Need help finding a good console monitor

Nejdez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nejdez

Hey guys, im officially new to this forum but i was lingering for the past few days because im in need to decide which monitor to buy for my console.

I already gathered alot of information about panels and the fact that consoles limit at 60hz.

My PC monitor is a Asus VG248 144hz TN Panel. I use it for my PC because i play FPS games like CSGO competitively and i totally need the 144hz.

Console gaming is different because of the 60hz limit. So i was hearing alot of fuzz about IPS panels having way better colors and a crisp image unlike the washed out look of 120hz+ TN panels. I also noted that IPS generally have more delay (ms and input lag).

My goal is to get a second monitor for console gaming and entertainment (movies, tv shows etc.) with a gorgeous looking picture but it should still be playable in terms of input lag for FPS games like Halo and console gaming in general.

I am currently looking at Dell S2715H and AOC I2757FM. 5 and 6ms seem to be fine, though i dont know their input lags. One is matte and one is glossy. My room is pretty dark mostly, i have a slim window which would not shine towards my monitor. The AOC currently costs 250€ and the Dell costs 280€. Asus MX279H is also worth mentioning.

I gladly welcome any help and even other monitor suggestions. Thanks for reading anyways and sorry for my grammar, english isnt my native language.

Best regards.