my GOTY... kinda

BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BoomShanka

So... ive been thinking hard about what games i would consider as the best of 09, and quite frankly its alot harder than i though seeing as lot of the games that came out earlier in the year i almost forgot about. so here is a brief list of my personal top five games of the year starting from numero 5.

5. Torchlight: a steam budget game making a top 5. holy shit! but serioufly this game is as good as it gets if you want a dungeon crawling diablo game, that isnt diablo. i could go on and on about how good this game is but i wont, its cheap its great and if you have a PC you should get this... NOW!!!

4. F.E.A.R 2: god i loved this game, the atmosphere was right, the shooting was still addictive and fun. it wasnt quite as scary as the original but still had its momnts and the end was pure brilliance. not spoiling anything for those who have not played it yet, but heres hoping F.E.A.R 3 takes this great Ip in to a whole new level of fucked-uped-ness <- thats my word

3. Forza 3 / Street fighter 4: ok, ok so i am cheating here. this should be a top 6 but because top 6's are for fools and badgers with aqua demtia i thought it be only fair to lumber them both together, like a stake and kindey pie full of all that juicey gravy.... yea going off topic.  ok so why Forza 3? well forza 3 happens to be one of the best racing games around these days, sure GT5 is wondering around somewhere but seeing as though i dont own a ps3 i cant do any comparisons. not that i am trying to push forza down or anything becase as it happens it is a truly amazing game, with real thought towards the community and the craziness of it all. it has somthing for everyone and that for me is reason enough for it to make the 3rd spot.

Street fighter 4 on the other hand is about as good as a fighter i have seen on this gen on consoles, infact i dare say its the best fighting game since alpha 3 and i thought alpha 3 was the shit back in the day. i cant really say much that hasnt already been said, online is great, the fighting is sharp and responsive as always. and its a blast to kick ten shades of all out of your friends/husband. worthy of the number 3 in my opinion and cannot wait for the newin.

2. Batman Arkham Asylum: this was so close to being number one, infact i feel like i am letting this game down by not putting it in the first place spot, quite frankly this game was insanely good. proberly the best game i have played for a long long time and still playing and completing it now... i think im on my 10th playthrough at the moment lol. why so good? well disregaureding the nostalgic factor of Mark Hamill and Kevin Konroy who did the voices of Joker and The Batman in the animated series, This game has blood sweat and tears flowing through every nook and cranny of its decrioped walls. there are details everywhere. and the amount of love and devotion is apparent when first starting up this bad boy. the game play is simple yet amazing, the combat is fluid, the stealth is nail biting and the boss fights are well... average to be fair but none the less the story telling is great the riddles are awesome and the challenge rooms are a nice little touch. In conclusion it should be number one if it wasnt for....

1 Borderlands: Yarp the insanely addictive, fucking funny as fuck game that almost cost me my job shooter/action RPG. While the story is average it is the world in which it is set that makes Borderlands such a great game. the characters are insane, the eneimies are insane, and the four vault hunters are well... insane. With more guns then you could ever hope for in your wildest dreams, a ton of movie references and some major badassery on all fronts boderlands is by far The single best game this year. and still going strong. the zombie island DLC was a fun romp through, and mad moxxi's underdome is shaping up to be just as good. Borederlands is so damn good its why i havent even reached my 40th rank on MW2 lol 

Never the less i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year of great gaming and hopes that 2010 is every bit as better than this great year!

BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BoomShanka

So... ive been thinking hard about what games i would consider as the best of 09, and quite frankly its alot harder than i though seeing as lot of the games that came out earlier in the year i almost forgot about. so here is a brief list of my personal top five games of the year starting from numero 5.

5. Torchlight: a steam budget game making a top 5. holy shit! but serioufly this game is as good as it gets if you want a dungeon crawling diablo game, that isnt diablo. i could go on and on about how good this game is but i wont, its cheap its great and if you have a PC you should get this... NOW!!!

4. F.E.A.R 2: god i loved this game, the atmosphere was right, the shooting was still addictive and fun. it wasnt quite as scary as the original but still had its momnts and the end was pure brilliance. not spoiling anything for those who have not played it yet, but heres hoping F.E.A.R 3 takes this great Ip in to a whole new level of fucked-uped-ness <- thats my word

3. Forza 3 / Street fighter 4: ok, ok so i am cheating here. this should be a top 6 but because top 6's are for fools and badgers with aqua demtia i thought it be only fair to lumber them both together, like a stake and kindey pie full of all that juicey gravy.... yea going off topic.  ok so why Forza 3? well forza 3 happens to be one of the best racing games around these days, sure GT5 is wondering around somewhere but seeing as though i dont own a ps3 i cant do any comparisons. not that i am trying to push forza down or anything becase as it happens it is a truly amazing game, with real thought towards the community and the craziness of it all. it has somthing for everyone and that for me is reason enough for it to make the 3rd spot.

Street fighter 4 on the other hand is about as good as a fighter i have seen on this gen on consoles, infact i dare say its the best fighting game since alpha 3 and i thought alpha 3 was the shit back in the day. i cant really say much that hasnt already been said, online is great, the fighting is sharp and responsive as always. and its a blast to kick ten shades of all out of your friends/husband. worthy of the number 3 in my opinion and cannot wait for the newin.

2. Batman Arkham Asylum: this was so close to being number one, infact i feel like i am letting this game down by not putting it in the first place spot, quite frankly this game was insanely good. proberly the best game i have played for a long long time and still playing and completing it now... i think im on my 10th playthrough at the moment lol. why so good? well disregaureding the nostalgic factor of Mark Hamill and Kevin Konroy who did the voices of Joker and The Batman in the animated series, This game has blood sweat and tears flowing through every nook and cranny of its decrioped walls. there are details everywhere. and the amount of love and devotion is apparent when first starting up this bad boy. the game play is simple yet amazing, the combat is fluid, the stealth is nail biting and the boss fights are well... average to be fair but none the less the story telling is great the riddles are awesome and the challenge rooms are a nice little touch. In conclusion it should be number one if it wasnt for....

1 Borderlands: Yarp the insanely addictive, fucking funny as fuck game that almost cost me my job shooter/action RPG. While the story is average it is the world in which it is set that makes Borderlands such a great game. the characters are insane, the eneimies are insane, and the four vault hunters are well... insane. With more guns then you could ever hope for in your wildest dreams, a ton of movie references and some major badassery on all fronts boderlands is by far The single best game this year. and still going strong. the zombie island DLC was a fun romp through, and mad moxxi's underdome is shaping up to be just as good. Borederlands is so damn good its why i havent even reached my 40th rank on MW2 lol 

Never the less i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year of great gaming and hopes that 2010 is every bit as better than this great year!