New Mario Game, Wii Fit Online Plus later this year (RUMOR)

thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By thebobster10
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Shiggy already confirmed some time ago that there would be a new Zelda and Galaxy 2 was well.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

He didn't say when they would be released, he just said they're in development... Which is a no brainer really, but that didn't mean we'd see them soon... So, if this Mario thing is true it's great news. As long as it's not Mario Party 9. Wii Fit Plus was leaked months ago in some store lists though. Anyway, with all the awesome pre-E3 announcements, I wouldn't mind if nothing else new came out of it. I'm content with stuff to look forward to already. If Nintendo adds some extra magic on top (aside from games we already await for like Another Code R, Sin & Punishent 2, Pikmin 3, Takt of Magic, Endless Ocean 2, etc), that's gonna be a bonus. I'd really like to see some of the games in my parenthesis and also other briefly seen titles like Dynamic Slash and Cosmic Walker though. But it's ok if they aren't shown either. E3 isn't everything anyway, there's always TGS or perhaps another Nintendo Media Summit beforehand. I adored the last one of those. Atm, it's all about third parties though, Square will be showing a playable build of one of my most anticipated titles (The Crystal Bearers). I can't wait. I have to wait. I can wait.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai

Wii Fit Plus was expected and a Mario game is not surprising, but which series?  I highly doubt it's gonna be Galaxy 2 or even a new platformer.  I think it will be one of those sports spinoffs... most likely Mario Golf Wii.  Maybe Mario Party 9 is coming since they normally spit a new one out every 6 weeks and they're way overdue.

If it's Galaxy 2, I'm stoked.  If not, meh.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dsplayer1010

If Mario happens: awesome. I don't really care about Wii Fit.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon

I'm tempering my real excitement on this, mainly because "new Mario game" can mean a whole slew of things, including Mario Party, another Mario sports title or something else that isn't Galaxy 2. And really, even though Galaxy is my favorite game of 2007, I'm not sure that another one is really necessary; the wait for that game is part of what made it so mind-blowingly special.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#7  Edited By TobyD81

Dude, New Super Mario Bros 2!
This rumor is just too vague for my comfort. A new Mario game could be anything, hopefully it'll be a main series title and not a sports or party game. A Galaxy follow-up would be pretty amazing, but if Nintendo just wants to make me happy...seriously...NSMB2

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Galaxy came about a year and a half ago, not three.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You know, I think you're forgetting something.  Mario Golf is a mario game.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By freakin

Would Nintendo really make a Galaxy 2, Nintendo doesn't seem to like making direct Mario sequels that are little more than new levels, with no major changes.  I guess they could keep the planet hopping and add something game changing, but I dunno.