applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By applet0n

Halo.

Yes, I do agree that the series is overrated. Yes, Microsoft has been milking the series. And yes, they will continue to.
But why do I justify it? Why do I continue to buy and play Bungie's games when I know deep down that the gameplay
is simple, the story is incomprehensible at times and the entire game revolves around a paper-thin space marine
that barely speaks throughout the series?

Really?
Really?

Well, there's only one reason. Co-op.
Ever since Halo: Combat Evolved, the games have provided easily accessible co-op and both Halo 3 and ODST have featured full 4 player co-op campaign allowing full online support. More importantly, they allow you to combine couch co-op with an online experience. And this is where I jump up and point and exclaim, "Look game developers! This is how you do it!" There are almost NO games that allow you to have a friend over at your house play with two of your other friends who live elsewhere. (Yes, I know there are more such as Left 4 Dead and MUA2) Because local Co-op play has become a dying breed, its great to see that even big developers with popular IPs can take the initiative to combine these kinds of play within a series that could very easily be left to the dogs and still stay massively popular.

And for that Bungie, I salute you.

Co-op. You're doing it right!
 Co-op. You're doing it right!
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

Why must you justify it if you like it you like it no need to be ashamed

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Siris

You don't have to justify Halo, it is what it is.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By applet0n

I'm simply justifying it to Halo-haters, you know they're out there.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

Halo pretty much got me into gaming. I had been playing games on and off since the Mega Drive, but Halo and Xbox sunk its hooks into me and never let go.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

If you like something you shouldn't need to justify it.  Play what you like, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@applet0n said:
"I'm simply justifying it to Halo-haters, you know they're out there. "
Everyone has their own personal opinion. If someone is out there saying the people who think it's a good game are wrong then they're not worth paying any attention too and explaining why you like it won't make them change their minds, it'll just fuel their fire.