#1  Edited By MasterMind
the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By the_stig

I liked the movie, hopefully Koei doesn't screw it up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

This topic should really go on the Hokuto Musou forum, but whatever.  The concept of mixing Fist of the North Star and Dynasty Warriors is too perfectly awesome.  I hope it turns out well, but the idea of running around as Kenshiro and making dudes explode left and right is enough to get me on board.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hailinel
@the_stig said:
" I liked the movie, hopefully Koei doesn't screw it up. "
I never thought that the movie was that good, but after watching some of the anime from the '80s, it's pretty embarrassing how bad the live action movie actually is.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Spoilers: They're ALREADY DEAD

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scorpinox

I've seen gameplay already and it doesn't seem to make much sense or look any good.Also,Koei doesn't seem to be any good with anything other than the warriors series(Dynasty and Samurai) and even those are getting too boring now.So,I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up for this.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Hey now, FOTNS is known foremost for exploding heads, and clearly entire bodies are the only thing exploding there. Shennanigans!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel
@Scorpinox said:
" I've seen gameplay already and it doesn't seem to make much sense or look any good.Also,Koei doesn't seem to be any good with anything other than the warriors series(Dynasty and Samurai) and even those are getting too boring now.So,I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up for this. "
You aren't familiar with Koei's long lines of strategy games, apparently.  Also, what little gameplay has been shown is essentially encapsulated in the above video, which is just a short clip of Kenshiro running around, beating the shit out of dudes and making them explode.

As a fan of the Warriors games, I am jazzed for this.  As much fun as I had with Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Fist of the North Star is a series that makes much more contextual sense within this style of crowd-control brawler.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Dude!  I fucking loved Fist of the North Star.  Color me interested.

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scorpinox

Long line of strategy games,huh? Romance of the Three Kingdoms is indeed a long series,but not a good 1.I have played them and they are nothing but frustrating,they require no skill and only luck of the rolling die(plural for dice).I hate to break it to you,but building an army of 10 000 strengthened and moraled units and watching them lose to a weakened fortress of 3000 that are already being attacked by another 4000 on the other side is the opposite of fun....especially when those 3000 are capable of destroying my fortress of 10 000(the exact opposite of what just failed)with the tables turned. 

Back on topic,though.This game doesn't make any more sense than Dynasty Warriors Gundam ever did,which I've played by the way and it just feels like a sluggish version of Dynasty Warriors with Gundam robot skins applied to the character models.Much like Gundam,if this game has "Warriors" included in the title then it will probly just feel like Dynasty Warriors with Fist of the North Star character models.For fans of Fist of the North Star,it's not a bad thing....but for everyone else,it is the same old shit they do not want to play. 

Maybe you will understand this way: Koei is a very small developer,in size and funding as well as resources.Working on 4 other games right now(Samurai Warriors 3,Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce,Trinity Souls of Z'ill Oll,and Warriors Legends of Troy)plus this one is just ridiculous and not very smart for them.Strikeforce looks good and it looks alot different than the usual formula,but Samurai Warriors 3 I guarantee you is the same Samurai Warriors I've been playing for years and the 2 new IPs look terrible.They do not have the focus on either of these 4,so the divided focus will be terrible for this 1.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel
@Scorpinox: Regarding Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I have played some, but not all of the games in the series.  However, I can say that I found Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII really, really addictive and I played the absolute hell out of it.  There's a lot of depth and complexity to it that took me a while to understand, and I really had to experiment to find the play style that really worked for me.  Jumping in and taking charge as a ruler was more than I could chew at the start, so I started playing at the lower ranks and getting the hang of the game that way.  It was a blast, even if I wasn't necessarily the one sitting on the throne at the game's end.

If you really couldn't tell the difference between the way that Dynasty Warriors: Gundam plays in comparison to the main Dynasty Warriors series, all I can say is that you probably didn't play enough.  Aspects of movement and attacks, Gundam customization and upgrades as well as the basic mission structure all had their differences compared to Dynasty Warriors.  Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi also have gameplay and structural differences that disntinguish them from their parent series.  Same old shit?  Similiar yes, but nothing that I find shitty.

And how can you guarantee me that Samurai Warriors 3 is exactly the same as the previous two when you haven't even played it?  That's actually one of the games I'm really looking forward to next year, and even in what little gameplay footage has been released, I've noticed some subtle differences in how the game plays compared to its predecessors.  Out of all of the Warriors games, the Samurai Warriors titles have consistently been my favorite, and I'm looking forward to playing it, just as I am Hokuto Musou.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By AlexB

I remember playing this for The Game Boy. Ahhh memories.

