Lost Planet 2 Announced, Gameplay Shown.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss

Well, I fired up my XBOX this morning (er, afternoon) to find a "Capcom Special Announcement" under the Spotlight tab (it also claims that it is an XBOX 360 exclusive... Whether that is true and for how long I can't judge). Curiously I clicked, with great interest I watched. The opening scene is of some developer dude explaining what you're about to see without actually saying it. Anyway, none of that matters.

As soon as I saw the bleak, snowy landscape and the somewhat-anonymous looking soldiers all bundled up for the long winter, I knew we were dealing with Lost Planet 2.

Alright, enough with the dramatics. The game looks pretty much like its predecessor with some interesting changes and enhancements here and there. I understand the campaign will now be co-op and, from the footage, fighting those gigantic hoobie-whaties with your pals looks to be a God of War style blast, with players actually scaling the gargantuan beasts with their handy-dandy grappling hooks to deliver what I assume will be the coup de grace. The campaign will also be told from the points of view of its multiple protagonists who all hail from different "thermal pirate" factions. So. That's cool.

Multi-player is of course intact and brings a couple of new elements to it like the Boomshield-esque cover device shown in the trailer, which one player carries and plants; it then expands into a full blown metal wall, providing enough cover for the holder and two of his pals. You can of course then pick it up and be on your way. The more interesting one though, is a Fear 2-esque mecha that seems destined for multi-player, which features a cockpit to hold the pilot of said destructobot, but also two side-carriages with integrated cover so, again, two of the pilot's pals can ride along (and shoot. I forgot to mention they can shoot.).

Anyway, aside from the trailer no release date is given, and the devs claim this will be the most we'll be hearing about it for a while, but judging from how polished the gameplay already is (forgot to mention that 90% of the trailer is in-game footage), I can't imagine we'll be seeing Lost Planet 2 any later than 2010.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Talk about improving your graphics, damn.  I guess these great graphical games are just slightly ahead of the curve.
Lost Planet looks pretty much on par with Gears/MGS4

As far as the game goes though, I think it's safe to say they really focused on making it what next gen should be---> no weird wire frame boxes and kickass animation

I rented the LP1 a while back and liked it although it felt sort of repeditive by the end.  They really need more and more inventive mechs as well as some nicer shooting mechanics.  I've been meaning to pick up Colonies Edition for some time.
Should be rather good.  This is definately a sequel though, it doesn't suffer from the same thing with new levels thing that some of Capcom's games have suffered from.  DMC4 is still good and I'm sure RE5 will be too, but they aren't really evolving series, just one that gets more updates to pass it as modern.  Still great games though

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

I played most of the first LP, and it was alright.  I never was really excited for a sequel though.  I'll probably rent this too when it comes out hopefully it will be pretty fun.  It should at least be a little better since all the levels aren't covered in ice and snow.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I liked the original but they should have used much better video quality in this trailer thats why it looked so bad if we had a good quality it would look better.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

For those who haven't seen it:

The trailer features actual in-game footage, which looks goddamn AMAZING.  There will be a sprint/roadie run type of thing, so you won't have that slow pace from the first game the entire time.  There's a much bigger scale to everything, including the boss fight they show off in the trailer (which looks fucking OUTSTANDING).

Overall, I've gotta say that I'm thoroughly happy with what I've seen, as it does address a lot of what fans were asking for.  Again, I know a dood that only plays Lost Planet: Colonies.  Literally.  Only game he ever plays.  He saw this trailer and freaked out!

The only problem that I have is that is seems a bit much like Gears of War...but I'm sure that it will still feel like Lost Planet more than anything.

There is also a nice interview at the back half of the trailer, and it specifically says that the game will be co-op.  That psyches me up more than anything.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Oh yeah should add i think 360 exclusive ment the trailer and announcement were 360 exclusive or something like that.
Since it was all ready admitted to being multiplatform in janurary Famitsu.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Oh yeah should add i think 360 exclusive ment the trailer and announcement were 360 exclusive or something like that.
Since it was all ready admitted to being multiplatform in janurary Famitsu."
Yeah, that's got me kind of curious too.  The first game was 360 exclusive, but Capcom's been on a kick to take everything multiplatform.  Yet, the trailer and announcement say 360 exclusive...so it begs the question of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!  lol

Doesn't matter, though...I'll still be getting it on day 1!
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Oh yeah should add i think 360 exclusive ment the trailer and announcement were 360 exclusive or something like that.
Yeah, that's got me kind of curious too.  The first game was 360 exclusive, but Capcom's been on a kick to take everything multiplatform.  Yet, the trailer and announcement say 360 exclusive...so it begs the question of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!  lol

Doesn't matter, though...I'll still be getting it on day 1!
"
Me too but i don't remember seeing it say 360 exclusive in the trailer it self just the tag line on xbox live.
If you could point that out for me jakob.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
WilliamRLBaker said:
"jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

Doesn't matter, though...I'll still be getting it on day 1!"
Me too but i don't remember seeing it say 360 exclusive in the trailer it self just the tag line on xbox live.
If you could point that out for me jakob."
Oh, by no means am I yelling "360 exclusive".  I read that Famitsu article as well.  I just think it's interesting that there's no confirmation to come along with the trailer, yet the trailer only came out and got announced over XBL and not PSN.

That's why I'm saying, I want to know what the fuck is going on!  lol  No insults on this today, as we apparently have a common thread here of support for Lost Planet.  = D  If this is going to be 360 exclusive, it would be nice to know...because it would be an interesting step for Capcom to take after all this multiplatform shifting in the last couple of years with previously exclusive IPs.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

Doesn't matter, though...I'll still be getting it on day 1!"
If you could point that out for me jakob."
Oh, by no means am I yelling "360 exclusive".  I read that Famitsu article as well.  I just think it's interesting that there's no confirmation to come along with the trailer, yet the trailer only came out and got announced over XBL and not PSN.

That's why I'm saying, I want to know what the fuck is going on!  lol  No insults on this today, as we apparently have a common thread here of support for Lost Planet.  = D  If this is going to be 360 exclusive, it would be nice to know...because it would be an interesting step for Capcom to take after all this multiplatform shifting in the last couple of years with previously exclusive IPs.
"
O okay i misread it wrong then cause i recognize the 360 exclusive tag on NXE vidoe and every thing but thought you were saying that it said somewhere in the trailer/video as being 360 exclusive.

And yes i want this game too.