Movies based on Games

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dizzyhippos

which do you prefer a movie based on a game that is a good move, or a movie based on a game that is awesomely bad

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

I'm a little confused by your question...are you asking do we prefer

• Good movies based off of good games?   "Mortal Kombat 1", "Tomb Raider 1"
  • Bad movies based off of good games?  "Doom", "Street Fighter", anything by Uwe Boll
  • Good movies made from bad games?  ...none come to mind...
  • Bad movies derived from bad games?   "Postal"

By in large, most games to movie adaption fall into the "bad movie" category, and - except when under certain circumstances - most people don't enjoy bad movies.  The problem is, for a bad movie to be enjoyable, it has to be so bad that it becomes good, i.e. most of the stuff that Mystery Science Theater have worked with.

I recently saw the Dead or Alive movie, and I liked it.  The female actresses were no where near as proportional as the game protagonists, but I didn't expect it to be Citizen Kane, so I had fun with it.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By GamespotNoMore

everybody in here should see Super Mario the movie or it might be Super Mario Bros...anyway King Koopa (Bowser is not a turtle in it just a dude with spiky hair)  and John Leguizama (I don't really care how it's spelled but I am close)   plays Luigi (not kidding)   and it is hilarious because it is awful  (Bob Hoskins in Mario)