NBA 2K10 all the way ! Anyone rooting for EA haha

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VirtuaXav

Yea 2K10 should be better, Live has gone down hill recently...
I'll get 2K but I hope Live can pick up soon.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum
@xavmeese said:

" Yea 2K10 should be better, Live has gone down hill recently... I'll get 2K but I hope Live can pick up soon. "

It isn't like 2K has been picking up the slack, with these two currently lackluster franchises. Maybe if SCEA could make a decent NBA game (similar to their MLB games), that would make both 2K and EA start taking themselves seriously (then again, they make enough sales, like they give a shit). Also, take note at 2K: their MLB games are still in the shitter, you'd think when another company is beating the shit out of you in the reviewing department (MLB 09 v MLB 2K9), you'd pretend to care.

2K has to currently be the worst sports developer of the three (EA, SCEA, and obviously 2K themselves). I mean, look at it:

MLB series - It has been dull the past few years (don't get me started on The Bigs 2).
NBA series - It has been average the past few years.
NHL series - NHL 2K5 was the last game in the series (so far) to get over 85 percent on GameRankings (going from 2K5 - 2K9).

SCEA beat them in the MLB department, and EA beat them in the NHL department. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Live 10 does better critically (and probably sales wise, too), over 2K10. 2K Sports: Clean up your game.

I apologize for my rant and getting off-topic. I honestly hope this game does well, because I did enjoy NBA 2K9 on my PC (somewhat), although after a few years in the Franchise Mode, it started to get insane (i.e. exactly like MLB 2K9 on the PC).
c_ngo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c_ngo

What you say is true Karmum . NBA Live since 08 has been improving on its gameplay and feel to simulate real life basketball . 2K hasnt really made any drastic improvements because the core that they have is already fun and exciting to the consumer . I've seen all the trailers for NBA Live 10 and it looks actually pretty good . NBA 2k10 does have the draft combine which is a pretty neat concept and I heard they redid all the motion capture stuff . So this might be the toughest year yet to choose between the two . 

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Log

Sorry the only basketball game worth talking about is NBA: JAM 2

c_ngo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c_ngo

LOL . damn straight 

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VirtuaXav

What about NBA Hangtime? Anyone......?

But yea, ever since Live 06 I haven't touched the Live series. I guess 2K just works better for me...
All my mates play 2K as well so it's an easy choice for online multiplayer and whatnot.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leviathan
@Karmum said:
" @xavmeese said:

" Yea 2K10 should be better, Live has gone down hill recently... I'll get 2K but I hope Live can pick up soon. "

It isn't like 2K has been picking up the slack, with these two currently lackluster franchises. Maybe if SCEA could make a decent NBA game (similar to their MLB games), that would make both 2K and EA start taking themselves seriously (then again, they make enough sales, like they give a shit). Also, take note at 2K: their MLB games are still in the shitter, you'd think when another company is beating the shit out of you in the reviewing department (MLB 09 v MLB 2K9), you'd pretend to care.  2K has to currently be the worst sports developer of the three (EA, SCEA, and obviously 2K themselves). I mean, look at it:  MLB series - It has been dull the past few years (don't get me started on The Bigs 2).NBA series - It has been average the past few years.NHL series - NHL 2K5 was the last game in the series (so far) to get over 85 percent on GameRankings (going from 2K5 - 2K9).    SCEA beat them in the MLB department, and EA beat them in the NHL department. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Live 10 does better critically (and probably sales wise, too), over 2K10. 2K Sports: Clean up your game. I apologize for my rant and getting off-topic. I honestly hope this game does well, because I did enjoy NBA 2K9 on my PC (somewhat), although after a few years in the Franchise Mode, it started to get insane (i.e. exactly like MLB 2K9 on the PC). "
In what way do you feel that 2k hasn't been picking up the slack in the NBA 2k series? In my opinion, I feel that they've been getting better and better each year. Ironing out the little annoying things each year, and adding in new features. Sure they're not mindblowing additions, but then again, what sports game additions are? For example, the updated roster feature was awesome in 2k9. It was great to have updated rosters that they surprisingly actually committed to, with updates all season. Obviously there were weak points with it (such as the fact that it was only one guy changing the ratings of a few players each week, and subject to his personal opinion), but still it was better than nothing. They slipped with their 5v5 online thing, where the lag just made it unplayable, but again, hopefully they'll fix up those missteps this year. I just feel that 2k has the upperhand on Live, which continues to feel more like NBA JAM than i would like. (I want a sim basketball game, not an arcade game, but that's just my preferences).