Memory?

SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SonicBomb

Ok guys so i have a Xbox360 which is broken because of the imbecilic 3 red lights. So i want to know if i buy a new 360 system will my memory for my other games still be save?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Are you asking if you buy a new Xbox 360 (why buy a new one, just ship it out, it is free), and if you attach your old HDD to the 360 you buy (I'm assuming you are buying one without a HDD), will it have all of the saves? The answer is yes.

SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SonicBomb
Karmum said:
"Are you asking if you buy a new Xbox 360 (why buy a new one, just ship it out, it is free), and if you attach your old HDD to the 360 you buy (I'm assuming you are buying one without a HDD), will it have all of the saves? The answer is yes."
Oh i shipped out they sent it back because i open it to try to fix it myself. Yes i'm buying the wireless one. Will it save on that one as well? Thanks.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karmum
SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
"Are you asking if you buy a new Xbox 360 (why buy a new one, just ship it out, it is free), and if you attach your old HDD to the 360 you buy (I'm assuming you are buying one without a HDD), will it have all of the saves? The answer is yes."
Oh i shipped out they sent it back because i open it to try to fix it myself. Yes i'm buying the wireless one. Will it save on that one as well? Thanks."
Oh, I see. I'm pretty sure you can go to places aside shipping to to Microsoft to get it repaired. But you plan on buying one without the HDD?

...you are asking if the one you are buying (without the HDD), will save? As long as you have a HDD attached (or a memory card), it should save, regardless of what console version you have.
SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SonicBomb
Karmum said:
"SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
Oh i shipped out they sent it back because i open it to try to fix it myself. Yes i'm buying the wireless one. Will it save on that one as well? Thanks."
Oh, I see. I'm pretty sure you can go to places aside shipping to to Microsoft to get it repaired. But you plan on buying one without the HDD?

...you are asking if the one you are buying (without the HDD), will save? As long as you have a HDD attached (or a memory card), it should save, regardless of what console version you have."
Yes, thanks. So the HDD is the memory?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karmum
SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
"SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:

...you are asking if the one you are buying (without the HDD), will save? As long as you have a HDD attached (or a memory card), it should save, regardless of what console version you have."
Yes, thanks. So the HDD is the memory?"
Yes, the HDD is one type of memory you can use. The quintessential one one if you want to download demos, and then there is the 120GB HDD...wouldn't get that one.

You shouldn't have a problem, I'm pretty sure all 360 versions have a space for HDD attaching, so grab whatever one you want and hold onto your old HDD (from your broken 360), and attach it onto your new one, and you should be set.
SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SonicBomb

Awesome. Sounds reasonable to me.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HitNRun

Yeah, if you're actually going to buy a fresh one then you obviously don't have to care about what a retailer or MS thinks about you keeping your hard drive. Just pop it off the old 360 and put it on the new one.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
Oh i shipped out they sent it back because i open it to try to fix it myself."
Yep, this made me laugh.
SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SonicBomb
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
Yep, this made me laugh."
lol Yeah i was mad.
aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aemaeth
SonicBomb said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
lol Yeah i was mad."
Mad isn't the word you're looking for...
SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SonicBomb
aemaeth said:
"SonicBomb said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"SonicBomb said:
"Karmum said:
lol Yeah i was mad."
Mad isn't the word you're looking for..."
Yeah i was malevolent.
aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aemaeth