had some fun last year, but I've slowed down again mostly because depression is coming by and saying hi. I've really only played Forza and Destiny this year because it's a social thing with friends and that's what makes it fun for me.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

As happened to me, sometimes its having to much choice or its simply being indecisive on what I want to play. I recommend trying a new hobby or something entirely different (drawing, coding, learning new skill/language) anything that feels like a split away from gaming. That or try a new genre, something you wouldn't usually play or consider. Some of the best gaming memories I've had in recent years have been with games I hadn't heard of or expecting to play.

For some reason I find I can't play a game for hours at a time nowadays, except if I lose track of time in a game I'm really enjoying (most recently happened with Arkham Knight). Not sure if I feel guilt for playing something for so long or I've got into the habit of taking more substantial breaks away from a game. Still, gaming habits do change.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By Atwa

Take a long break, or try something completely new that you aren't used to playing.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on summer break from college and I often have days where I'm sitting in front of my PC (which is also where all my consoles are) and I wouldn't play any games at all, even if I was sitting in the room all day and night. I think to myself, yeah I'll look at my list of games and choose one to play in a little while but more often than not I just end up looking at dumb shit online or watching movies and reading. I put in GTA 5 the other day and after close to an hour of installing patches and updates I just said "f*ck it" and turned it off. That's the extent of my gaming for the past week.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't play anything between FarCry 4 in November and The Witcher 3 in May, it happens!

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a similar stint, 3-4 years back. But I was going through a bad break up and had a hard time enjoying anything at all. It will most likely come back, once you find a game that really draws you in. I feel like the gaming climate now has never been more diverse. Even if some people would have you believe otherwise. Maybe try a different kind of game than what you usually play, I recommend Life is Strange or Witcher 3.

southbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By southbound

I think it happens to most of us and there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread (don't force it!).

One that worked for me was unplugging from staring at a screen and getting into boardgames. Many of the new boardgames are very 'video-gamey' but have a distinct spin and offer much different experience on a social and spatial interaction level. Hell, there are even MOBA boardgames now :| After playing boardgames for a bit, I realized what I really liked in a game no matter the medium and it helped me get back into video games a bit, but probably never as hardcore again.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

My gaming habits definitely favor games in which I can just play for 15-30 minutes instead of 4 hour marathons. And sometimes I go a week or two without playing any games. Your desire to play games will probably come back.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ripelivejam

"Turning 19..."

Ha ha!!!

Hah!

Seriously though young whippersnapper, you're either going through a brief phase that is deluding you into thinking it's some huge existential crisis, or your tastes are developing/changing and you're simply moving on. Don't sweat it and find something else if you want to occupy your time regardless. Not to be too ageist but i'm pretty confident it's the former.

Hah.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just go with the flow. Don't think too hard about it. If it frustrates you that your favorite hobby isn't currently grabbing you, don't dwell on it. Do something else for a while. It'll come back naturally after some time, or much time, or maybe it won't come back at all. Who knows? In that time off, you may find you'll enjoy something you've never even thought about. This may be a crazy thing to say for more reasons than one, but you don't have to play video games.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By matatat

I think it's just the type of games I'm into these days. I spend a decent amount of time playing coop games and I've been playing a lot more handheld games as well. But I haven't really played any console games and the games that I've been wanting to play lately are just random things to fuck around with. I also feel more drawn to super concise experiences (like 2-4 hours).

vrj_rrls_2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop playing and find something else to do the itch will come back maybe