My First Creation with Gamemaker

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

With following link you can download my first and very, very very simple Mini-game. only 14 Megabytes and can be downloaded in a blink.
http://www.speedyshare.com/710368837.html

I suppose the sprites that I used in this simple Mini-game are dancing figures of a Gypsy. so simply, Press letters on keyboard (From A to Zee). each letter will have a reaction and gypsy will move her body. There are four Locations in this game with background from various villages and four different traditional Musics playing on each of them. Press Right and Left arrows to change the location.

This game is very simple. I'm still a novice in programming (Actually a hobbyist) so I couldn't use any Game Maker functions and script. cheers.

Here's a snapshot from the first location:

No Caption Provided
Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Marnox

A nice little thing, but got an error:

for object object6:

Moving to next room after the last room.

Played around with Game Maker myself a few times, really cool program. The best way to learn is to download other peoples work and see how them did then and just make a clone =)

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aurelito
Marnox said:
"A nice little thing, but got an error:

for object object6:

Moving to next room after the last room.

Played around with Game Maker myself a few times, really cool program. The best way to learn is to download other peoples work and see how them did then and just make a clone =)"
Yeah don't push right or left button when you're in the first or last room of game. I forgot to set it and when i realized it was being uploaded.

I agree that it's a nice program but not so little is it ? :D
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

I was working on a game in Game Maker a couple years ago, but I quit because I'm a lazy procrastinator.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90
LordAndrew said:
"I was working on a game in Game Maker a couple years ago, but I quit because I'm a lazy procrastinator."
  Me too , it seemed easier at first
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rexualhealing

That looks nifty.

Every once in awhile, when I'm drunk or at a party or something and want to get a rise out of somebody, I'll cobble up a quick game in Klik & Play. Maybe I'll post some of my "creations" eventually, they're really... interesting.

I need to go finish the last one I was working on, "GG Allin's Child Molestation Adventure". It looks and plays exactly like something someone on Day Two of a 5 Day New Year's bender would make.

I like Game Maker and Klik and Play because I don't have to do much actual programming and I can get a quick game up and running fast. My goal for this year actually was to make one new Klik and Play game a day but I haven't kept to that at all.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Johnny5

hmm game makers kinda nice but too many limitations.

I made a trippy game that spawns infinite pinballs >_<