Microsoft and Sony squandaring Tropheys and Achievements.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Does anyone else think that Microsoft and Sony could do more with their achievements and trophy's? If you could either spend points or have something set as an unlock for having a certain amount of points I really think that might motivate more people to purchase and rent more games to build up their gamer score. Themes, avatar clothing, MS store points, games, coins for the upcoming arcade... something. I know a lot of people like Jeff rent shit games just to get that perfect 1000/1000. That's not something I'd do. But if I could actually unlock something by having a certain amount of points I'd be more inclined to play more games.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm pretty sure the avatar clothes are already happening. As for the rest, it would be nice. There are probably lots of complications when you start giving out ms points though which is basically real money.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Akeldama

For the most part, trophies are an excuse for me to keep playing a game. I never play a game strictly for trophies. It provides replay value and longevity. I think both MS and Sony have done fine with these.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i always thought that would be an awesome idea too...but i'd be shocked if they ever did something like that. they want money. and most people are gonna buy the same things they would buy anyways and get more for free in that system because those points are just given to them. if only...
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrock
@JJWeatherman said:
" I'm pretty sure the avatar clothes are already happening. As for the rest, it would be nice. There are probably lots of complications when you start giving out ms points though which is basically real money. "
I saw in the store that you could unlock clothes by doing things in games. Just not sure what games qualify. It would have been cool if you could unlock Gears of Wars stuff in Gears 2, Halo stuff in ODST etc. but they probably make too much cash by charging for stuff like that.
Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Deathawk

This point (or one similar in scope) was brought up on an episode of Kotaku Talk Radio, when Major Nelson was guesting. Surprisingly the answer he gave was something to the extent of "we're looking into it" Granted he probably said that just to appease the caller. but still it's somethin...

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

You do unlock stuff from ODST. You just have to activate Halo Waypoint first. I have some awesome ODST armor! 

But I agree. There needs to be more rewards and such based on achievements and trophies.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By bacongames

Intragame unlocks for a certain amount of points would be good yes.

Let's face it we live in the era of incentives but it has become relatively stale in that respect.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BoFooQ

even if you made them nearly worthless, you should be able to put some kind of value to them.  If you made them worth a penny each, I would be more motivated to try for some.  And what do they use make the money only good to more of their own online crap.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By trophyhunter
@Akeldama said:
" For the most part, trophies are an excuse for me to keep playing a game. I never play a game strictly for trophies. It provides replay value and longevity. I think both MS and Sony have done fine with these. "
this