EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By EightBitWarrior

5. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony 

I have to admit, when this game's name was announced, it turned my head and had me a bit surprised that they went with such an in your face title to get peoples attention. Reguardless of any of that though, this is another expansion to Grand Theft Auto IV, one of my absolute favorite games of all time. If this game can hit me as hard as the original game or The Lost and Damned (which was absolutely amazing as well), this will be one hell of a game. Take me home, Rockstar. 

4.  StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty 

Set a course. The original StarCraft game still holds that title of the first and only RTS game that I have liked. It goes well beyond like though.. I LOVE it. I played it for years after I got it in my possession, playing with friends, creating my own campaign missions and multiplayer maps... awesome. The sequel looks to be bigger, better, and more awesome. What's not to love? 

3. Crysis 2 

What? Only number 3? At the moment, yes. There is basically NOTHING known about the game, and after Crysis Warhead not living up to my high expectations, I can't help but to be a little concerned with the title, especially when making a leap to the consoles. That said, the original game is absolutely amazing to me, and I can't wait to have more of it made by the boys that made the original game. More open endedness, please! 

2. Final Fantasy XIII 

Yeah. I've watched a bunch of footage of this game when the japanese demo came out, and I was absolutely captivated. It looked like a fantastic blend between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VIII, which are my two favorite Final Fantasy games, X being one of my favorite games of all time in general. With a seemingly interesting cast of characters and fantastic graphics, along with a recent insurgance of RPG love from me, this one is going to be a surefire hit. 

1. Rage

Surprised? Me too. Up until the recent Quakecon trailer of the game, I haven't looked into this game at all. I recently watched the new trailer and the old trailer, and wow, this game looks intense. Gameplay looks like an open world Fallout type game minus the RPG elements....mixed with motorstorm. Wow. Also, the fact that this is a brand new id IP has me extremely excited. id doesn't make new IPs very often, and when they do, they blow shit out of the water. Color me extremely interested. This game just looks epic. 

That's a wrap. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading! 
#15-11 
#10-6
Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EightBitWarrior

5. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony 

I have to admit, when this game's name was announced, it turned my head and had me a bit surprised that they went with such an in your face title to get peoples attention. Reguardless of any of that though, this is another expansion to Grand Theft Auto IV, one of my absolute favorite games of all time. If this game can hit me as hard as the original game or The Lost and Damned (which was absolutely amazing as well), this will be one hell of a game. Take me home, Rockstar. 

4.  StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty 

Set a course. The original StarCraft game still holds that title of the first and only RTS game that I have liked. It goes well beyond like though.. I LOVE it. I played it for years after I got it in my possession, playing with friends, creating my own campaign missions and multiplayer maps... awesome. The sequel looks to be bigger, better, and more awesome. What's not to love? 

3. Crysis 2 

What? Only number 3? At the moment, yes. There is basically NOTHING known about the game, and after Crysis Warhead not living up to my high expectations, I can't help but to be a little concerned with the title, especially when making a leap to the consoles. That said, the original game is absolutely amazing to me, and I can't wait to have more of it made by the boys that made the original game. More open endedness, please! 

2. Final Fantasy XIII 

Yeah. I've watched a bunch of footage of this game when the japanese demo came out, and I was absolutely captivated. It looked like a fantastic blend between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VIII, which are my two favorite Final Fantasy games, X being one of my favorite games of all time in general. With a seemingly interesting cast of characters and fantastic graphics, along with a recent insurgance of RPG love from me, this one is going to be a surefire hit. 

1. Rage

Surprised? Me too. Up until the recent Quakecon trailer of the game, I haven't looked into this game at all. I recently watched the new trailer and the old trailer, and wow, this game looks intense. Gameplay looks like an open world Fallout type game minus the RPG elements....mixed with motorstorm. Wow. Also, the fact that this is a brand new id IP has me extremely excited. id doesn't make new IPs very often, and when they do, they blow shit out of the water. Color me extremely interested. This game just looks epic. 

That's a wrap. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading! 
#15-11 
#10-6
Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Aljosa15

GREAT list overall. Props on putting Final Fantasy XIII on #2, the game is amazing. Good stuff. :D

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jotun

Nice list, man. I'm pretty excited for so many damn games coming out in the next year or so that I don't think I could narrow it down to 15.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kmdrkul

Definitely excited for Rage as well.  I have faith that id will "deliver the goods," so to speak.  Also excited for the new GTA DLC as well.  Any excuse I can get to revisit GTA4!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

You are interested in Rage because it REMOVES the Fallout RPG elements? seems backwards to me. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
@AgentJ said:
" You are interested in Rage because it REMOVES the Fallout RPG elements? seems backwards to me.  "
Yea, that part seems weird. I felt the RPG elements in that game weren't expressed enough.
KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KazHirai

No Playstation Trey exclusive as #1? That sucks. 
-Kaz Hirai CEO of Sony Entertainment Japan    
Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Shindiggah

superb list, I am also super excited for the new FF and Crysis 2! havent looked into RAGE too much though but IM sure itll be amazing.
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By SmasheControllers

really ff xiii is 2nd?

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By darro

Yeah some of the games you have select on your list I am looking forward to also of course but ones you did not have that I am looking to get are Scribblenauts, Brutal Legend, Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Batman, which is out shortly of course. :)

I wouldn't have guessed Rage would be No 1 but FF XIII does look like a pretty stellar game and heck, it can't be worse than XII with its broken gameplay.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Griddler

Good list, well done for not just going with all the obvious games as well.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

The more I hear of Rage the more excited I get. It looks like a lot of fun. Good list there.

Kaz_Hirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kaz_Hirai
@KazHirai said:
" No Playstation Trey exclusive as #1? That sucks. -Kaz Hirai CEO of Sony Entertainment Japan     "
Yeah! 

Wait....what?
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Tordah

Nice list! Looking forward to a bunch of them myself.

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By lightwarrior179

Superb list. Hats off to you,man for stealing some words from my mouth on some of those games. 
StarCraft was the only RTS I truly ever liked and Crysis has to be one of the most enjoyable FPS in recent times. FFXIII looks good. As a long time FF fan, I too wish they would return to the FFVIII setting with more turn-based injected into the battle system.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By spankingaddict

good list, but crysis 2? i didnt care for the first one...

Jinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jinto

Does anyone know if Rage will use DirectX 11 tech?