More signed posters being sold in the store sometime?

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MysteriousFawx

I originally had the signed GB podcast poster up on my wall for a really long time, then I came to move it and...well...pulled a Brad?

I was wondering if there will be more poster designs printed in the future with the option of staff sigs. I was smart enough to frame my Tested poster when that arrived (the dimensions were easier to purchase a frame for), so if another was on sale from Giantbomb I'd have the brains to do the same and eliminate any chance of accidental scrunching and/or slight tearing...which of course sucks.

I'm pretty sure theres other duders in the same situation or people who missed the original run that would like a poster, so I've decided to make a thread, if the information on this topic already exists somewhere else and I've totally blown past it I apologise, but I'd just like a heads up from staff as to if this will be happening in the near future!

Cheers duders

lemonlateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lemonlateralus

I really hope so! Though they usually save such items for BLLSL

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe. The guys are not great at making money. They should have a new shirt every month and a selection of other merch always on the go. I suspect they see it as exploiting the fan base, but people like to buy stuff and they are leaving a potentially lucrative revenue stream untapped.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@alternate said:

Maybe. The guys are not great at making money. They should have a new shirt every month and a selection of other merch always on the go. I suspect they see it as exploiting the fan base, but people like to buy stuff and they are leaving a potentially lucrative revenue stream untapped.

I think they have committed themselves to being more in the business of making subscriber video content and then trying to get as many users to subscribe that way as possible. I remember Dave mentioning some stat on a stream one time where a very impressive percentage of user accounts on Giant Bomb are also paying subscribers.

They could go the merch route, like webcomics and the like, but the problem with that is that even when I really like a webcomic, sometimes I don't think any of their shirt designs are good, or I just don't particularly want the weirdo title of that webcomic to be printed on a shirt I wear in public. With Giant Bomb subscriptions, really just about anybody who likes the site can pay for that as it directly gets you more of what you already like. Buying merch always feels like a weird donation/tip jar to me, because I'm never like desperately in need of a t-shirt.

LostDonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LostDonuts

I have the Giant Bomb poster and the Tested poster both signed and on my wall. There is still room for more posters you guys, I will buy them if you produce them!

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By theodacourt

You'll never get Brad to do a marathon signing session again, since he lost his right hand playing DOTA.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By alternate

@alternate said:

I think they have committed themselves to being more in the business of making subscriber video content and then trying to get as many users to subscribe that way as possible. I remember Dave mentioning some stat on a stream one time where a very impressive percentage of user accounts on Giant Bomb are also paying subscribers.

They could go the merch route, like webcomics and the like, but the problem with that is that even when I really like a webcomic, sometimes I don't think any of their shirt designs are good, or I just don't particularly want the weirdo title of that webcomic to be printed on a shirt I wear in public. With Giant Bomb subscriptions, really just about anybody who likes the site can pay for that as it directly gets you more of what you already like. Buying merch always feels like a weird donation/tip jar to me, because I'm never like desperately in need of a t-shirt.

Nobody said anything about not pressing for subscriptions. They can do both. If they had more merch then maybe there would be more than just logo and meme shirts. If nothing else it would give subscribers more choice of what to use their coupon on.

Not much work either. They have a pipeline set up and a store front, so have a forum topic letting users design the stuff, vote on the best each month, cut the designer in for 10-20%. Easy money.

Some people might see buying shirts as a donation but a lot don't. I have heard comments from a lot of ppl who would pay $20 for some silly shirt without thinking but would never dream of paying for website content. They only value physical objects - even if the content delivered is much better value.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Dingofighter

Well, considering the last time they did it Steve Jobs died, I think they are cautious about doing it again.