Avatar image for xcompanionxcubex
xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

Today my old original DS i got few years ago decided to stop working properly and needs to be replaced with a new one. The problem is i totally love my old DS, original pink chunky brick one i got with Nintendogs. But i never see brand new ones for sale now because of the Lite and DSi, only ones that are preowned. I would consider a Lite but i prefer mine. I've tried playing the Lite and didn't like the difference in the feel of it and the buttons were smaller. I know it seems i'm picking hairs here lol but is there a massive amount of difference between original DS and the DS Lite? I'm not interested in a DSi and can't really afford it either, so i'm just trying to choose between those two. What do you guys think? Original chunky DS or a DS Lite?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I feel the same way about my Lite, I like the shoulder buttons more than the ones on the DSi so I want to use it forever but the top screen will stop working sometimes depending on how far open it is, so I'm probably going to need to replace it soon.

I've never used a phat so I don't know how the buttons feel but I think the Lite feels fine. You might be able to get a phat for cheaper if they're all used but it might be more heavily used and then you'll have to replace it soon, again. So I'd go with a Lite, they'll be easier to find and in better condition. But if you really don't like the Lite's feel it's my understanding that there are no huge differences between the two, nothing got added they just moved the mic and power buttons around and made it a little smaller.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I am sorry for your loss. In all honesty, I find it baffling that anyone could prefer the nasty Phat, (even if it was Pink :/) over a DS Lite. 

Get a Lite, you will soon grow very accustomed to it. 

xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

I just found the feel of it different after having a Original DS for so long and didn't like it, my boyfriend has the DS Lite but has some kind of case on it which makes it feel more like an original but the buttons still seem different to me. I've seen the DS Original from like £50+ but i'd obviously go for one in good condition, i used to work in Game as well so i know the kind of condition they take their consoles in so can try their, if i get a Lite i'd probably have to put a similar case on it but i'll have to consider them both and the price difference, thanks though

xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xCompanionxCubex
@Linkyshinks:
I assume you mean a Lite?
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

lol, yea. 

The fashionista in London town would pay a high price for a Pink DS, maybe you should consider having it reconditioned, 200-300 quid is a great incentive, although those kind of prices were for a Pink Lite, so who knows how Pink Phat would be worth.

xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

Makes you wonder, i wasn't too fussed on the colour tbh, just wanted a DS but i totally love it and the common DS i see is silver for the phats

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By agentboolen

The only thing I liked about the phat DS was the GBA games would fit in there perfectly but there then that I preferred all the changes they did.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60

Lites are badass

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

And DSi's are even badasser

xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

Lol i'll take a look at them all and see

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

Thank you will take a look around

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JJOR64

Go for a DS Lite then since you don't want a DSi.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By fenixrevolution

Terribly sorry about your loss, the DS is so good. This is the first time I've heard of one dying. =(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks