Most anticipated games for 2014 (provisional list)

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By VintAge68

Alas, the new year is just one week old and already does one make projections regarding the games (to be) published this year, in spite of pending backlogs and uncertain release dates. Moreover, the anticipated games list tends to grow dramatically after the annual E3 event.

Another unknown comes from the game prices which are considerably higher for the new next-gen releases, and as neo-PS4 and Wii U owner I have the desire to buy as many of the new games as possible for these two platforms, of course.

Consequently, this is an only provisional list of all video games that I have in mind to acquire (or at least rent, until the price drops) and play during the year, in the order of their presumable release dates:

• Don't Starve -- 01/2014 (PS4)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Z -- 01/24/2014 (PS3/PSV)
  • Tomb Raider Definitive -- 01/31/2014 (PS4)
  • Octodad -- 02/2014 (PS4)
  • Thief -- 02/2014 (PS3/PS4)
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII -- 02/14/2014 (X360)
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare -- 02/20/2014 (X360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 -- 02/27/2014 (PS3)
  • Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z -- 02/28/2014 (PS3)
  • Bravely Default -- 02/28/2014 (3DS)
  • The Evil Within -- Q1-2/2014 (PC --preordered)
  • Titanfall -- 03/13/2014 (PC)
  • Infamous: Second Son -- 03/21/2014 (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 -- 03/21/2014 (PS3/PSV)
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn -- April/2014 (PS4, from the PS3 version)
  • Watch Dogs -- Q2/2014 (PC --preordered one year ago!)
  • Grand Theft Auto V -- Q2/2014 (PC version)
  • Bayonetta 2 -- Q2/2014 (Wii U)
  • Mario Kart 8 -- Q2/2014 (Wii U)
  • Ultimate Fighting Championship -- Q2/2014 (PS4)
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 -- Q2/2014 (PC)
  • Outlast -- Q2-3/2014 (PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order -- Q2-3/2014 (PC)
  • The Crew -- Q2-3/2014 (PS4)
  • Destiny -- 09/09/2014 (PS4)
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition -- Q3/2014 (PS4)
  • The Order: 1886 -- Q3/2014 (PS4)
  • The Sims 4 -- Q3/2014 (PC)
  • Final Fantasy XV -- Q3-4/2014 (PS4)
  • Mirror's Edge 2 -- Q3-4/2014 (PS4)
  • Rime -- Q3-4/2014 (PS4)
  • Secret Ponchos -- Q4/2014 (PS4)
  • Uncharted 4 -- Q4/2014 (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy's: The Division -- Q4/2014 (PS4)

With unknown release date:

• Mad Max (PC)
  • Carmageddon: Reincarnation (PC/PS4)
  • X (Wii U)
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
  • Homefront 2 (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy's: Rainbow 6 Patriots (PC)
  • Shadow of the Beast (PS4)
  • Deep Down (PS4)
  • Until Dawn (PS4)
  • Yakuza Ishin (PS4)
  • Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)
  • Prey 2
  • Half-Life 3
  • The Last Guardian

In bold the games I have a particular interest for and will certainly acquire. And in order to anticipate questions: no plans so far for MGS Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls II, The Witcher 3, The Elder Scrolls Online--not since I consider them bad, but simply since I have less interest in these games, for whatever reason.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Why was I under the impression that Dragon Age: Inquisition was an Xbox On sclussy?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Good to see some love for The Crew. It is the one I am most looking forward to.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@spraynardtatum: It's being published by EA and recently they have had a lot of exclusives (Titanfall, Peggle 2, BF4 Maps etc.) going to Microsoft. Maybe?

It's going to be a good year for gaming.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dark Souls 2 is really the only thing I'm really anticipating, I'm sure other stuff will hit me close to release but for now the main thing is definitely Dark Souls 2

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maaaan I'm pretty sure Star Wars Battlefront and Cyberpunk 2077 and a few others wont come out this year. Those 2 for sure though.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I can't see mirror's edge 2 or the order coming out this year. FF15 this year? you're outta your mind. Beyond good & evil 2? haha

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

2014 is looking solid for games. Kind of crazy thinking about games that I'm excited about, and honestly, for the time being anyway, I'm mostly excited about much smaller releases this year.

