New Idea for Community Quests!

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dantheman1515

So I really enjoy the community quests, even though this one took me a while when I thought the first question was glitched (It wasn't I was just a moron). But the problem I feel is that whenever someone figures the quest out they post a big ass thread of hints that basically act as a hand feeding you the soup that is free XP. They are doing this so more people get the quest done enhancing their chances of attaining 1000 XP.  

I think this defeats the purpose of the whole quest system. Its like playing a puzzle game like Braid or PB W with a faq. So I ask the Giant  Bomb quest givers to create a new way of keeping people from divulging the information. Luckily for you, I have an idea of my own. 

So in the recent community quest there is a goal of 7500 to get an extra 1000. There is roughly 3000 finished. I'm guessing a third to two thirds of these people finished the quest almost entirely with hints from the forums. So to remedy this why not offer 3000 extra points if only 1500 or less finish the quest. I think it would be cool because it creates a conflict of interest. Do I help the community, or try to nab all the points for myself?  

So your rewarding both selfishness and teamwork in the same instance, all while hopefully curving the hint epidemic. 

What are your thought community? Any ideas to strengthen the idea?

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

That's actually a pretty interesting idea.

I like it, they should do it. It would probably fuck me over (because I use the hints pretty liberally) but whatever, it would make for some fun times.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I like hints because a lot of the quests are impossible to figure out. There's nothing wrong with hints.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By VIGGO123
@natetodamax said:
" I like hints because a lot of the quests are impossible to figure out. There's nothing wrong with hints. "
And it's not like you must read the hints either, sure, a lot of people just solves the quests using only the hints, but they are missing the point of the game and it's probably not that fun.