MORE JEFF/ALEX AT NYU INFO

jamessmarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jamessmarion

HEY y'all. Got a couple questions, so I figured I would address them.

1. The chances of you getting in to see this if you show up at about 6:30 is effectively 100%. The number of spots we 'sold' is about half of our legal limit for the floor, so the biggest problem might be seeing the dudes, but they'll be mic'd.

2. This talk will be recorded, but NOT by Jeff and Alex, just by NYU. This means that the audio and video quality won't be anywhere near what you would expect of a Giant Bomb video. So although I'll ask Jeff to put it up on the site, the best I can do is promise a link later on to us hosting it.

3. The majority of the talk, again, is going to be Q&A, but I'm going to be talking with Jeff about his career thus far for a little bit, as well as some questions and issues culled by my peers. THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN on this message:

Do any of you have questions that you think are worthy of more meaningful discussion than rapid-fire Q&A style answering? If so, post them here, now.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanks for the information duder! I got my tickets, but uh, unfortunately I don't have any big questions that come to mind regarding the event. I'll post to bump this so it's more visible for people who do have good questions, though!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is he done with music? It's been 4 years since Midnight Browns latest thing but stuff like rapman reminds me he's legitmately into that stuff.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrfluke

What do the guys honestly think of the state of gaming and the gaming industry with these new consoles and the future onset of VR? (yea they have always touched on this here and there, but id love to hear some more full thoughts from them)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the debate about sexism in gaming will actually change anything , or people just need to do the games to usher the change?

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Duder_Me

Could you ask them how has video game coverage evolved from the days of VideoGamespot.com in the 90s to GameSpot.com in the 2000s to GiantBomb.com in the 2010s? Some key points could be about their live shows (On the Spot, TNT, Unprofessional Fridays, etc.) and their creative takes on video content.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Games criticism has shifted significantly in recent years to become more focused on representation (gender, sexuality, violence, etc.) with large mainstream sites like IGN and Gamespot writing about these issues in editorials and reviews. In the founding of Giant Bomb the tone seemed to be to stay as far away from politics as possible (and that may have even been explicitly stated as well, I can't recall)-- obviously that has changed in recent years, but what lead that change?

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multi-part question!

The wiki is Giant Bomb's defining feature and the thing which sets it apart from it's competitors however the site has increasingly become known for it's personality-driven video content. The videos aim to provide entertainment while the wiki aims to be as informative as possible. Jeff, in the past you've expressed a desire to grow Giant Bomb into a much larger entity. How do you see yourself balancing the informative and entertainment aspects of Giant Bomb? Do you see these two areas becoming more complementary or perhaps eventually outgrowing each other?

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Artikay

Huh..? Whats this about Jeff giving a talk at NYU?

I looked and I see it's tomorrow at 7pm, but sold out?

If you say chances are %100 getting in through the stand by line, how much is it to fet in? The site don't say how much tickets were, just that they arent selling anymore.

Im off tomorrow, and I might just have time to go see.

Rabidlamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if we have tickets already do we have to get there an hour early or it will be given out to people without tickets at 6:30? How does this work

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did the talk go? Was it good? Did we get any audio, would love to hear it.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How did the talk go? Was it good? Did we get any audio, would love to hear it.

It was filmed by NYU but that haven't uploaded it. Running theory is that they just sent the video to Vinny and Drew so they can put it on the site directly.