New game habbits/rituals

Skullomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skullomania

I don't remember why or when this started but whenever I get a new game the first thing I always do is go to the options screen and look at everything I can turn on and off. I then proceed to turn on subtitles. 
Also when in a linear adventure/platformer game 2D or 3D I will start the level and immediatley go the opposite direction the start me in.

Anyone else do odd things like this?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Yup, options. I turn off subtitles though.

I think that's it.

Kindrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Kindrik

Looking at the options being the first thing I do started for me once I began playing more and more PC games and all the options really started to matter. Then it just bled into my all my non-PC gaming. No subtitles for me though.

In games that have overworlds or dungeons of some kind I always try and pick the path/direction that looks like it will dead end sooner. Explore that path all the way to the end, then double back and take another route until I've explored everything. If I end up going one way for way too long I'll stop midway through, go back, and try another.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

Look through the game manual (which is sad that that tradition is slowly coming to an end now that companies are going green, but I suppose it's for the best).  Then it depends, I usually turn subtitles on, but sometimes I forget and go straight to the game.

norton123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By norton123
@Kindrik said:
" Looking at the options being the first thing I do started for me once I began playing more and more PC games and all the options really started to matter. Then it just bled into my all my non-PC gaming.   
 When playing PC games I definitely look at the options first. I don't do the same for console titles, though. I'll occasionally turn subtitles on, but it's usually once I've started the game and realize reading the text would help me better comprehend what's going on. 
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Badhands

I play mainly PC games, so I pop in DL express set everything to max and go to town.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By stonyman65

I grab a soda or other beverage, I put the game in and boot it up, I go to options put subtitles ON, check the button/key config, and then adjust the mouse/analog sensitivity and then I play the game on medium. 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Kyreo

Yeah I'll look at options first and stuff like that.  I always watch the intro movie to every new game I buy.  I don't think that that is weird though.

RudeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By RudeJohn

I like to stand on one foot, hold an egg in one hand and a cup of hot steaming coffee in the other, then spin around as fast as I can  while trying to drink the coffee. 

If I drop the egg, then I can only play the game on the hardest setting. Every other Tuesday. Between the hours of 12 am and 12:03 am. 

Is that weird?