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scorpinox

I never said the other warriors games have no differences.They do indeed have little differences here and there and I have enjoyed them since Dynasty Warriors 4.Eventually,they feel the same because Koei never changes the engine or,for the most part,the quality of the graphics.Same as Gundam's little differences,but I don't like Gundam itself and therefore had no real chance of enjoying Dynasty Warriors Gundam.I understand that fans of both Gundam and Dynasty Warriors would enjoy it,but that's like saying a bisexual would enjoy being in bed with a guy and girl at the same time.It's obvious and beside the point.Anyway,my point is that Koei doesn't distinguish these enough in order for them to feel alot different than the other and once you start playing with pretty much the same moveset for said character in Dynasty Warriors 3 through 5 Empires,Extreme Legends,and Orochi Warriors 2....I can only hope you get tired of it by then like I have.And thus,my point about Samurai Warriors 3 is that all the existing characters returning in that game will have the same moveset that I've played with enough already.Minor changes and new features for sure,as well as new characters,but still the same engine and lack of impressive graphics as well as very little extra for the returning characters.Oh and the story doesn't get much different either,it's alot of the same maps and the same events. 

Don't worry,I'm not hating.I love Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors,I prefer Samurai alot,and I prefer Orochi even more since it is both of them put together.....It's just that I don't want any more of it,I feel like I've had enough of the same and that's fine because I still play Orochi Warriors 2.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel
@Scorpinox said:
" Anyway,my point is that Koei doesn't distinguish these enough in order for them to feel alot different than the other and once you start playing with pretty much the same moveset for said character in Dynasty Warriors 3 through 5 Empires,Extreme Legends,and Orochi Warriors 2....I can only hope you get tired of it by then like I have. "
Why would you hope that I get tired of something that I enjoy?  Once again, you and I know very little about the characters in Samurai Warriors 3.  The Dynasty Warriors series was given a major overhaul in DW6 that changed the way many of the characters played.  It's not as though they're adverse to such changes.
Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scorpinox

I hope you get tired of it because most people do get tired of something after doing it for so long,and if you don't then I'd be kinda worried maybe you aren't human or something.Yes,Dynasty Warriors got a huge overhaul with 6(which sucks ass,by the way),BUT that overhaul on the character models and everything was very evident just from screens of the game released long before the game hit store shelves anywhere.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake

No idea what this is but it looks like fun in a mindless sort of way.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel
@Scorpinox said:
" I hope you get tired of it because most people do get tired of something after doing it for so long,and if you don't then I'd be kinda worried maybe you aren't human or something.Yes,Dynasty Warriors got a huge overhaul with 6(which sucks ass,by the way),BUT that overhaul on the character models and everything was very evident just from screens of the game released long before the game hit store shelves anywhere. "
I love how you keep presenting your opinions as facts.  That will get you far.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Fuck Koei!!! They ruin everything by turning it into a shitty beat-em-up!!!! 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

the game looks alright. i kind of think that the game looks kind of slow. i want to see this game seem faster.

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scorpinox
@Hailinel said:
" @Scorpinox said:
" I hope you get tired of it because most people do get tired of something after doing it for so long,and if you don't then I'd be kinda worried maybe you aren't human or something.Yes,Dynasty Warriors got a huge overhaul with 6(which sucks ass,by the way),BUT that overhaul on the character models and everything was very evident just from screens of the game released long before the game hit store shelves anywhere. "
I love how you keep presenting your opinions as facts.  That will get you far. "

I didn't claim anything I said is fact at all,but look at the difference between Dynasty Warriors 5 and 6 just in the very first screens released of Dynasty Warriors 6.I think you really need your eyes checked if you don't see:  

The drastic change in every character's look. 
The drastic weapon change for all the characters. 
The increase in graphical quality. 
The new Renbu combat system.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By trophyhunter

you had me at new koei game

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho
@Scorpinox:  
You sucking at strategy games isn't the forum topic. Take your ROT3K trolling elsewhere.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

What's Fist of the North Star?

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scorpinox

You're right,your mindless flaming is NOT the forum topic and you need to get the fuck out.

But here,3 reasons for you to shut the fuck up:

1.You coming in here judging me and insulting me on my strategy skills(which you have novalid reason to believe is lacking) isn't helping the thread at all. 
2.I know exactly what the topic title is. 
3.I am done with the off topic posts as of now,and I was done before you even posted yours above. 

Oh,and just a little bonus reasoning for you: You are NOT a mod,so do not talk to me like 1.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PureRok

ATATATATATATATATATAT WAATAA!

That didn't even hurt

You're already dead.

Wuaahaaaaa---- *SPLOOSH*

Every awesome episode right there.

Edit:
@trophyhunter said:

" you had me at new koei game "
This, too, when MaSuTa told me about this game a week ago.