New game in development for DS by Level-5 and Studio Ghibli.

Ihatespaces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ihatespaces

Announced at last year's Level-5 Vision conference, Ni no Kuni (Two Kingdoms) is Level-5's collaboration with Oscar-winning Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro). Basically, Level-5 takes care of the game making, and Ghibli produces the art, animation, and music (oh, man, the music!). Not much was known about this title until now, but after playing a short 20-minute demo, it's clear that neither company is phoning it in.    

full article here: 
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175763 

Apparently it's been announced for a while now though, this article was reported last year. Though this is the first I've heard of it, and after seeing this video:

I am now officially hyped for this game. In all honesty this is one of the best things I've heard for a while now.  

So, opinions?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Even without reading any of the text your put out. I right away recognized Studio Ghibli's art style. Might be worth my time to go and research...which I hardly do till like a day before a games release. 

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MisterMouse

Yes and the music is very similar to some of their other stuff, ghibli as a very specific style that is well known which is cool. The game looks nice if what they are showing is what it actually is, looks fun! I also wonder what that "another platform" is...

Ihatespaces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ihatespaces
@pyromaster222: Yeah, I was amazed when I first saw the video, if they can actually get cutscenes like that then I will be more than happy. The actual in-game graphics were amazing as well, certainly close to, if not the best I've seen on the DS. Hopefully the actual gameplay will be on the same level as the graphics, but I haven't really heard much about that yet. 

Hopefully we'll hear more about it at E3!

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MisterMouse

I am looking forward to hearing more!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Its been only a year since Ni No Kuni was officially announced?!

It feels like forever.

So, if you only heard of this now, let me hype you a little more...

This is not a collector's edition. Every copy of the game will come with a unique spellbook that you use for completing the game.

And now to crush the hype: There is no reason at all to believe that this will ever see the light outside of Japan.

Oh, and if you have a flashcard, there's a demo for NiNoKuni that you can download.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

is this the game using the 4gb card?