My Mario Party Party parody of a Zevon classic

eduardopaulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey everybody!

This is my first post here. Glad to be a part of this community.

I wrote a parody of Warren Zevon's "Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner" called "Ryckert The Brainless Party Duder". Dan himself checked it out and seemed to enjoy it, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

(forgive me for any grammatical errors; English is not my first language)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Nice bass-baritone vocals.

eduardopaulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: Thanks! I'm not a baritone, but I knew that this was at the bottom of my range, so I recorded it right after waking up.

And while I'm at it: this song wasn't meant as an insult to anyone, so please don't take it the wrong way! I am a huge fan and have a great deal of respect and admiration for the crew. It was a tribute.

danryckert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danryckert  Staff

"Fingers on Z-triggers" is the best thing.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eduardopaulo: So cool! Have you read the biography of Zevon his wife wrote after his death? Real... eye opener.

UnintendedBM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great.

eduardopaulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregorygold: I haven't read his biography yet, but I once saw an interview with his former wife and yeah, it turns out that he wasn't a very nice guy. I'll get around to reading it eventually.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eduardopaulo: I'd highly recommend it, regardless - there are some fantastic anecdotes (it's mainly an oral history), and some great insight into his creative process, and the music scene he travelled through.

He may have been a spoilt man-child, a woman-beating, weak-willed drunk - an utter user of people - but he did write this:

And if California slides into the ocean

Like the mystics and statistics say it will

I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill

eduardopaulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregorygold: I'm not sure if his artistic output, while undoubtedly brilliant, redeems the piece of shit husband and father that he was, but he does seem to have made up with them later in life. I'll have to read the book to get a bigger picture.

danryckert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danryckert  Staff

The book is fantastic, and it'll really show you how much of a total asshole he was at times. I distinctly remember the story of him being drunk at his very young daughter's birthday party, and she ran up to him excited to hug him, and he just put his hand out and knocked her down. She sat on the ground crying at her birthday party because her dad couldn't be bothered to stop what he was doing for a second and hug her.

Check it out if you get a chance, he was a seriously complicated and fascinating dude.

eduardopaulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Now I'm torn between not wanting to read it because he just sounds more and more like a plain asshole to me, and wanting to read it in order to find at least one redeeming human quality on him. Maybe next time Amazon puts the Kindle version on sale, I'll get it.