Need urgent Xbox assistance folks! Please!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rayfield

Well, last night my Xbox crapped out again.

After sending it away to Microsoft in 2007 (faulty disc tray) and again in 2008 (RROD), last night when I swtiched it on, it got to the Xbox 360 logo screen and stopped. No further I went. Just stopped there. Tried a bunch of things (including Microsoft support, who I'm waiting to hear back from) to try to remedy it but nothing. Oddly enough, it goes through to the dashboard without the hard drive installed, but when that thing is in, it says "You ain't getting past the logo screen buddy."

As you can imagine, I'M INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED and need advice.

1. Has anyone had this particular problem before? If so, how did you fix it?

2. Since this particular console has had its fair share of issues, should I just dump this piece of shit and go buy an Elite?

3. Are Elites reliable?

Please help me Giant Bomb people! Skate 2 comes out next week!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Hmmm, as it is only when your HDD is plugged in, it's probably a problem with the hard drive.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gameboi

I think you should instead ask yourself why you are willing to keep going back to a product that has now failed you three times. You are rewarding Microsoft's disservice to you with loyalty.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

No no, i had this happen to me.  Just keep turning it on with or without the HDD, it will eventually get the RROD, these are the starting signs.  Eventually you will get it and have to ship it to get fixed.  Elites are but I am pretty damn sure the new pro systems are more reliable.  Just wait for the new Jasper chipset to be in all of them.  If you really want one, go get an arcade, that has the new chipset in it.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rayfield
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Hmmm, as it is only when your HDD is plugged in, it's probably a problem with the hard drive."

Hard drive problem? Christ, it was only November that it got the RROD. Now a HD problem? So, should I buy a new one or is it not worth it? Is it Elite time?

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rayfield
TheHBK said:
"No no, i had this happen to me.  Just keep turning it on with or without the HDD, it will eventually get the RROD, these are the starting signs.  Eventually you will get it and have to ship it to get fixed.  Elites are but I am pretty damn sure the new pro systems are more reliable.  Just wait for the new Jasper chipset to be in all of them.  If you really want one, go get an arcade, that has the new chipset in it."

Jasper chipset? Is this some sort of safeguard that Microsoft installed?
Adolph_Hitler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Adolph_Hitler

I have an Elite and it has never caused any problems. But I agree Gameboi... if my Xbox cocked up as many times as that I would move to a PS3. What's the point in haivng all that grief. Consoles are supposed to be fun!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rayfield

Just did some quick research on the Jasper chipset. Hmmm...

Once again costs will be cut, which is good news for

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rayfield
Adolph_Hitler said:
"I have an Elite and it has never caused any problems. But I agree Gameboi... if my Xbox cocked up as many times as that I would move to a PS3. What's the point in haivng all that grief. Consoles are supposed to be fun!"

Main thing from keeping me from doing that at this stage is restarting a games library on PS3.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rayfield

So if I go buy an Arcade, will there be any chance in hell of me being guaranteed it has a Jasper? Will the sales clerk have any idea? Or will they just respond with "Dave's not here, man".