• 170 results
#151 Posted by WMoyer83 (645 posts) -

Final Fantasy 7. It was a good ending, plus the cgi sequence with Red 13 and his pups was cool, letting you know that life goes on (and eventually leads to exploiting the FF7 franchise)

#152 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption. Title card. 'Nuff said.

#153 Posted by endoworks (297 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption ending totally surprised me, I finished it before hearing everyone talk about how awesome it was a total "Fuck Ya" moment.

#154 Posted by Aterons (198 posts) -

I really liked the hitman bloody money ending, for a game with that little story it was nuts good.

#155 Posted by dancinginfernal (478 posts) -

I liked Mark of the Ninja's ending, even if it came completely out of left field.

Also Rule of Rose. The last third of the game was kind of sequence-breaky considering the chapters leading up to it, but it tied off its ends nicely and let you kind of write your own ending with what was left. If only the gameplay wasn't so horried.

Also Red Dead.

#156 Posted by redefaulted (2835 posts) -

Double Dragon Neon. Simple for the amount of effort put into the credits roll and the badass kick.

#157 Posted by Rafaelfc (1453 posts) -

Ryu's ending on Street Fighter 2 for the SNES. Waterfall shoryuken is EPIC!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twBQIap7VV0

p.s.: this is 100% serious and i'm not joking.

#158 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (384 posts) -

KOTOR and Red Dead are standouts to me. I'm sure there are others from the vast amount of games I've played, but those are the 2 in recent memory that spring to mind.

#159 Posted by cmblasko (1342 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

Vagrant Story probably has the best ending, in addition to having the best credits music and the best final boss fight. Of course there's a solid argument to be made that Delita's storyline ending is more impressive in Final Fantasy Tactics but that kind of ignores how irrelevant the protagonist turns out to be.

Irrelevant? Ramza and his crew end up saving the world while Delita is off playing politics. Had he not been around, the Lucavi would have succeeded and Ajora would have returned.

But yeah, I definitely agree that FFT does have a very satisfying conclusion to an excellent game.

#160 Posted by paulwade1984 (479 posts) -

Mgs3. Snake gets laid!

#161 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

@Liquidus said:

Probably Bayonetta because it has like 5 endings and they're all crazy and amazing.

YA THEY ARE.

That game... what a game.

#162 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6108 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

@Fredchuckdave said:

Irrelevant? Ramza and his crew end up saving the world while Delita is off playing politics. Had he not been around, the Lucavi would have succeeded and Ajora would have returned.

But yeah, I definitely agree that FFT does have a very satisfying conclusion to an excellent game.

Yeah while Ramza's dead in a hole Delita's the King. Good on Ramza for being such an easily manipulated dumbass. Ah such a great character, it's almost worth having a worthless protagonist since it makes Delita even more awesome (note I find the actual main group's ending to be underwhelming at best, also the game's way too easy after Velius which kind of deadens the tension and any threat presented by the Lucavi is rendered trivial).

#163 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

The Walking Dead. The ending in Ep. 5 was perfectly executed in terms of closing the book on the season while teasing the 2nd.

#164 Posted by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -
#165 Posted by Corvak (1172 posts) -

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

Push X to fistpump.

#166 Posted by sevvagon (12 posts) -

The Silver :)

#167 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

Every Mario platformer game ever. You always know how it ends before it starts. Can't get more satisfying than that.

#168 Edited by Abendlaender (2888 posts) -

Spec Ops - The Line

Just a perfect ending for a messed up (in a good way) game

#169 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

Ghostbusters for the NES...

but really it's Super Mario Land because of the awesome music

#170 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

If I had to pick just one, Darksiders is the first that comes to mind.

You battle a Dragon atop an angelic tower, crush the head of your irritating 'sidekick' and deliver the most hype line in videogamedom, while the camera pans to the other horsemen tearing-ass through the sky.

Awesome.

#171 Posted by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

@GetEveryone: And then Darksiders 2...

But yeah, that ending was incredible indeed.

#172 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

@GetEveryone: And then Darksiders 2...

But yeah, that ending was incredible indeed.

I actually enjoyed Darksiders 2 quite a lot. As the final act built more on what made the original so great, I thought we were in for a monster of an ending.

I was wrong.