Games that I'm legit stoked for:

• Binding of Issac: Rebirth
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Octodad
  • Dark Souls 2
  • The Witness
  • Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • Broken Age
  • Road Not Taken
  • Gods Will be Watching

Games I'm interested in, but not excited about just yet:

• Titanfall
  • Watch Dogs
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • WildStar
  • Yoshi's New Island
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • The Witcher 3
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • The Division
  • Destiny
VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VintAge68

@liquiddragon said:

I can't see mirror's edge 2 or the order coming out this year. FF15 this year? you're outta your mind. Beyond good & evil 2? haha

Recall that scenes of FFXV have been shown at last year's E3, but I agree that it will be a busy year for the Square Enix guys. Beyond Good & Evil 2 is listed for pre-order on zavvi.uk (for March, 22!), well, if it comes out, certainly not at this date. Mirror's Edge 2 I don't know, either, but DICE recently announced that there will be no Battlefield this year from their part, so it's well possible that they're busy working on ME2 and/or SW Battlefront now.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VintAge68

@l4wd0g said:

@spraynardtatum: It's being published by EA and recently they have had a lot of exclusives (Titanfall, Peggle 2, BF4 Maps etc.) going to Microsoft. Maybe?

It's going to be a good year for gaming.

You're right that EA made a special agreement with Microsoft recently, which affects certainly titles like Ryse, Titanfall, and PvZ Garden Warfare. But given the minor popularity of XB1 compared to PS4 one could already have the impression that this MS-exclusive policy had already been softened on EA's part.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Roger778

Dragon Age Inquisition, is my most anticipated game of 2014 for now, simply because I own the first two.

My main goal this year is to catch up on games that came out last year that I missed. For example, Batman Arkham Origins, and Saints Row IV are two I want to play.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roger778 said:

Dragon Age Inquisition, is my most anticipated game of 2014 for now, simply because I own the first two.

My main goal this year is to catch up on games that came out last year that I missed. For example, Batman Arkham Origins, and Saints Row IV are two I want to play.

Right, me too: given that many of the "anticipated" titles seem to be coming out after the summer break only, I'll profit in order to play/finish a maximum of my backlog games in the meantime ;]

Did you try out Heroes of Dragon Age? It's quite an addictive (free) Android app based in the Dragon Age ambiance combined with tactical squad upgrade choices...

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VintAge68

Good to see some love for The Crew. It is the one I am most looking forward to.

True, I even had hoped it came out in 2013 already, but maybe Ubisoft was too busy with AC IV (and Watch Dogs?)...

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

How about Fallout 4? I mean, if we are going to include vaporware like HL3 and Last Guardian, that one could be up there too...

Solid list, though. Some of those games I didn't even remember...

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VintAge68

@hermes said:

How about Fallout 4? I mean, if we are going to include vaporware like HL3 and Last Guardian, that one could be up there too...

Solid list, though. Some of those games I didn't even remember...

Yes, you're certainly right, but this is why I made the omission dots and where the lists thins out... beyond further doubt ;)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I don't think that the new Mirror's Edge game had been given a release date. Last I heard it was still: 'Coming... when it's ready'. I actually think it's somewhat unlikely it will come out this year. I'm not fully aware of DICE's development teams. Perhaps a completely separate team works on Mirror's Edge. But with the initial release expectation saying 'when it's ready' and them having issues with Battlefield 4 that apparently takes a lot of time, I'd expect it in 2015. But let's hope it comes out in 2014 because I really can't wait to play it. It's just called Mirror's Edge btw. It's not a traditional sequel. It takes place before the events of the first game, but it's not really a prequel either. It's supposed to be a reboot more or less (already).

I'm glad to see Don't Starve on there. It officially released last year and I even played the alpha version a year before that, but it is truly a great game. It's too bad none of the crew picked up on it/was interested in it, because I really think it can be put in a top 10 list. It is in mine.

Also, Stick of Truth man. Game I'm most excited about so far.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

inFamous: Second Son is my most wanted game, with Watch Dogs right behind it.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VintAge68

@rockyraccoon37: So it seems you're less excited for the games I'm more into, and vice versa, with the exception of Octodad, of course. I played already the demo and hope it will be as fun as expected :D

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VintAge68

@zevvion: Actually, I don't think DICE will spend all year long on BF4 map optimization, and--unlike Battlefront--Mirror's Edge 2 won't be that big a game, probably, either, so I still consider its release possible by the end of this year (zavvi.com has it listed for pre-order!).

After abstaining from buying it on Steam earlier I am looking the more forward to playing Don't Starve on PS4 as it is free for PS+ now :D