Most Disappointing Games of 2010

Vlodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vlodd

I apologize if this question has already been asked elsewhere (in which case perhaps someone could point me to it), but what are your most disappointing games of 2010?  Keep in mind that a game can be good and still disappoint.  For instance, my top 3 for this year are Metroid: Other M (I hate what they did to Samus), Final Fantasy XIII (the second Final Fantasy game I have disliked, after FFXII), and Epic Mickey (a major failure all around).

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mrfizzy

Naughty Bear, it was total and utter shit, and just when you think its over and can't get any worse... they announce that they're making a second one!!! 

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WickedFather

Everything on the 360.  Gaming's really lost its way on that machine.  The best releases were all XBLA.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bibledoctor

Fable 3, at least for me. The original Fable is one of my favorite games, and  I enjoyed the second. Fable 3 was insanely inadequate and boring.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Heavy Rain.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Flappy

Eh...Final Fantasy XIII (in my eyes, anyway).

kyle576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kyle576

I would say this entire year in gaming. Although, there have been some fantastic games this year, there hasn't been anything truly stellar. It seemed to be a year plagued with  sequel fatigue. Red Dead being the only standout for myself. However, 2011 looks like its going to make up for the slump we had in 2010.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

For me? 
Would probably be TFU2.
The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By The_Joker

Lords of Shadow. I wanted to like that game So badly, but it was awful. The pacing was inconsistent which led to stretches of downright boredom followed up by two challenging bosses back to back. The difficulty would go from Not to Rough to Nightmare on a dime. The game was incredibly long and needlessly so. The game had so much padding with characters that would just come and go for seemingly no reason. Then, the game spits in your face with the easiest final boss fight in gaming history. It's almost impossible to lose. The ending was also terrible and really made no sense. For them to make paid DLC around it is a slap in the face to the franchise and its audience. 

I do have to admit however, the Music Box level was a great idea.

The achievements don't lie. Most people who played this game never finished it. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/the_joker/achievements/?upid=3544023&sid=1792

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Fable III - One of the most annoying and poorly designed high profile games I've every played.
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - The multiplayer was fun for about an hour but got tedious very quickly. The single-player campaign felt like a more throwaway version of ACII. I'm done with Italy. 
Final Fantasy XIII - Poor design, terrible battle system, annoying characters, and a terrible story make for an extremely disappointing game. 
God of War 3 - I don't know if I can say it's disappointing since I wasn't a fan of GoW1 and 2 but I had more fun with Dante's Inferno than GoW3. That's pretty sad. 
Crackdown 2 - They wen't in trying to improve on the first but what came out was something more tedious than the original. 
Splinter Cell Conviction - Ubisoft continues to dumb down their games. I'm very worried about the next Ghost Recon. 
Mass Effect 2 - It's like an RPG without the interesting combat system, customization, difficulty, and replayability. It should have been called ME2: My First RPG. 
White Knight Chronicles - Ugh . . . 
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269

Fable 3 and Crackdown 2.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

All of them. I can't believe I'm still just killing things in a vast majority of video games in the year 2010.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss

Mass Effect 2 for me.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By alistercat

Anything and everything slightly popular or highly rated, because that's how these threads always go.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shiftymagician
@HandsomeDead said:

" All of them. I can't believe I'm still just killing things in a vast majority of video games in the year 2010. "

Even though I enjoyed quite a few games this year, I whole-heartedly agree that we need more variety in the mainstream than just games with the simple objective of "kill".  I purposely had to go around and look for games in which the objective was at least not centered around that as there was quite a lot of it this year (again).

Well if I were to be more specific about it, my main problem is arbitrary killing just because the enemy was designated to me with the most arbitrary and commonly used setups.  Terrorists, rival force, just plain evil people, monsters, zombies.  Can developers someday make enemies that have more of a purpose?  Can they also allow the players to be opposed through different means besides gun combat most of the time?

I so hope Deus Ex: Human Revolution turns out to fulfill its promise of choosing whether or not you wish to engage a scenario through stealth or through some form of non-killing method.  That would make deciding to kill people much more of a choice than just a compulsory objective (though they should setup times where you might just have to fight, but with a good reason).
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By grilledcheez

Mass Effect 2 disappointed me because it stripped out the RPG elements of the first.  Other than that, the game's I looked forward to met my expectations.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@BibleDoctor said:
" Fable 3, at least for me. The original Fable is one of my favorite games, and  I enjoyed the second. Fable 3 was insanely inadequate and boring. "
Boring? Doesn't seem boring to me (at the very least less boring that Fable II), but to each his own. 
Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Bobby_The_Great
@AlisterCat: Touche, I couldn't agree more. . I can't believe there is so much hate on games. Why are people gamers and on this website, if all they want to do is hate on everything?